Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Chrome Czars and the Hunnert Car Pileup #8

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Oct 14, 2009.

1. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Thanks much, had a great time. Don't let negative comments get you down, what your doing your doing right, hence the big turnout. You can't please everyone and it's OK to be early, which got us in the gate in a timely manner. Thanks to everyone involved. Also looking forward to #9.

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

If there was only a way to detect these derelicts before you let them in the gate. Pure ignorance there...

3. As a spectator since Pile Up #2, all I can say is "THANK YOU" all, for providing me with the best damn good time a guy can have on a October weekend! Any weekend for that matter!

My heart felt thanks to the Chrome Czars, Catherine and the Red Shirt Army, the Carclubs and all the friends I have when I'm there.

Truly a "dream come true" carshow...

Joel

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Thanks for setting the record straight!!

I for one am ready and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure this show continues!!!

I'd give my 2 cents but with inflation its not worth hearing anyway. No complaints from me!

5. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

This was my third pileup and First with a car, and it is hands down my favorite show. A couple of buddies and me have already decided to volunteer next year. I can't put it into words how cool and special the show is, even though it's grown bigger then Godzilla, keep it going it's an amazing weekend!

HPCU for EVER!

6. Vinny of Destruction

Vinny of Destruction
    from wisconsin

I said it before Ill say it again, Hands down, the best show in the midwest !!!!!
    Keep up the good work guys !! I allready cant wait till the next one !!!

7. lilclay81

lilclay81
    from illinois

I think the show was amazing been going there for six years straight. Never been disappointed. The cars the people everything is awesome. You guys and the red army did a hell of a job.

8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

A big "thanks" goes out to the Chrome Czars for thier hospitality and for putting on a great show again this year. The Suedes were happy to show up in force to volunteer and we will continue to do so in the future-wherever and whenever the show may be held.

A personal thanks goes to Joe for giving me a ride back to the hotel Saturday night in his bitchin' '59. The Czars are first-class!

9. RacerRick

RacerRick

I had a good time at the pileup, but I saw some of the problems described above.

I think the Pileup has just outgrown its current Venue, and that someplace bigger might be needed for the future. Morris is great, but I came up I80 at about noon and there was a two mile long line just for the turnoff to the pileup!

10. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

My only complaints are (1) the weather, (2) the fact that I didn't get to the meet and greet to meet anyone due to there being so much to look at. This was my 4th
    Pileup, had a blast as always!!! Keep up the good work and don't let the negativity get you down!!

11. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

This was the sixth time my wife and I have been to the Pileup, never as participants but I love riding my bike up there ,although it didn't happen this year. I dig the show and I would gladly pay $20.00 per head to attend.Hope to have the wife's bike up for next years show as it's more traditional than mine. Maybe we can finally be participants rather than spectators. Keep up the great work!

12. mtrhd

mtrhd

Thanks to all the Czars and the Red Shirt volunteers! This is the best show. Too much of a good thing! How about Route 66 or the Sandwich Fairgrounds? Regardless, the cars, the scene, the vendors, the people, the vibe, it's the best. See you next year, and I hope I can swing a shift with the Red Shirts.

13. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Just want to say thank you. I have always had a great time, I took a break this year and did not volunteer my mind is amiss.. I will be back next year to help. Its a tremndous undertaking. Again thank you.

14. rooman

rooman

This was only my third Pileup (sometimes racing gets in the way) but as usual I had a great time. I agree that the event may have outgrown the venue but the trouble is that the venue is part of the attraction of the event. Dust last year, mud this time around and nobody cares that their cars don't look like that have just been unwrapped out of their cotton wool cocoon like a large number of the attendees at some of the "regular" events.
    I am definitely not big on the truck cab so called rat rods but there are so many cars that fit my idea of a hot rod or custom that I have no trouble ignoring the ones that I don't like. Lots of vendors with stuff that you actually want to buy and reasonably priced food and drinks are also a plus.
    All in all the pileup is one event that I look forward to attending and I would like to see it continue.

Roo

15. RichG

RichG

Sorry to hear about the haybags and bo-bo's giving you so much grief. From the pics I've seen you guys throw a hell of a good show! Don't let the losers get you down!

16. Barz51

Barz51

This was my first year at the Pileup and I loved it! I got to meet Norwell and Weesner, saw a bunch of bichen cars, and I had a blast at the Red Cent.

Problem is...
    I've been in a funk all week, I can't wait for next year!

17. Ebert

Ebert

I feel guilty as hell even making this post as I unfortunately had tho miss this year's Pileup due to work. Been to six Pileups, and it is simply the best damn car weekend I go to. Like a few others, I am lucky to get to go to a bunch of different car shows and racing events around the country each year and it is the BEST damn event EVER in my book.

I have never been to any car event that has as many cool, gracious and interesting people as the Pileups I have attended. Every year, I get to meet so many damn cool people that have now become friends. LIke everyone here, I am gearhead and while I love to see the interesting stuff every year, it is about the PEOPLE for me.

The Czars are the best, DW and the Red Shirts are the best and we can bet our asses that they will figure it out!!! They always have!!!

Looking forward to the 2010 Pileup!!!

Ebert

18. Greaseballs

Greaseballs

Chrome Czars and Catherine,
    Thank you….thank you…thank you for taking the time and giving us a dignified response to this year’s event. By not slinging the parking lot mud back that was thrown at us (I proudly wore a red shirt again this year) shows what you guys are made of. It also is part of the answer to why this show has gained the success that it has.
    <O:p</O:p
    I saw first hand what this year&#8217;s show took out of you guys&#8230;.it was definitely more draining than any of the past shows. What started out as a small party 8 years ago turned into a big headache this year. So your dark thoughts on HCPU #9 are understandable. But know this&#8230;..some of us Red Shirts take our Army seriously and are here to serve and back you guys up for the next 361 days as well as show day 2010. I also hope that time and perspective will give us the opportunity to see this year&#8217;s show as a (too) big success with some small problems thrown in that we learned from and overcame. To put that last sentence another way&#8230;..tragedy plus time equals comedy!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  19. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Had a great time, you guys put on a great show.
    Thanks

20. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

The Czars and DW rock. Not my best year at the Pileup but I still managed to get the most out of it.

Already can't wait for next year.

21. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

My only complaint is with Catherine. I didn't get that boob hug I was promissed. :rolleyes:

22. blackjack21

blackjack21
    from Denver, CO

Amazing show. Thank you so much for all of the effort and time spent. I've been coming from Colorado and meeting my father there for a bunch of year's now. It's something we look forward to every year! Nothing that happened was in your control, Except for one thing. You've been putting on one of the best car shows in the world and too many people found out about it.

Thanks again, Tyler and Nick Hardie

23. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

I just got a regular this year. If its warmer next yer, I expect one. I always leave feeling like I should have done more than my 2 hours.

24. Chris 50

Chris 50

Chrome Czars... Thanks for all the work that you put into this show year in and year out. I've been to everyone, and as a volunteer, I feel fortunate just to be a part of the show. It's funny how for me, meeting new friends, catching up with folks you haven't seen in a while, and hanging around my buds has made the cars themselves almost secondary... except for that Weezner truck.....did you f@$)&in' SEE that thing?

25. fornikate

fornikate

I just wanted to thank you for another fun year, and I'm sorry things got a little nuts!

26. AngRi

AngRi

Huge Thanks to Czars, Catherine and the rest of the Red Shirts to put on again the best show on the planet! Had an awesome time as always, both volunteering and just attending the show.

I've been in all except the first and these shows have had an huge positive impact on my life. It is one of the biggest highlights of the year and huge source for inspiration.

27. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

From this Red Shirt to the club and DW...Whatever you decide to do in the future, it will be right. I look forward to helping next year and for as many as you decide to do.
    Thanks for a great show....

28. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

:cool: :cool: No matter what you do somebody is going to complain, the weather was not the best but hey guess what .. we drove 350 miles one way, got there early for the red shirt meeting and stayed late to avoid the mass exit, froze our butts, had fun and will happily come back and do it all again in 2010!!!
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR AN AWESOME COOLER THAN SHIT WEEKEND!!!

29. ChetHill

ChetHill
    from Milan Mi.

Thanks for the great time , I was a red shirter on inside parking and did not relize all the chaos was going on outside , I think maybe its time for a bigger venue , PLEASE keep having the show !!!! and all the whiners just stay home next time
    thanks again !!!

Chet,

30. The only complaint is there are too many complainers. I saw a lot of positive things this year. Keep up the good work!

WE WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH $$ GOES TO CHARITY THIS YEAR... Come on guys, Tell the portajohn guy to send you his bill, count your beans and let us know!! Are you up to a Million $$s yet?

Did I miss it somewhere, did you release a spectator and car count yet?