Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coolest Letter EVER!......... UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, Nov 3, 2004.

1. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

So I've finally sat down and wrote Cory back. I know I should have done it sooner, but I wanted to make sure I took the time to think it out and make it specail. I think he will be happy. I sent him some Bleed Junk and a MFS Dvd so it should be cool.

It's funny though, the fact that his teacher is going to read it made me nervous. I haven't felt that way since I was in school.
    I HATED school. Haha

That teachers gonna fail me.

The worst part is, Cory has WAY better hand writing than me........ HaHaHa I hope he can read it! I was going to type it out, but a hand written letter is always cooler.

I'm gonna try to set it up that me and Jaker and some of the Cheaters(I wonder if it's a good idea to take the Cheaters to a grade school?) take a few cars to the school to show his class. It should rule. I'll take pics.

Anyway, Cory's dad Damion stopped in the shop a week or so ago. He told me caught wind of the first time I posted the letter on the HAMB. Someone he knew saw it and told him where to find it.

At first I was woried that he might be angry, but he said he was completly blown away by the response it had! It seems you HAMB fags have a heart. HaHa

Damion said that everytime he brings home some steel or scrap metal for a project, Cory and his brother take it before he can use it. He said they are always cutting up stuff and welding it to their bikes.
    The real ruler is Cory's dad, for turning him onto this Hot Rod stuff in the first place.

He also said that Cory's learning disabilty isn't so much of a disabilty. He's just a kid who get's sidetracked easily and has problems focusing, unless it's related to Hot Rods.

Seems I have the same problem........................

Damion gave the OK to some of you who wanted to send letters of your own, or magazines and stuff to Cory. He thinks it's pretty neat actually. I think it's AWSOME.

So have at it. I think it would be really neat for a bunch of guys to
    "show this kid the way."

It's not like he's needy, or some kind of charity thing, it's just an opportunity for some older guys to help inspire a kid.

His address is.

Cory Campbell
    S.67 W. 29633 HWY I
    Mukwanago WI 53149

So anyway if you feel like it, send him something cool.

Thanks, Bob

Here's the letter for those who diddn't see it.

Click the thumbnails.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. slammed

slammed

Between this kid and 'Buzz' (R.I.P.) the Big Guy upstair's may be giving you a hint at inspiring people. Good beget's Good!

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I love this whole thing. This kid is so gonna dig it.....

4. [ QUOTE ]
    His address is.

Cory Campbell
    S.67 W. 29633 HWY I
    Mukwanago WI 53149

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob..., Mukwanogo should be spelled "Mukwonago"...!

You get a "C" for spelling and an "A" for heart...!

5. jerry

jerry

this is one of the coolest that has ever happened on here. congrats to you bob for taking the time .

jerry

6. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I cant wait to go back to school!!!

7. lownslow

lownslow

bob ,
    you are a ruler !!!!!!!!!!!!........i am sending you a pm ......hit me back when ya get it .......later, donnie

8. yeaaaah!!!! I can't wait to go to skool too. Remember what we used to do in grade skool Chris... Bob you will love it!!!! So will Cory. The teachers might not though...or the priciple....or....the parents...and maybe even the city the skool is in may not like it... But it will be fun.

9. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

You're the shit man...

So... do you think a shirt that says "get lit" on the back would torque his dad off too much? [​IMG]

M-

10. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

HaHa Can't wait.

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Great stuff Bobbleed. You take them hot rods to the school and show those children some real cars, maybe even take some shots of what you started with to end up with your cool rides. I will send a 'Whodaky' off to young Cory in the next few days.
    Yup this is why I like the HAMB so much, humanity at it's finest!!! Geoff aka Whodaky

12. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Hope a medium will work... only thing i have smaller is a chick shirt [​IMG]

I'll get it out tomorrow... Anyone else want to follow Bob's lead?

13. hey bob...... your secret is safe w/us... we won't tell a soul whata good guy ya really are...joe

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

BTT, cool Bob.

Watch those Cheaters. When they say "an ass like a 10 year old boy", they mean it!

15. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

this is awesome. way to go man.

16. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Bob, I'll send him some mags and stuff this weekend. Be sure to protect him from the Cheaters!

17. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

The Cheaters will change this kids life. HaHa

I'm no ruler or anything close.
    I'm just a Punk with a hot rod and a guitar.......

Thanks for the response guys. This kid will be blown away.

You can't underestimate the power of the written word.

18. FONZI

FONZI

VERY COOL!

FONZI

19. Psycho78

Psycho78
    from EXP, CA

FUCKING "A" ...That's real cool Bob.

20. smalltownspeed

smalltownspeed

Damn that really is bad ass.. I wish I had somethin like that when I was in school... Oh, BTW, My name is Cory and I do have a "Learning Disability" that made my life in elemntry school hell... Oh well... Ill send a few of the MOON stickers Ive got in the classifieds to the kid... I love seein shit like this..

Cory

21. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel
    from Lavon, Tx

Bob, You are my new hero!! I wish there had been someone like you around when I was that age! You rule man [​IMG]

22. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

You sent him a MFS DVD? .... Awwe crappp now all his attention will be on
    Pin Up girls and Donuts in the parking lot...and will be scared for life when the Pizz tells the Crap Ed Roth story...

Why don't you post your response to him??? I would like to compare wrighting skills....HAHAHAHHHA!!!

evel

23. Awesome job Bob. I work with kids at a junior high and you cannot believe the positive influence you can have on a child's future. Some of the little things you take for granted are forming the the ideas and futures of these growing minds. Keep up the great work, it will come back to you 10 fold!!!

24. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

My response is between me and him.

I remember when I was 10 there was a clubhouse that these older guys had. They must have been in 13 or 14, anyway they had a HUGE stash of Playboys in there. Me and this kid named Sean would break in there all the time to check it out.

One time, the older guys showed up and we had to make a get away. I got away, but Sean got beat up. A kid will risk a bunch to look at a naked girl...... Haha

Those Pinups will just get his BLOOD flowing.........

25. LIMEY

LIMEY

I remember when i was 10 i found a stash of girlie mags, & i thought it would be funny to stuff them into a parked car with the window open.....what was i thinking.....too busy looking at the pics i guess! it was a damn cop car [​IMG]
    got my first ride home with the law & had to explain to my dad who dragged me in by my ear.
    Cool stuff you are doing for the kid, ya have to admire that!

26. swazzie

swazzie

btt Fuckin ay BOB that rocks.Really nice of you. When I was twelve I . . I . I'm not tellin you dirty bastards anything . nevermind . Good job Bob ! swaZZie

27. Bob- thats cool, that you are takin the time to respond and show up at the school of this kid...
    I ADMIRE ....YOU.... for that man.........
    Kenny

28. CRAP

CRAP

I'm going to send him a metal so-cal speed shop emblem he could use it as a keychain in six years. He sounds alot like me when I was a kid. You are a good man Bob.

29. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Thats really cool Bob.

Jonney

30. Gonna drop a few picture's in the mail to him in the next few days, will be the least we can do. [​IMG]

Dave