Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by calvinh, Oct 12, 2009.

1. calvinh

calvinh

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I have been into and building cars since I was a small kid, especially hot rods. I have had everything from a 40 Ford to late model Mustangs. I currently have a 64 Ford pickup that has seen almost no progress in the last year. I am self employed so unfortunately cars get pushed to the back burner when I get busy. Just a little on what has been done on it so far:
    1970 frame and suspension
    Lowered 8 inches
    351w/C-4
    Prior to the truck the last project I completed was a 1963 Lincoln Continental that I sold(along with every other thing that resembled fun) to start my own firm. I saw the car a few weeks ago and it had 20 inch wheels and neon lights. I wanted to kick the jackass in his teeth. There is not much of a traditional scene in this town so I have to rely on the internet to get my fix. Look forward to meeting everyone and maybe getting some motivation to get off my rear and get something driveable.

2. Big Earl

Big Earl

Howdy from Katy...Now get to work on that firm so you can get your '63 back and "fix" it!!!

3. Welcome to the HAMB from Hank in Pennsylvania, now get to work.

4. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

welcome from rowlett, texas

5. Welcome from Illinois! Gotta love those 64 fords p/u's!

6. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Hey Calvin, I'm thrashin on mine right now trying to get it ready for Day of the Drags in Temple this weekend...you going? Been working on it for 2 years. Not really "complete" even if I get it on the road (needs a little body work and striping), but I just hate sitting on the sidelines and I know you know what I mean. Cool site...enjoy seeing Texans on here. Later, John

7. Welcome from Denton.

8. smarg

smarg

Welcome from Fort Worth, sounds like you bleed ford blue.

9. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Hi, from east Tx.

10. calvinh

calvinh

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. John unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it to Temple. What really sucks is that I will be in Austin the following weekend on business. It's like being a day late and a dollar short. Let me know how it was though.

11. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Hate to hear it. I have the same bad luck as you for Pistons and Paint...can't go due to work. Maybe you can make that one and tell me about it lol.

12. calvinh

calvinh

I'm good for Pistons and Paint. I have friends in Denton so it's a great reason to take a trip.