Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many of you have creature comforts in your car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spook498, Oct 13, 2009.

1. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

The Edsel is the first car Ive had in awhile that actually has windows in both doors. Thats the high life.

2. BigChief

BigChief

When its done.....as far as creature comforts go.....my '48 tudor sedan is gonna be just as Henry intended it. Wipers, horn, heater/defrost, cowl vent, plenty of insulation, functional windows and tunes.

3. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

No radio, no heater and one vacuum wiper in my '50PU

marshs likes this.
  4. My Model A has door panels, kick panels, all the glass, and a rubber floor mat with underlay underneath it. All the gauges work except the speedo. Just picked up a heater for it, haven't installed it yet.
    No wipers, no muffler, no fenders, bias ply tires and my girlfriend hates riding in it!!

The Edsel has full interior, a cheap cd player with two 6" speakers and did have heat until the heater core started leaking. It will be fixed though. In Alberta you sometimes need a heater in the middle of July! No wipers, their there, but they don't work. Manual steering and brakes, bias ply tires, open lake pipes.

And my 94 F-350 has a remote car starter, power windows, AC, damn good heater, a 12volt mini fridge built into the center console and everything works!!!!

5. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

We don't worry as much about heat as A/C in AZ. i don't have that either.

I can tilt my windshield out and roll the door glass down in the summer, so that's about it on creature comforts in my '29 Coupe. No tunes either.

My creature comforts: headlights, brake/running light, electric starter ;-)

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I didn't have heat, A/C, or a radio. Engine noise is all the comfort I need.

7. S.F.

S.F.

I have a fire wall, seat, and a windshield

8. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Manual steering..manual brakes..4spd. No top..no side curtains..no wipers. No heat..no AC..no radio.
    I did put a cell phone holder and a plastic cigar ashtray from a dollar store sits between the seats..

I have windscreen..seats..carpet..wheel....clock..a jacket..or tee shirt..and a hat for my bald head..

So..I'm all set

9. Joe King

Joe King

cup holder but some people call it a roll of duct tape

10. ray

ray
    from colorado

you are hardcore HRLC.

paint, chrome, interior, etc. before a heater is the definition of hardcore.

it's getting chilly here in colorado, time to install the lexan side windows and heater. i use a $20 junkyard heater from an old ford truck, bungee cord it up under the dash, two hoses and two wires and i got good enough heat to drive in comfort in winter.

11. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Being here in Phoenix like a previous post stated A/C is a necessary, so when I ran across this deal in the pic for $50 I snatched it up.My '54 has a 302 and AOD so getting the mount kit won't be hard to come by and I can cruise in comfort.I have the interior mostly gutted so insulation is also on the way.

Attached Files:

12. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Yeah, I'm a pussy........I've got manual steering and brakes (but disc up front), but I've also got a good radio, and heat and AC on my 61 Dodge Kustom. I like to drive my car FAR, and I want some comforts.
    I also like to work on my cars...and know how to put good stuf into them, not drink beer while watching TV every night!
    Hell, my 55 Olds, built in '81, had P seats, PS, PB, P windows, heat/AC, tilt/tele, AM/FM cassette, CB radio, AND cruise control!

13. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I have a heater that plugs into the lighter socket...and windows that velcro in thats about all.

14. I have a heater/defroster. Sometimes I have the Mrs in there. Now that's a creature comfort.

15. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

So let me see if I've got this "hardcore" thing straight.
    The more discomfort you are willing to endure, the more "hardcore" you are?
    So by that rational, if someone were to have nothing but a bed of nails for a seat in their car then their "hardcore" factor would be pretty high huh? But on the other hand, because I have shit that works, makes my car safer to drive and more comfortable for me and my family and buddies, I must rate pretty low on the "hardcore" scale huh?
    Just wondering is all, no offence intended.
    Paul

16. Scott K

Scott K

Who put the CD radio in???.....Twice.

And you need wipers. You drive too much not to have them on the car.

17. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I have the two AC's ,one on each side, going to have to add cruise just because I have bad knees, I don't understand the radio deal, I love my music, not all the time but sometimes, have the Xm radio thing mounted overhead out of sight. I have progressive rack and pinion, I would prefer manual steering, but this doesn't provide power assist over ten miles an hour anyway, 5 speed, no insulation in the car, removing soundproofing, manual choke, manual windows, I have power door locks added because i don't have external key holes anymore, but they still operate manually if needed. I added the vaccume powered cupholder that slides out from under the drivers seat, but thats because I got tired of cleaning up spilled drinks from all over the car. I had the manual version, which is jam drink between seat and emergency brake handle. no airbags,no gps, no antilock brakes, no power seats, etc. I DO have one of those old fashioned folding navigation systems. :D

18. colorado51

colorado51

No wipers, no heat. I might add a heater this winter so I can drive the car when its colder out.

I have a (ipod compatable) radio, but the car is loud so its kinda hard to hear it! :D

19. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

no windows, no wipers, no heat/air/defrost, no radio but fun as hell to drive. If i lean a little towards the passengers side of the car, the pipes make a perfect stereo sound........makes me happy

20. glassguy

glassguy

denise.. i have to agree with ralf young lady!! you do drive too much to not have wipers.. when i had the merc it had wipers, i kept them in the trunk, when i didnt need them i had those small chrome bullets mounted on the shafts. actually looked pretty cool. so theres an idea fer ya.. and i cant make it to the end of my driveway without tunes so for me a sterio is very important. i also always get those small heaters from nite prowlers that work awesome as i drive these toilets all winter too.

21. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

Does vinyl upholstery and vent windows count?

22. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Original heater, Model 460 a/c with cowl scoop, stock Roto-Matic AM radio (pretty much limited to gospel and talk radio stations), and, of course, cup holders for beverage of choice. Oh, and a vanity mirror on the passenger sun visor for She Who Must Be Obeyed.

23. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I have no heat, no air, no raido and crank windows. but I have a knee brace to rest my right knee On. Once on a long trips my knee was leaning on the shifter and down shifted at 70mph. I did make the back window a power window along with the cowl vent I have ac after 30mph.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  24. I feel like a wuss.. You people are hard asses.. The Graham Brothers panel I am building now has power rack and pinion.. power disc brakes.. heat/air/ de-humidifed defrost.. Tilt wheel.. Power windows.. Auto trans.. Coil over front and rear.. Looking for lincoln l/s seats so I can warm up my ass on cold days.. radio/cd/i-pod with navigation.. Interior lights.. And some other stuff............ Shall I surrender my H.A.M.B. membership now???

25. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Jeez, I bet you like quiche, too :)

26. BullyDog

BullyDog
    from Atlanta GA

Thats a streetrod...not a Hot Rod. And for the record. I don't have any comforts....just a manual steering box and a five speed transmission...I have a cowl vent, does that count?

27. I'm shopping for a big fat gold chain today.. And some lawn chairs so I can block a space to power park at the shows.. I need to go wash my trailer now........

28. Wanna race??

29. the only creature comfort I have is my wife

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

got 4-60 air , no heat('cause i blocked off the core), and a radio that has an MP3 input..it works most of the time....thats the 53

the A..has the front window that opens, and 4 other windows..so 5 -60 air!..no radio, no AC..no heat..and at this point..no seat, no steering wheel, no floor, and no roof!..no worries