Register now to get rid of these ads!

ot..kids rock!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breeder, Jun 7, 2006.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

EARLY sat art show..anyone else????:)

2. octane

octane
    from Virginia

All cool stuff!! I don't have any kids of my own yet, but my 11 year old stepson is starting to show a little bit of interest. He doesn't have the patience to come out to the shop and wrench with me yet, but he recently asked if I'd take him for a ride on the motorcycle. Now I just gotta build a bike with a back seat (working on it!) and convince his mom! It all started a few months ago when I was watching the MotoGP DVD "Faster" in the living room. The boy sometimes sneaks out of bed and stands in the hall to see what's on the tube. In the middle of a particularly impressive save I hear, "WHOA! CAN WE GO SEE THAT?!" from the hall. Gonna take him to see a WERA race at VIR soon.

3. octane

octane
    from Virginia

He came with me to a photo shoot one weekend and dug the rods. One of the guys let him hop in and check out his car up close.

[​IMG]

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

was lookin for pics of my dad and found these also..it got quite on day about a year ago and you know how dads like to have there readin materials near:D ..well, i came around the corner and found this..so i grabbed the camera ...lets here or see some more kool kids gang......breeder:)

Attached Files:

• 111.JPG
      111.JPG
      File size:
      64.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2222.JPG
      2222.JPG
      File size:
      61.4 KB
      Views:
  5. SportsterBobber

SportsterBobber
    from Duluth MN

my 2 year old love to play in my Hot rod

Attached Files:

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

When my son was just ayear or two old he knew these automotive words "FASTER DADDY FASTER". I have pics of him in the Old Roadster and pics of him when he was 18 driving my friend's Track Car to the NTBA Nationals in Mountain Home AR by himself. We followed in the van since my friend had had a stroke just a year or two earlier.

7. Good Lord! Get her some better reading material or she will NEVER learn how to spell and compose a sentence!:D

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Great thread!

I scored a 6' wood encased school chalkboard for in the garage.
    Why,I don't know?
    My youngest thinks it's the greatest thing in the world to have it out there and spends lots of time with me drawing Spongebob,hot rods,her cat,the world as she sees it.We get to talk,do homework and compare notes of our day.

It's our responsibility to mentor our kids and show them we care.Too much immediacy,peer pressure and bad stuff in the world waiting to ruin theirs.
    Better to build a young person than to heal an adult!

9. necrobillygirll

necrobillygirll

teach her every thing you know . i wish my pops had given a shit to show me anything he knew about cars. i just wasnt a boy so he didnt care to show me. dont do that to your girl

10. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

My youngest son was writing on the walls in the house, when caught by his mother he replied, its papa's pinstripes.....that made it OK in my book! Plus his scribble looked better than most my striping.

11. sinks88

sinks88

Kids are the future of everything, good and Bad...might as well enjoy em!

I hate those F'ers that can't stand thier kids or think their lazy or fat or something!!! I want to dump a tranny on their head! Get off your soap box and be a F'n parent!!!

12. josh77

josh77

My 7 year old checking out my Tudor body. He's concerned that I might not run a back seat. I assured him we'll just leave mom at home so he could ride in front.....:D

Attached Files:

13. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

recently while at Mokan dragway racing my 70 maverick my 14 year old daughter looked very bored so I asked the Mokan staff if I could take my daughter down the strip just 1 pass they said yes but only a half pass, so I asked her if she wanted to and she said I guess so, got her in the car did a great big burnout, looked over and she was smilin like I've never seen her smile, launched the car and she screamed OH YEA, started grabbin gears ( 5 speed ), hit third and boom broke it, she says what was that, Third gear hun broke the tranny, sorry your first pass wasnt that fun, and her only responce was, ya know I get my permit next summer, shur would like to drive the mav, especially if it had an automatic, I almost fell out of the car, she's asked me nearly every day when we start working on the mav

14. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Well, I dont have kids, but I am one. I think my dad thinks it pretty wicked that im out in the shop everytime he is working on the car as much as I can doing everything I can. some of you have already seen my work.... ok my dads and my work... haha!

15. 3spd

3spd

You guys all rock! I'm 17 and I wish my parents would have introduced me to the rod culture. Too bad they don't even know what a hot rod is, they think cars are strictly for transportation.

I'm a little late in the game but I spend much of my time in school drawing rods pinstriping my notes.

Awesome thread,
    Ryland

16. BinderRod

BinderRod

Here is my horn honkin Grand Daughter. She loves loud cars and four wheeler rides
    [​IMG]

17. Hooligansince65

Hooligansince65
    from Chicago

Looks like a shag.

18. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

HAHA what else are you going to do with your notes? haha

19. 3 yr old twin boys in the shop truck:

[​IMG]

And one of them in "his" t-bird:

[​IMG]

They're already turning wrenches and good luck dragging them outta the car at supper time!

20. RocketSled

RocketSled

Shoot, son, you're just gettin' STARTED. I didn't get bit til I was 26.

More on topic: I didn't wash the windows on the hotrod for 5 years cuz they had toddlerprints all over them.

Sat in the passenger seat for the first time in awhile and it was ALL the way up and ALL the way forward. All the better for the kids to see out.

This was taken awhile ago:
    [​IMG]

21. mottsrods

mottsrods

My son has claimed this one for himself. After helping me rebuild the carb, put new wires, plugs, and dizzy cap, and changing the oil......he says he's "earned" it. He says he wants to build it into a 'rig rod'. By the way, he's only 6, and he can lay a mean bead with the mig, but he whines at the pheumatic DA sander cause it shakes so much. So he uses the electric one. Pictures are worth a thousand words....and many many more memories.....................................
    [​IMG]

22. [​IMG]
    im in ! my youngest daughter and im pretty sure shes gonna dig this car thang!!

23. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Diggin' the original drawing, Breeder. Also digging the other shots. Mine are grown, but I guess I will have to pull out some pics!

24. charkol

charkol

my girl brought home a picture of the family from kindergarden last year that included a flying eyeball the boy runs around brake checking everything just started making airbrake sounds at the drive through with me:D car shows arent the same without the kids

Breeder: EARLY sat art show..anyone else?? hell ya that would be cool

25. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Yeah, kids do ROCK. Here's my son John after his first Jr. Dragster win last year at E'town at 9 years old. He won another this year and finished 4th in the points for the season and earned his first Raceway Park Jacket. He went to his first race at 3 months old. Has been my racing and hot rod partner ever since. Only 7 more years before I can cut him loose in the Gasser.:D My daughter Grace, 7 years old, also is a great big help in the garage but doesn't really like going to the races. She's not to fond of the noise.

Attached Files:

26. My son is two and a half and loves our rides. His favorite isnt exactly hamb friendly a stock 54 nash statesman but he loves have the seats lay down into a bed and he can play inside that thing for hours while im working on other cars out in the garage.

Heres my question to everyone else with kids or your self. Is there a car you can't get rid off because it would break your childs heart if u did. Or did ur parents ever sell a car that broke ur heart as a child?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  27. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Something tells me he's into hot rods too!!

Attached Files:

28. Mootz

Mootz

I walked around the corner and saw this. Probably my proudest moment to date:
    [​IMG]

29. charkol

charkol

oh my daughter hated me for weeks when I got rid of my o/t truck to get a 50 fleetline when i got rid of it she thought we were getting the truck back i still get the ol' ya know dad I really miss your truck

30. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

This is a cool old thread!last week i was moving a motor on my side yard,my son who is three wanted to help.i told him to jack up the motor with the picker,he did and when we got it high enough to set on the dolly i told him to pusH the rod to drop the motor he did perfectly,but i was watching him more than what i was doin and the motor shifted on the chain,leaking some oil out onto the ground.before i could speak my son runs back into the garage and grabs my oil pan,runs back out and throws it under the motor catching the oil!!!!!then proceeds to say "dad you were not paying attention!"i am so proud right now i couldnt even speak!!!!