Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Rest of the Story (that beautiful purprle Merc!!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickbelle, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buickbelle

buickbelle

Hi Everyone,

Chris & Karma? I was toally blown away! The Merc was at the last run, and IT WAS FANTASTIC.

Without Furtur Ado, here is the car out in the sunshine, Even prettier than it was when I saw it during the Krawl, it that is posblile.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two weeks ago this great car was minus all the glass and the interior.

Here is what I found at the show on Saturday.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Your "people" did good Chris. Just know that you REALLY impressed this old lady!!!

Carrie

2. You call THAT a beautiful Merc? Not even close!!!!

3. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

Carrie -
    It was great to see you this weekend! Glad you liked the Merc, I was excited for you to see it. We had lots of fun building this one, and the customer was thrilled. That's our main goal. We got lots of positive feedback on it. Had a blast this weekend, especially cruising!

Next is finishing up Exota...

4. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

Dear Bad Bob-

I have tried to be a lady about your rude comment and just ignore you. It really isn't in my nature to be mean. But when you insult our work and leave a rude comment on Buick Belle's thread, you leave me no choice. After deliberating for a couple weeks, I have come to some conclusions about you:

1 You are an asshole
    2 You spend way too much time on the computer in your Mom's basement

I'm not sure when you deemed yourself the "God of all things Mercury", but this car was built to suite the owners taste. It is a beautiful car.

I have received a warm welcome on the HAMB and have noticed that the guys don't hesitate to speak their mind. They also don't let many rude comments slide by. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.

I normally don't call someone an asshole, it's very unbecoming as a lady. You sir, caused my can of Whoop Ass to crack open.

Please tell your Mother hello for me, I think she has your peanut butter sandwich waiting for you upstairs.

Warmest regards,
    Mrs Chaotic

5. synthsis

synthsis

holy shit. you need to cool the fuck off. Bob is a well respected guy around here. For all you know he's kidding. remember, sarcasm doesn't show in Time New Roman point 10 font. :rolleyes:

6. Fenders

Fenders

If Bob is (as you said) entitled to his opinion, why call him an asshole?

edited to add: in my opinion, the car is great. But that's only my opinion.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Bob gave his opinion without name calling. Like you said, eveyone is entitled to their opinion and if someone posts a car that they say is "fantastic" they/you need to be prepared for others opinions that might not agree with yours. I don't care for the car either but for the most part unless its a rat rod, I keep my opinions to myself so as not to hurt someones feelings. I'm a fan of chrome so this mono-chromatic look does not suit me BUT if the owner is happy and likes it, that's all that matters.

That steering wheel though has got to go as well. Doesn't not suit the car what so ever. I could go on but it's just my opinion.;)

Also, this thread going for almost three weeks without ANYONE stating that this Merc is awesome, fantastic, perfect, ect, leads me to believe more people have the same opinion as Bob then Carrie. If there's one thing the HAMB is, is honest and brutal.

8. havi

havi

9. John Denich

John Denich

I don't like the car either, and I dont live in my Mothers basement and I don't like Peanut Butter, but I can be an asshole! ya it need bumpers!!!!

10. skullhat

skullhat

i prefer chrome and shiney paint , but i think the car shows excellent workmanship, and is well crafted. i wouldnt think twice about cruise'n it.

remember , it was built for a customer, you gotta keep their desires in the build.

may be a bit harsh though gettin on some one because they dont like it

skull

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well I like peanut butter so I guess we'll never hook up :D

12. John Denich

John Denich

I could learn to like it....you never know I may like it!!!;);)

13. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Whats wrong with peanut butter ?

14. ratster

ratster

maybe paint the merc "peanut butter" and we'll like it more

15. John Denich

John Denich

Nothing, I just grew up in an Italian family we had Nutella!!! this is about Denise and I hooking up not Peanut Butter:D:D:D

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No shit! I'd do Nutella over peanut butter any day of the week! What about a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich??:D

17. John Denich

John Denich

Ya like Reese Peanut Butter Cup sandwich.....Sounds good to me:D

18. That was pretty interesting! Where should I start? HMMMMMM...

#1 Yea,might be an asshole,but NOT in this case. When someone posts a pic of a 80's looking,No bumpers,Wooden steering wheel,Mono-chromatic,Mercury on a "Traditional" website and says "Beautiful",which also is an opinion,you should expect to get some criticism,AND not be offended! I don't consider myself a Mercury "expert",but anybody on the HAMB will tell you that I eat,drink,and sleep,Mercs! ALL Mercs,BTW! When I see someone put a label on a Merc,BEST,BEAUTIFUL,PERFECT,etc,I have to check it out. Since your shop built the car,it's expected that you would be deffensive,NOT offensive! I saw on another thread,the work progress pics on that car,and I liked it,until I saw the end result! Then I was dissapointed. The quality looks very good,but unfortunatly,the style is out-dated! I'm sure on another website, that doesn't cater to Traditional Hotrods and Customs,you would have a different reaction.

#2 I'm 49,have no basement,and my mom has been dead for a few years now! Which I would like to thank you for bringing up a bad memory. Don't care for PB n J sandwiches either,not since I was about 10.

#3 Hope you didn't join the HAMB just to shit on me! Seems non-productive and a waste of time...

And now back to our scheduled program...

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well then I guess thats settled, we're hooking up and will share a romatic peanut butter and Nutella sandwich.:D

20. my47soto

my47soto

Momma they in here fighting:D

21. John Denich

John Denich

john hearts denise, nutella rules, ugly merc

Okay who tagged this.....that is funny shit!!!

22. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

My apologies. My note was dripping with sarcasm. I felt that Bad Bob's comment was not sarcasm, (being in bold with several !!!) but was just nasty. I should have let it be. Did NOT mean to stir up a pot of trouble. Our local HAMBers have been razzing me about letting it go without a reply. But to celar the air, I love peanut butter.

23. havi

havi

"You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!"

"No. You got your peanut butter on my chocolate"

24. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i would pay to have front row seats for that......selling tickets????

25. chaotic

chaotic

Uhoh! The little lady is stirring up shit while I'm at work. Bob, you are right the car was started 15 yrs ago in another shop. All the parts were already bought in the 80s and we had to work with what he had. We can't always build the traditional style that we like. And note that we didn't tag this car as perfect, beautiful or fantastic.

Now...headed home for my PBJ sandwich!!!

26. banditomerc

banditomerc

So everybody...lets kiss and make up! THE END??

27. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The car is great, really well done, but it could use some chrome trim. And I hate to be picky but I don't like the gas door there! Hey it's the site for people to bitch about cars that aren't built like they woulda been 40+ years ago. :D And my choosy mom chooses Jif.

28. To all the JIF lovers out there:
    If you don't have to stir your peanut butter when you first open the jar, you are not traditional.
    Mrs. L. Scudder

29. My Opinion...

Pros;
    Great color
    Nice bodywork
    Great chop!
    Awesome grill opening!
    Glad the drip-rail detail was retained and not smoothed

Cons;
    Sidepipes
    Mirrors
    Lack or bumpers
    Tinted windows
    Lack of window stainless and/or beltline stainless
    Interior color
    Dash
    Steering wheel
    Roll-pans
    Lack of skirts(my preference)
    Gas door not filled
    V-butt windshield
    Steering column
    Headlights(directional signals inset)

NOTE-Opinion based on typical, traditional HAMB standards.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

or based on plain old good taste that's not going to date a car. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.