Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many of you have creature comforts in your car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spook498, Oct 13, 2009.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Windows roll down and windshield swings open. That's for the hot days.
    Windows roll up and windshield swings shut. Thats for the cold days.
    CD player, a gift from the wife (not hooked up). That because I can't hear.:(

Frank

2. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

<<< c'mon man! it wouldn't be a caddy without all the bells and whistles! but then again the 'ol IHC got a cowl vent and mexican blanket seat cover! that pretty much evens it out!

3. squirrel

squirrel

I would consider overdrive to be a comfort, if I had it....

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seat, go pedal, stop pedal, change gear pedal and stick for paddling through the 4 speed, seat belt and a door handle to get out.

5. BullyDog

BullyDog
    from Atlanta GA

Inside door handles? what a cool idea....I might have to build some of them.

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah I thought so, you see I need comforts these days I think I'm getting old.

I guess I better add myself to the 'creature' side, I'm not comfortable and so far no one has been able to tell me just what sort of creature I am.....

7. BullyDog

BullyDog
    from Atlanta GA

I know what your saying...my age is 54...but my body feels 94. I worked on a "super stretched" Limo yesterday...yeah it didn't fit on a lift so it was a flatback job...I can't move today due to I woke up muscles I haven't used in years!!

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

installed a butt plug in the passenger seat instead of a seat belt.

9. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Shoot, she runs (most of the time) and has headlights that work, thats about it.

10. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I might build inside door handles also....but I also need to build inside door panels. I got it running and have to much fun to stop and work on it. Anybody else have that problem?

11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Creature comforts? Mine consist of the shake, rattle and roll as we head on down the highway. My coupe is a real hot rod, not some old car disguised as a BMW or Mercedes.

Attached Files:

12. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

My roadster has a pretty good stereo for those long days on the road. My coupe and truck have stereos and climate control (heat and air) that sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. Recently, mostly doesn't. I've traveled with it working, and with it not; it's nicer when it works.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Depends on which ride for me.
    My '72 Chevy truck has heat, seatbelts, and a broken 8track. I like it like that.
    My wife's 50Burb has heated seats, pw, pb, dual A/C, dual heat, rearview camera, automatic trans, delay interior lights and headlights, probably more shit than I remember.
    My '29 Sedan will have heat. And seatbelts.

14. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

The only "creature comfort" my coupe has is that it "chirps the tires on every shift." That comforts me!

15. CARCUTTER

CARCUTTER
    from MASS

My merc has 700r4, pw,pwb,air/heat,pw steering the older i get the more of these I want.

16. Vorhese

Vorhese

Im pretty excited. I might have working wipers soon.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You and I must shop at the same store. :D
    My roll of duck tape is also used for climate control. It's amazing how much wind and chill can be kept out with a few pieces strategically placed.

5 minutes after taping my vent window on Sunday night on the way back from the Pileup I was actually able to take my gloves off.
    [​IMG]

Yeah, I know. Maybe we can figure something out this winter.
    I need to change out my headlight switch too. Oh and I forgot to tell you the dimmer switch was giving me trouble last weekend. Big Olds needs some loving attention. Let me know when his lift is free. :D:D:D

Good idea, thanks for sharing. I'll have to keep that in mind and look for some bullet caps thingies.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  18. oj

oj

I got a cup holder, she wears a poodle skirt.

19. I guess I'm too old for the hot rods, I prefer my custom. I've got my original radio refitted to am/fm/ipod stereo, factory AC, factory power windows and power seats. No heater though, I've got the core bypassed for now.

I admit I like my creatures to be comfortable.

20. I agree wipers are not a comfort thing however I ran a model A in portland Oregon for years using rain ex,even beat a no wipers ticket in washingtin state with it.however this "hardcore" thing is a joke the idea is to enjoy the car,I went thru this years ago when you had to ride a rigid to be considered a biker,and I have the lower back to prove it.If you can add things to make the ride more fun/comfortable do it......unless your car is a TT car......in other words all its good for is going tavern to tavern.JMO

21. kenny g

kenny g

I have a lot of creatures in my old car .
    They must be comfortable because Im
    haveing ahell of a job getting them out.

22. I've got a heater, radio and wind up windows. Don't play the radio much 'cause the 2/60 A/C makes too much noise.

23. Cirelli

Cirelli
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I have heat & air, CD player & electric windows in my Model A.

Attached Files:

24. LULL

LULL

49 CHEVY PU
    no air, no power steering, no heat, no wipers, no radio,...I want my old truck to feel like an old truck...plus it makes my daily driver (plain jane F-150) feel like a luxury car!

25. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

roflmao :)

26. Swifster

Swifster

I think creature comforts depend on the car. Upscale cars from the '50's offered just about anything in our newer cars, including A/C, power windows, cruise control, etc. On a '30's car, maayyyyybe A/C if you live in an extremely warm location. Upgrading the brakes would be fine. Tunes don't hurt either. Other than that, I wouldn't see the need. Oh, hide that shit too.

27. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Right now in the 60 apache. I kinda upgraded with a new wiring harness. Now I have a working key ignition. No more toggles and push button start.
    I have the necessary lights and brake lights. A decent seat that doesn't poke my ass and also allows me to look over the hood. The other one had a huge hole in it.
    I have also repaired the huge hole in the floor. So I guess I ttok out the manual air conditioning.

And wipers...we don't need no stinken wiperss...this is SOCAL

28. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Guess I'll have to install a cd player in the hot rod.Everybody complains about my yodelling!
    No heater,a/c or extra padding either.
    Might have to step up...

29. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

My daily has no creature comforts, and that really sucks.

I want my custom-call it a street rod if you want-to be nice to drive so eventually I'll put them all in.

I want it to be my new daily and fun to drive, not a chore like my truck.

30. RacerRick

RacerRick

I must be a pussy. The 55' Wagon is getting power steering and brakes, electric wipers heat, a decent radio, and some comfy seats. Not bad for a gasser!

It will still have a big engine, four speed, and 15x4, 15x10 cragars however.