Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***2009 HCPU***It was a "Stone Gas" baby!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Peter Pan of Chicago, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ........ditto......thanks brother Joel.

2. AngRi

AngRi

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! My camera's battery died after 'bout 50 photos. I was hoping on getting photos from a few cars I saw, and here they are.

Had a blast as always - my 7th Pileup and was volunteering this year. The best shows on the planet! Can't wait for next year...

3. mtrhd

mtrhd

sweet bunch o' pics. Thanks.

4. Thanks for the event pic's,I'm diggin the black shoebox hoodless very cool.

5. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Peter Pan! Joel...you are a class act, brother, and thanks for posting the fantastic photos. Being a vendor this year, I barely had time to get away to piss let alone look at cars so it was great to peruse the pics of what I missed.

As always, it was great to see you again. Glad to see Larry and meet a bunch more of the Brushmasters. You guys are all cool kats! I had the pleasure of hanging with Norwell, Ed Tillrock and Del Swanson. I gotta say, these guys are truly talented and twice as cool as their art (if that's even possible). I had the pleasure of making more friends and seeing old friends as well. Even got to see Chad Lampert, Max Grundy and Weesner (unfortunately only briefly) but all you guys are what make this show even better. Looking forward to next year already! And dare I forget- The Czars rocked it again this year! Nice meeting you, Django!

6. 1950jax

1950jax
    BANNED

Thank you for sharing.

7. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Great pix - sorry I missed it.

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Great Pics Joel. I believe that '61 Mopar is a Plymouth. Those things were custom from the factory!

The Merc wagon turned delivery is amazing as well.

9. Fantastic pics and an entertaining commentary plus a punctual post - PPoC is the MAN! Thanks also for including my heaps, Joel.

Here's a couple of candid shots Glo took. First is one of my favorite pics of the weekend. Marcy probably talking with Mr. Norwell on Friday.

[​IMG]

You and Bob prior to our presentation.

[​IMG]

Jeff, about to receive the bill for his plaque.

[​IMG]

The amount of sheer artistic talent that occupied one small parcel of land in Northern Illinois on Saturday, October 10th was mind-boggling to say the least. Absolutely INCREDIBLE!

10. Thanks for the pics, looked like a good show.

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

yeah, great picture of my fat gut.

(kidding) It was good talking with you at the bar Friday night. Thanks for your words of wisdom on family.

12. nice pics cant wait to see the rest

13. Good morning HAMB Nation!

Thanks to all for the kind comments, The Pile Up is thee, Best of the Midwest!

Now time to add more pics,

I love these early 50's Chevy's, this one had loads of potiential...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dig this '58, I have a very, very soft spot of a ride with all the "Chingadera's". This one was direct from varrio "Grundy County"...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

At one time there used to be one of these Nova's in every neightborhood in Chicago...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was digging this Tri Five on account of it's stance, patina, and cool factor.
    [​IMG]

Got to see this very nice Shoebox belonging to local Chicago HAMB'r, ChicagoSlacker, nice...
    [​IMG]

Another nice '55! There many of these there and ton of "Gasser" styled '55's. We dig them all...
    [​IMG]

This Custom had a real nice chop done to it. I would love to see it finished in "Ten Mile Deep" maroon paint someday...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This truck was awesome, I wish I could've gotten it standing still.
    [​IMG]

Whoa, John Milner made it to the Pile Up...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice "Bellflower Style" Riv belongs to kustom painter and pinstriper, Jack "the Italian" Giachino...
    [​IMG]

"34's in hotrod trim do it for me...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come...

14. slammed

slammed

The Pan Man alway's has a balanced blend of ride's, you are a positive dude!

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Once again...that 3 deuce nailhead sedan rocks!

16. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

17. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

great pictures thanks look like a fun time

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Joel,
    I was completely stunned by the presentation and deeply honored.For the first time in a long time I was speechless.
    It was my extreme pleasure to meet the gang and chat,.... I want to get to Chi-Town and see ALL of you guys very soon.
    The BEST photographic coverage of the show thus so far.

I can also prove to my better half I was not in a strip bar for 3 days. ha ha ha

Joel,.. your a great friend.

19. This show is on the bucket list!
    Not a car in your photso that I wouldn't want to own,.... now where is that lottery ticket....

20. ....the best pics of the cars at the Hunnert posted yet!............thanks.

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Great coverage and some nice rides but that light purple shoebox is horrible,what a waste.

22. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

I couldn't agree ore with you the pileup was a blast and the czars are awsom dudes. they throw a hell of a show. I am glad to see you saw my
    shoebox. PS I will have a few more skate deck done up if you are interested for the brushmasters auction.

Got to see this very nice Shoebox belonging to local Chicago HAMB'r, ChicagoSlacker, nice...
    [​IMG]

23. Now here is a killer '54 Chevy that turned heads all day. I loved the candy green...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This '53 was the "Belle of the Ball"! I don't know how many peeps got to see this, it spent most of it's time in the "South 40". The ideas, fit and finish were ourstanding...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wild Ford and nicely done...
    [​IMG]

I sporadically hungout at the Vendors building throughout the day. Meeting artists and soaking up the "Spiritual Artistic Groove"...

Here's artist and HAMB'r Todd C. Jones! Killer automotive illustrator and great person...
    [​IMG]

I finally introduced myself to Ed Tilrock(ewt2). He's a real nice guy and a helluva "Pencil Pusher"...
    [​IMG]

Stopped by Pile Up vendor and pinstriper Matt Jelinek and his lovely wife. Great people!
    [​IMG]

I said hello to my favorite "Plaster Kaster", Jimmy Flintstone! Very talented and cool guy...
    [​IMG]

I got to spend time with my Detroit homie, tattoo artist and pinstriper Jeff Shea and his lovely wife, Heather...
    [​IMG]

New HAMB'r and killer artist, Del Swanson(del) was in da house!
    [​IMG]

Got Shea and Jeff Norwell to stand still long enough for a pic...
    [​IMG]

Stepped outside and ran into two favs, artist Tara Klein and Kacy "the Original Pin Up Striper"" Banks! Talented ladies...
    [​IMG]

I drifted back out of the Vendors shack to look for more cars. By middle afternoon some were making their way home...

Nice Sedanette...
    [​IMG]

Hotrodjosh...
    [​IMG]

Every pinstriper should have one of these for a "shop" ride...
    [​IMG]

This "C-Dan" was over by Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle's booth...
    [​IMG]

More to come...

24. LabRat

LabRat

Your photo's and words give an outstanding feel for the gathering !

Thankyou Joel .....
    And congrats to Czar's for an obviously cool event ...

25. jdubbya

jdubbya

Great pics Joel!

Every year I have some sort of excuse that keeps me away from this show, (this year my truck has motor issues) I will make it there eventually.

26. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

Thanks for taking the time to post all the GREAT pics, It was a great show no matter what happened and what has been said. I can't wait for next year.

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks, Joel!

28. Best coverage of the Pile up posted yet. You did a great job Joel. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next year.

Tim