Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Chrome Czars and the Hunnert Car Pileup #8

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Oct 14, 2009.

1. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

I love the Pileup. I can only make it to a few shows a year and this is one I WILL NOT miss. I got up at 6:26 (good thing someone text me! My alarm didn't go off. I was going to get up at 5:45!) and was at the fairgrounds at 7:05am. This is KEY to getting a great spot and not missing anything! Gates open at 9am and even spectators start lining up at 5! It's nuts... but it really shows the dedication everyone has for the pileup and the respect they have for the Czars. I wish we could just turn people away for being douch-ey... can that be added as criteria? If you can't have fun, turn around.

I didnt leave til about 6pm and we kept goin' til 1am. This is how you do it folks. The pileup is the 8th wonder of the world. Seriously Czars, keep up the great work and don't let some jerks bring you down. I am also proud to be a member of the Red Shirt Army. Wouldn't miss that either!

2. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

Well i got a major complaint..... why you making me wait a whole year to get another red shirt?.

just kiddin. we had a great weekend, even pulled a double shift. and will add our support for years to come. just say the word.

thank you, to everyone who made it possible.

george

3. shortbed65

shortbed65
    from ne Ill

Great show - my second - I feel fortunate to live so close to this spectacle
    Wish there's another opportunity to buy my t-shirt as they were sold out !

4. Love You guys! .........Group HUGS.....lol Keep up the good work! Your better then me, if someone would have spit on me, they would have been spitting teeth, or i would have fiddy sit on'em an drop a big ol stinky in their face ! Thanks to all that made it a great event ! .... Oh ya ,I think spectators should pay 20 bucks each ....hehehe

5. LONG LIVE THE PILEUP!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there and volunteer next year no matter what you guys decide to do. Thanks for a great show!!!!!!!!

6. This was my third pile-up, the first the I actually drove to. I was stoked about just being there. Hanging out downtown and everything about the pile-up is what makes it great, and even as just a car show its really good. It sucks that people couldn't get in, and it also sucks that grundy is full, I love that place. It could always be worse though.

The quality of cars is one thing that is all perspective. If you look down on a lot of cars, than there is a lot of trash. Overall I think the car quality was up, a lot, as time would dictate.

The people is what makes this show great, if it weren't for meeting new people, hanging out with people you've already met. Everyone is laid back, and is headed towards the same destination: a fun relaxing time. There are times to get bent out of shape, but not when there are thousands of people with 1400 tradtional rods and customs hanging out in 40 degree weather.

7. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

We had the BEST TIME EVER! Proud to be a red shirt'r...will do it again next year...GREAT JOB to everyone in the CC.

8. Brandi

Brandi

This was my 2nd Pile-Up, flying in as a spectator. I've been to events all over the country and the cars and people at this make it hands down, one of the very best.

I'm looking forward to next year already... hopefully, I'll be rolling in my Impala.

9. Gerg

Gerg

I had a fucking blast next year i hope to bring a car to the show the ugly rambler wagoon Always a blast to hang out with the Czars and my homeslice Catherine.

10. Pinewood

Pinewood

I've been to every Pileup and it's amazing to see how big it's got. How the Czars and their volunteers pull it off is awesome!

Seriously though. Why not consider making the show invitational? That will allow the Czars to A control the quality before hand and B have a better count of how many cars are preparing to enter. It's much easier to deny cars over an e-mail...

Second, find a place to park and shuttle spectators in. It's the only way to manage mass amounts of people that come to an event. Then charge to park in the immediate parking lot which will force people to use the free shuttle service. Not like there isn't plenty of farm fields around there! Ha!

Last, I think it would be a bad idea to raise the admission cost. That would only hurt vendors who allot of them make their income off this hobby. Plus think of the number of pissed off people that throw a fit at the front gate once they realized there was a price increase.

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

2 words joe,,,,, WAYLAND MISSOURI!!!!!:D hahahah...you couldnt fit all your vendors there, let alone the cars and people!!!!!:eek: im amazed at how smooth it looked llike it was running! absolute controlled madness!!!
    outstanding job as always! no matter what happens, you can always count on the reed's, the kropdusters, and us volunteering our time!!!!
    much love to the czars and catherine!!!!

12. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

VIVA LA PILEUP!!! This year was my 6th Pileup and I'm fast becoming a HUGE fan of the Chrome Czars, Catherine, & the fabled red shirts! There are improvements to be made, and I respect the fact that, not surprisingly, you've had the the dignity to address the issues;...both negative AND positive. No one in their right mind can honestly expect you folks to be perfect! I had a few hassles with my hotrod this year, but, over all, it was another great time at a GREAT Event! I have a ton of faith in your Club Member's ability to to make the necessary adjustments and changes for the future. The Pileup is the one Event of the year that I REFUSE to miss! I'll WALK the 100+ miles to get there if I have to! By and large, you've done a good job of providing us hotrodders with a very special event, and I believe the vast majority both know that and appreciate it as well. I also tip my hat to you and yours for the wonderful effort you've made to raise as much money as you have for Charity. Best of luck to all of you in the future. I know I can email various members of the Chrome Czars and propose ideas to improve the event, and I will. Hats off again to those who deserve recognition for a job well done! Semper Gratis!!!!!!!!

13. dwayne buda

dwayne buda
    from Lapeer MI.

love it or leave it ,i for one just so happen to love it ,absolutely the best show in our area ,if you had a bad time ,you only have yourself to blame ,i am a volunteer and will continue to volunteer as long as this show is around catherine and the czars just so happen to be some of the best people anyone could ever meet ,so we had a little population problem ,i for one did not run into any mean people ,i hope that the ones that were mean can step up and apologize to the ones they were mean to ,and stay away if the do not change there ways thankyou catherine and the chrome czars for allowing me to be a small part in the Hunnert Car Pileup ,i am already looking forward to next years event .yours truly A--Hole

14. I've only been to 1 Hunnert but it was great. I was not able to make it this year due to health issues BUT I will be there next year. Whether I get in with my truck or not, who cares. I will be there.
    One thing I think needs to be said is, this show did not grow like it has because of bad judgement. The CZARS and DW are with out a doubt the best organizers around or this deal would not happen. I feel sure that the right decisions will be made to make the Hunnert better than ever next year. They bust their asses so that charities can benefit. Hats off to them.
    I am looking forward to driving my truck the 500 miles there again next year. If able, I would like to be a red shirter also.
    Later,
    Dick

15. 8-Ball

8-Ball

Looks like another successful pile-up. Does anybody know the head count and car count, Have heard a lot of guesses but no one from the czars has said yet, or if they did i missed it and i have been reading all the posts. I will have my 35 there next year. It is a true 50s Hot Rod. 8-Ball

16. 38pickup

38pickup

I had a great time at the pileup this year, and will continue to volunteer as long as there is a pileup! Great job everyone!

17. noodle9000

noodle9000

Had a great time at the pileup. Someone will always complain and expect you to make it right for them, instead of making it right for themselves. Red-Shirting was fun. It's always interesting seeing how entitled some people think they are when parking their car. Looking forward to next year.

18. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Thank you guys for putting on the best show I've ever been to! Don't let the nay-sayers get you down.

19. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Yep best show to date keep up the good work guys

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so what is up with everyone saying they have to wait til next year?

Dont forget the Hunnert Heads Up! May 8

http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/headsup

the week before that is the Torque Fest May 1 (this one has a SWAP meet)

www.vintagetorquefest.com

and then 2 weeks AFTER the hunnert heads up - Rust Revival

http://www.rustrevival.com/ May 21 22

and the week after that is Beatersville
    http://www.beatersville.com/

all this in the merry month of May

not even sure what is going on in June - but I am sure it will be crazy as well

21. As a proud member of the Red Shirt Army Id like to thank the Chrome Czars and Catherine on such success with an outstanding show. This show has grown to be a memorable not-to-miss event for all. From the Pre-show entertainment to the Post-show entertainment we all count down the days every year. All the hard work, time, and effort put into every HCPU is never overlooked! Its only those that havent had the opportunity to actually hold a show that dont realize whats entailed. Tremendous kudos to all that took part in the largest HCPU ever! I cant wait for next year, and will be DAMN proud to wear a red shirt again! Thanks!

22. ...June 12th, 2010...the "Scrap Drive"
    show & swap in Belvidere, Illinois

23. fireball350

fireball350

Myself, Ratcamino, Flatlander and another drove 11 hours, got in fine and had a great time. We are planning on a return trip next year. I hope everything gets worked out.

24. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

we should have a special club for those of us that have been to every showing. lol sounds like there have been a few of us. how many where there the first year again??? boy has it come a long way since then... it was indeed a stressful place to be in outside parking. thanks again, by the way, for making me shift leader CATHERINE!! LOL just glad we all survived!! i know how aggrivated i was when it took me 45 minutes to go a mile and a half so i was a little understanding of some of the attitude that was thrown our way...

...CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!

25. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I want to thank the czars for a good time.

26. charkol

charkol

i would to thank like the Czars and the red shirt army we had a blast ... and as for the traffic jam when was the last time you were stuck in a jam as cool as that one

27. Shameless plug.....Don't forget about the Iola Old Car Show.

Oh wait, is that the one everyone is talking about.

Maybe it was Cheaterama?

Oh hell, I can't remember. Just go to the Head's Up, Rust Revival, Vintage Torque Fest and you may see flyers for other cool shows there.

We can all talk about how much fun the Pileup is there.

Something I NEVER expected. I had three different people come up to me on Sat and said they came to the pileup because I/we/someone told them about it at the Shakedown or they got a flyer for it there. You guys don't know how much that meant to me that I was able to help your show grow after all everyone has done for me. THANK YOU!!!

28. Well, it was my 4th year as a volunteer and 5th as a spectator. Every year it gets a little better for me as I get to know more of the folks involved in running it as well as fellow HAMBers. I swear next year I will have my Rambler there in non-stock form.

I worked inside parking 9-11AM shift and all in all I thought it went very smoothly. So smoothly I had NO idea how big the attendance was for cars, let alone the foot traffic. Sure, some growing pains reared their heads but I've faith in the Chrome Czars that thoughtful reflection and foresight will prevail.

I'm looking forward to next year already and again I'll don a Red Shirt and join that Army!!

29. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Well I have heard so much on this & I can't believe that some people spit on the volunteers & called them motherf***ers.I'm just glad that the Red Shirt Army had the cool not to put themselfs into that type of mentality. It was a hell of a show.

I can see the police trying to keep traffic flowing. Just think if you had a love one waiting for the Ambulance & it couldn't get through because of the backup. I think the Czars did a hell of a job & let the threads go back to helping each other, instead of this pissing contest.

30. we1031

we1031

Viva hunnert car pileup!
    Thanks to catherine and the czars!