Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scam a blue knight transport

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jessefelix, Oct 10, 2009.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

here are some links to some of the serious complaints people have on this company,it looks like this take the money and never deliver is their standard operating procedure,as well as yelling at you when you call. It also looks like the drivers they contract with are getting screwed too lots of complaints about them transporting cars and never being paid by the company.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Auto-Tr...sporte/autotrail-transport-v-c-ware-ecc58.htm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_trans/a_blue_knight.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Auto-Sh...Transp/a-blue-knight-transport-unet-e5j54.htm

http://www.transportreviews.com/review/00030671.asp

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_trans/a_blue_knight_p2.html

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Jessefelix I would contact the bank again as soon as possible, I've been reading these threads and it seems this company will wait and then hit you up for the fee again. I've seen it over and over in the complaints, and the bank will try to tell you they can't stop it,because you "authorized" the debit electronically over the phone. I've already read over 200 complaints that sounded exactly like yours, and I have to agree this company is a scam. No legitimate company could stay in business with this many complaints. I think the pay up front with a check by phone is a major tip off, this is commonly used in other kinds of scams. they are scamming the people paying for the transport on one end, then scamming the drivers who contract for the transport on the other.

3. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

i plan to contact the bank again first thing monday morning, i hope that everyone reads the links that lostforawhile put up. I read those friday but it was way to late, i just hope no one else goes through what i did. Also again Glenn33 i am very sorry, i am trying to figure a way to pick up the car asap.

4. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Alarm bells in their name shouldn't it be white Knight...............or blue nun

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

Several years back I sold my '48 Ford Woody to a fellow in Scottsdale, Arizona. I had Reliable transport it from Michigan to Scottsdale for $1,350.00.....Excellent service and bad ass semis.......

6. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I'll give you a call tomorrow man. I had no idea this was going on! As said before, BenD is a straight shooter, he has hauled some stuff for me in the past as well. We need to figure something out.....

7. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Sorry about your delivery problems... I have been hauling cars for many years and think that communication is the best thing that can happen when you handle someone's cars. Most time the buyer of the vehicle to be delivered has not been seen other than photos and these people want to know where the vehicle is and when it will be in their driveway. I have had problems on the road and only been delayed a couple times (mechanical Problems) this is the time to call the customer and let them know what is going on...
    BenD is a good friend on the HAMB-O-Dex he has been very good to pass hauls on to me and I have sent what I can't do to him...
    We both want to get the job done, and will try to meet all expectations of the customer.
    I have heard from guys that are hauling off the uship deal... man that is scary! You don't know who is hauling your car??? I had one guy call me that was hauling someones car off uship... he was going to Quit in the middle of a haul... he asked me to continue on with his deal. I talked him into going on with it and keep away from any problems with the car owner.
    Like someone said on this post you get what you pay for...
    Thanks also for the HAMB guys with giving me positive comments.
    racinman Rick

8. Well there is an up and a down to this my friend. The up is that you still have the car I have heard of cars dissapearing whil in transport. The compnay is only liable to give you your money back or the current market value of the car which is normally determined by someone they trust.

The down is you are out the cash. I would go to the states attorney general about it, they can give you the proper avenue to get yourself reimbersed if they don't handle it personally.

Sorry to hear you got ripped. BTW there are some really reliable folks here on the HAMB that transport cars. Try looking in the HAMBodex or posting on this board to find someone that can help you out.

9. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thanks for posting this info. Good luck getting your money back.

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

this is one of the ones that bothers me and i've seen this over and over in the complaints, they get your account info, charge the fee to your account, then a while later bill you a second time then won't talk to you. That is nothing but a scam,

11. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

I want to thank all of you for all the info, your all a bunch of great people!

12. Fenders

Fenders

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  13. panic

panic

Re: Blue Knight

On Long Island, "Blue Knights" is a club of police, FBI etc. who ride (name taken from the George F. Scott movie title).

My guess: they're cops, which is why they get away with this.
    I was a member once - went to one meeting, and all they did was accuse each other of stealing from the club and otherwise behave like children. Never went back.

14. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

That's damn scary if they are...

15. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

that would be scary

16. That is Columbus Day. Banks are closed.

I really hope you get your $$$ back, that group appears to be nothing but a bunch of friggin' crooks and liars.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  17. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

oh crap i forgot about columbus day, just my luck huh...lol

18. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

i forget the name of the company i used when i shipped my caddy to tucson, but they were professional, timely and a real pleasure to work with. i think it may have been "auto transport direct".
    i paid $860 to transport a non-running car from decatur, alabama to tucson, arizona. i didn't pay till the driver arrived with my car and it only took about 3 days for the car to get to me.
    for the OP, sorry you got the shaft and i hope you're able to find an appropriate solution to this issue.

19. lst shipper that screwed me got to pay for the brand new crate 360 i bought, i sued
    them for the max alowable ammount and won, trick is to bring in every one else they
    screwed that you can find and split the take.

20. Car hauling is rough, especially on a non-runner. And if the thing runs and drives you're almost better off taking a frigging greyhound if you have to, as close as possible to the car, and driving it home yourself if you're on a low budget. Just be sure to put it on your insurance, at least, first.

21. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Wow, I feel for you having recently been "crooked" myself on some parts. About a year and a half ago, I bought a 51 Chev Bus Coupe from a HAMBER. Car was in DFW, Texas, I'm up here in Washington State. I picked a transporter, out-of-the-blue, and got lucky. Took 8 days, driver was nice, but in a hurry on delivery (he had 3 more cars/trucks loaded). I'm sure he was only hired by a broker. After reading all these posts, I'm not sure I'd do it again, luck does run out. Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  22. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

I'll have my buddy sick his autodailer on them. It will call and hang up on them all day. Just to waste their time :)

23. Thanks guys :D

Car forums like the HAMB provide many choices
    for forum members who need car hauling ;)

No one person can be in all places at all times :)

Use common sense:

Talk to the person who will be picking up your car directly

Avoid paying a credit card deposit up front

Be realistic about transport pick up & delivery,
    it takes time to schedule connecting loads :cool:

In the end - you do get what you pay for :D

Jim

Attached Files:

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I believe if it had been a credit card, he would have had a lot more options, credit not debit, you have better fraud protection. When these companies use a check by phone, they know it's authorized as an automatic debit, they are much harder to fight then a credit card debit. I was ripped off a couple of weeks ago by a fake collection agency, They somehow got my account info, generated a FAKE paper check, put my address wrong, my name spelled wrong, and put in the signature line " no signature required custer authorized" , authorized my ass!! Even though i called the bank immediately, and I filed a claim, they won't give me my money back, because they say they asked the person who took out the money to return it, and they wouldn't. so they closed the case. ya, the thief is going to return the money if you ask, well they lost me as a customer. Chase by the way, the point is the banks don't want to screw with bad transactions with an electronic check, the credit card companies are much better to fight for a fraud then the banks

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

any updates? i hate to see you get screwed over by these parasites like this. The more I read the more complaints i find. you may have to eat the money, and use a difference company, looks like there are a lot of good ones with good people on here.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I just Googled the company and the majority of hits are consumer sites saying these guys are VERY BAD NEWS.:eek: I hope things work out for you, but from what I just read... they don't give money back EVER.

I may never need a car hauled, but thanks for the intel on this company.

27. my47soto

my47soto

The more of these stories I read I'm sort of starting to loose my faith in people doing the right thing. I hope it works out for you buddy:eek:

28. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

I really hate it that this has happend to Paul. I've had nothing but good dealings with him on the '31 and I know he's anxious to get it to California. I had originally offered to deliver the car to him, but now I'm facing a serious illness in the family and can't make the trip.
    Paul...I do have a couple of options for ya buddy, but may take a couple of days to get an answer for you....Please be patient and will get back to you as soon as I know something...

29. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

anyone going that way who could haul it for him? that would be great, because it would help him since he's going to have to pay twice for moving the car.

30. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

okay,I'm not reading everyone's responses,but to the OP,why don't you contact the local authorities where the company is,print out all the reports on their company,contact an attorney,and take their asses to court.Then make them pay for a reliable transport company on top of that.I always see people talk about their experience,but never taking legal actions against the company or person that screwed them over.