Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tucson is a car town.... what about your town

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ENFO, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

I love Tucson Az. the weather kicks ass!!! And there are so many cars here.... not show cars but old stuff people drive daily... I decided to make a list of what I saw just today:):)

On the way to work... 65 Mustang and 67 Le Mans, Daily drivers thats just in my apartment complex. Also saw a 69 Catalina convertable.
    Got to work and had to run to the parts store and steel yard.... while out I saw a 67 GTO convertable (nice car),67 mustang coupe, 64-5 Falcon Sprint, and a 57 ford wagon. On the way home I saw a 57 chevy 4 door, 73ish Plymouth Fury 4 door, and a 61ish Rambler American 2 door. This was about 2 hours of drive time...

I love Tucson.... so many bitchin cars.... being driven:):)

So, is Tucson different? What do you guys see?

2. squirrel

squirrel

saw a bunch of cars from Tucson in Sierra Vista over the weekend....

I keep seeing a 39 stude with an old Ford axle under it, and psycho paint, driving around here too. I heard it has a poncho mill.

when I drove up to bonneville this summer, I saw a 50s ford pickup in Safford, that was it for old cars for about the next two days, until I got on the salt and saw a bunch more.

3. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    from Tucson AZ

couldn't agree with you more, a great place to live for us car guys!

4. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I'm in...saw a nice 53 Chevy truck today..still delivering glass. Had the wooden frames and several large panes.
    64 Catalina..gold and gorgeous. Couple of nice rods..an A and a duece.

Saw a 56 Chev Wagon taking a load at Costco couple days ago.
    I see stuff everyday here. Either Hot Rodded or still in daily use..more than I can mention.

No rust..the next 7 months of perfect weather...hard not to like it.

5. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

There is certainly a whole lot of old cars on the road here, but a whole lot of them are beat to shit too... Got our share of nice stuff though.

6. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Sounds like Mesa. Lots of daily vintage iron out here, and if I don't see at least three '65-'66 Mustangs being driven per day, it's unusual.

-KK

7. Travis

Travis

My 61 Impala is my driver.
    Hot as hell, but no snow or excessive rain.

Just in my nieghborhood there's:
    three Mustangs(that I know of).
    five early 50's pick up's, Dodge and Chevy.
    two 1930's ford projects.
    55 chevy wagon in progress.
    a 63 Pontiac Ambulance.

I think that's it?

8. Travis

Travis

Everyone that lives here talks shit on the place, then winds up moving to the pacific northwest to watch it rain and smell the hippies haha.

9. Travis

Travis

Seattle was cool when I went there. My car actually spent a period of time there with a previous owner who came down here in the winter.

When I went it was suppose to be the dry season and it rained every day. But That was nice when we were use to being fried.

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Guy down the street from me has a handful of Duece roadsters. Since things don't rust here, there's old iron all around.
    With the economy in the crapper, all the old VW beetles come out and get re-licensed.

11. 28RPU6

28RPU6

I bought my first project out of tucson. It was a very nice 34 pick up. I saw a ton of hot rods being driven the entire time I was there. My hometown has a bunch of nice cars but they only come out once a year for the founders day parade. How sad is that.

12. I'm driving to Tucson Tues afternoon to attend and speak at a car club meeting. Have lots of friend there. Where are some good places to leave flyers for my upcoming events in Tucson?

thanks,
    Steve
    Hosting-
    Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 28, 2009 Phoenix
    www.pbofallfest.org (site pending)
    8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Phoenix
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

There's a gathering tonight at Monkey Business on Silverbell. I won't be there, have a GM class (with food) tonight.

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

Fremont,Ca used to be a car town..but now it's Middle Eastern and Asian town..

15. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

Hey AppleKrate.... Don's Hot Rod Shop 2811 North Stone ave. 85705 is a great place...
    Also you can stop by my shop and drop off flyers and I will pass them out at our club meeting and shows... My shop is Champ Perfomance 675 W. Helen st. suite #1, Call me at 520-954-5827 and make sure Im there... Its a little hard to find the shop so I can give you directions as well...

Shawn

16. Been to Tuson to see friends and attend a show one of the Tuscon clubs did every year and yep there are great cars there and Don's Speed shop is a good place.

Burbank where I live is full of old cars and hotrods. Great place and mild weather. Drive my coupe most every weekend. Was my daily driver for a while.

17. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Goes without saying that Wichita is a car town....

18. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Kokomo, IN is a car town. Cars that rarely see the light of day that is. Possibly the miserable economy around here or maybe its like this other places too, but I'd say this is one reason: There is just no place to drive them or drive to unless you drive an hour away or more.

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yeah, it is...

Attached Files:

20. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

Been to Tucson a lot in the last two years. My wife had cancer. Been to Don's a couple of times.I think my town has a pretty good population of special interest cars and they get driven.I live in Lake Havasu City. Endless summer and more hot rods per capita than any place I've ever been. They drive'em. I've lived here 5 years and they are still coming out of the wood work. Acquaintance of mine drove his $250,000 roadster to Canada and back this summer. Comes to the Wienerschnitzle on Saterdays in it. Lots of other really fine, trophy winning (Any where) cars get driven here. In fact my club, the Relics and Rods is putting on Run to the Sun this month. Your all invited to the most beautiful place in the US. You can come see for yourself what Street Rod Heaven looks like.

21. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

Yeah.... Havasu is a hardcore car town.... tons of high perf companies there... Lizard skin.. L.C. Engineering... No Limit... just to name a few....

Alex... thats a great pic... I need to drive the Anglia over there and take a pic like that.....

Shawn

22. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

My wife is from Tucson, and we almost bought a house in havi back in 2000:D But I backed out of it, got cold feet:rolleyes: Now I'm kicking myself and so is my wife, She is never going to let me down for that one, So we are hoping to move out there next fall or maybe sooner. Oh I got cold feet about moving cuz I have never moved from my state or even my town and I'm 41 now.:rolleyes:

23. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

Oh by the way Brunswick, ohio is a car town for about 5 months of the year and only on sunny weekends, so that brings it down to 2 weekends a month.:rolleyes: just show cars, no everyday hotrods.

24. However once you get as far as Missouri - you just may fall in love with that state, and want to move there, it sure is beautiful! :D

25. squirrel

squirrel

heh...my neighbors live there half the year (guess which half)

26. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

yesterday I took my '72 Chevy in for emissions (passed!) and was with TWO other 67-72 GM Trucks. And behind a beautiful original '74 Vette
    Before that I saw a completely stock '42 rollin by. Was a typical day!

27. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

AZ in general is a great place for old cars that get driven. I haven't been to many towns in AZ that doesn't have a lot of old cars on the road. It's truly project heaven too - lot's of great stuff available for that next build.

28. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

If only we could take down all those damn speed cameras. It might actually be fun to go for a drive again...

29. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

yeah, and this is our car season now. Like most desert animals, we crawl out of our holes and cruise around more

30. Travis

Travis

The 60 has cameras on it now...The freeway aint so free.

I like night driving when no ones out and there's surtain east bound stretches with no camera's. Get it up to 100 and fly.