Register now to get rid of these ads!

spring bushing help 57 f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LEE 01, Oct 15, 2009.

1. LEE 01

LEE 01
    from illinois

So I had the front spring (rear bushing) pressed out when I got my springs dearched and the main leaf flipped - they were toast. Now that I am finally putting it all back together I can't find a bushing that fits. I need one that is aprox. 1" O.D. with aprox 9/16" I.D. The one from the parts store is too small O.D. I called LMC there's is too small also. I am beginning to think these may not be stock. Anyone know if the 2 eyes on the front spring are the same size, or is the back one a little bigger. Also, if this isn't the original leafs, anyone know what Ford had this size leaf spring bushing. Any help is great, this driving me nuts and holding me back.

2. LEE 01

LEE 01
    from illinois

3. If it's a bronze bushing, the part number I found in the SRI catalog is "HDB".
    Call a real deal spring shop and see if they can source some for you. I don't have any.
    Just found some in Harrisburg PA at Dayton parts. Have to buy four at a time.
    Dimensions on HDB appear to be 7/8" OD, 5/8" ID, 1 3/4" wide. If that's what it is, you can probably use bearing supply house flanged bushings and make minor modifications.
    I'm just going by an old 1960 catalog, may not have exactly correct info. Could be proven wrong.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009