Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barns are flammable *Beware, sad pics*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inkundone, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

inkundone, it's never nice to take a bad experience and turn it into a lesson, but this is an example of what everyone should do ...

"go get your insurance policy (building and contents) and make sure your covered!"

Most garage / storage buildings DO NOT include vehicle coverage.
    I'm sorry for your loss, it will be hard to replace everything.

2. inkundone

inkundone

Correct, the insurance guy says the 40' isnt covered.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Only vehicles used to maintain your property like a riding lawn mower or tractor are covered by your homeowners insurance. Cars need to be covered under automobile insurance.

4. rusted_nut

rusted_nut
    from Arkansas

My brother burned down one of my barns, full of nos flathead parts, model A and T parts, etc. It also caught five vehicles on fire that were around the barn including a one owner 65 Ford pickup and a 5.0 Capri that got so hot it melted the valve covers. I'm sorry it happened to someone else too.

5. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

My Worst fear!!! Very sad

6. Yeah, that's really going to make her want to marry him again. Bring back drawing and quartering as punishment for shit like this.

7. i hope they catch the bastards who did it,damn sad to see

8. pcterm2

pcterm2

man that is so wrong-hope they nail the SOBs

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That barn looks like it may have been a very nice historical building and the cars and parts, oh boy! So sorry for your loss.

We felt the same way when our rental building was burglarized years ago and we lost all the brass, copper and aluminum that was in there. Thank God they didn't just beat our cars to pieces. And YES, that brass, copper, and aluminum was old Ford radiators, heads, intakes, in-out box, quickie center section, fuel blocks, air cleaners, and old Chevrolet valve covers, intakes, etc.
    The cars that weren't vandalized included a 51 Ford convertible, a 32 3W Coupe, a 28-29 A Roadster Pickup, a 40 DeLuxe Tudor and a chopped, channeled, full-fendered 34 Tudor.

10. big creep

big creep

pay back is a bitch! find him and set him on fire!

11. DMC

DMC
    from SC

That makes me sick to my stomach. I had to go check on my 39 after seeing that. Damn...:(

12. mrdodge

mrdodge

Man that sucks. Looks like it would have been an impressive building before... Hope the twat gets his big time !!

13. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

That really sucks, sorry for the loss. I hope they get the f**ckers. Maybe the cops are rodders also and will give you 15 minutes with the guys and look the other way. Looks like it was an impresive barn prior to the fire.

14. doctorZ

doctorZ

That is horrible. I had a house fire a few years ago and that was horrible. This is just horrendous.

15. lowburban

lowburban

Man that sucks!!! A good friend had a former employee burn down his building with 6 really nice rods. They caught him at least.

16. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

WTF is wrong with people. Sorry.

17. holy shit man! im hoping they catch the shitbag!

18. VonBurke

VonBurke

if they catch them, let us all know.

ill be sharpening my knifes

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

First, I'm glad no one was hurt. Second, I truly hope you catch the a-holes who did this.

20. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

I hope the catch who ever did this!!!
    The body shop i was working at around 1980 burned to the ground on a friday night.A few days after a kid up the street said he was riding his bike and saw a x employee leaving around 9pm,he said he was locking the door and said hello to him.The guy was arrested with paint guns and air tools from the shop in his car.At his trial he got off with a big shot lawyer saying he bought the stuff from someone at a bar.it was a jury trial.The kid was 12 years old they took a statement but it was never used at trial,even though that is what made them check the guy out and found the tools with numbers matching items taken from the body shop....

(So like i said i hope they find your guy or guys,fire sucks big time!)

Steve

21. BigChief

BigChief

Disc brakes and a rearend swap do not make it a street rod......

22. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

If I had an extra 39/40 Coupe right now,I would gladly give it to this guy.

23. Muttley

Muttley

Jail is too good for the person who did that, they need to be punished the old fashioned way.

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Of all the animals on this planet, only people can be this awful...If you can find a silver lining in this, you're a bigger man than me..

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

26. That's 35 different ways of fucked up!

I lost my shop and everything in it to a tornado six years ago, believe me, I know the feeling!

Natural disasters hurt a lot. To know or suspect that someone intentionally did that shit is just mind-boggling. Some people's friggin' kids...!

27. jeez...I am so sorry for your buddy...

I think a structure fire is my worst fear, way ahead of a collision...worse than having stuff stolen in my opinion. Thoughtless distruction is the lowest of all property crimes...

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

it would be best for him if the cops put him in prison for the rest of his life...because if that were me he did that to, he would be wishin he was surrounded by cops in protective custody.

29. 59 brook

59 brook

i 'm sorry for your loss maybe it is a good time for everyone to think about installing fire sprinklers in your garage to avoid an unhappy scene such as this

30. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell