Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pile up....Pic's and Thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Oct 11, 2009.

1. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Gary, it was great getting to see you again, thanks for the pics. I agree completely, my wife and I had a great time, took awhile to get in and out but we will be back next year for sure.............anyone who is complaining has missed the real point here.

Thanks Again Jerrod

2. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Anybody know what color blue the model A pick up with the hemi is?? Killer truck!!

3. Rusty

Rusty

Great coverage Gary

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks for the pics Gary. You got a good eye. Glad we got to talk. Hope you made it through all that snow.

Next year I think I might have to stay for the weekend rather than one day trip. Froze my ass off on the 280 mile round trip. About 10 miles from home I thought there was something wrong with my clutch and throttle, but then I realized my feet were just numb from the cold and had lost some of the feeling. LOL

5. Only complaint I have are that there are a lot of complainers. The show was excellent...CZARS know how to put on one hell of a show!! It would have been nice to see 3" of snow, It would have felt warmer with snow on the ground.

Thanks to all the volunteers...and to everyone who made this show so much fun!

Thanks for posting such great pix.

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Hot-Rod Roadster, thanks for posting the pics. I see you have the ability to look for what you are after and ignore the rest. Excellent!

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ditto VON Ditto

Awesome time!:)

8. Ron

Ron

Thanks for sharing.

9. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Great pics - lots of nice cars there. Thanks for posting!

10. Great pics...nice rides

11. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

Cliffy thats the smartest thing I've ever heard come from you:D I totally agree whiners stay home,,,I had a freakin blast

12. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Thanx for the Photos, nice job.

13. I even enjoyed the time I spent with you this weekend Grayson....LOL.

BEST PILEUP YET!!!!! If people can't look past some minor issues to see that this show was a HUGE success, then screw you and the rat rod you drove in with.

BLEED RULES!

Too bad it was so damn cold. Wouldn't it be a blast if we had like 6" of snow one of these years!

WOW were there a lot of Gassers this year. Maybe because I had mine there, but I heard a few other comments about it as well. Gassers must be the new flat black.

14. Great pics Gary. It was great to shoot the shit with you again. Hopefully next year it will at least get in the 50's and I'll have the new body all finished and painted. Hey I did'nt see Rob Lee.I heard he got a nice coupe.

15. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Well said!!!!! Great time! Helluva a show! Looking forward to next year!!!!!!!:D

Amazing pics Gary, thanks for posting em!

16. wild willey

wild willey

Well stated "hot-rod roadster"!!! Until you walk a bit in the judges shoes "simmer the opinion on quality of cars". Thank you for the pic's!!! Once again, missed the show myself......but have set aside the time for next year!!!!! I think that by then, I'll have paid "ol' bobwop" a visit and be riding in style regardless of whether my own project is completed!!! Thanks again for sharin' pic's!

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

hey -Gary - sorry I did not get to talk to you - i saw your car there and figured we will be able to see each other - but we never did hook up - I will seeya in Omaha

18. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Hot Rod Roadster,

Damn right I'm going to complain..:mad:

My feet and back were killing me..So many cars to see and so many of old friends to talk with again.:eek:

The Jalopy Showdown sure doesn't have anything on the Pileup, about driving in the mud.:D

What more can I possibly say than just plain ole THANK YOU CHROME CZARS for another great year of the Hunnert Car Pileup. :) I only wish I could have made the first two before you move it to Morris, then I could say I've been to every one of your great shows.

Thank you Catherine for the organizing of the Red Shirts again. With out you, where would we be.:):):)

A thank you to all of you who joined and were a part of the Red Army this year. So many of you came back for another year of service. (I really do like the goody package this year. Now I'll have one in every vehicle I drive)

P.S. Maybe in next years goody package, there will be one of those little itty bitty emergency rain coats:D

I did notice, there was not a shortage of toilet paper this year..:rolleyes:

I think maybe next year I'll become a vendor though, one isle I'll sell hoodies, and on the other side I'll sell sun tan oil..You just never know about October weather in Morris.:cool: But I think everyone was pretty much fore warned about it being on the, shall I say COOL side this year. At least it didn't snow, like it did back here. I see I still have some of that white stuff out in the back of my place right now.

Just another observation...There sure was a crowd this year at the H.A.M.B meet and greet. Amazing how it has grown over the years, isn't it Denise??

Bob K...I forgot to ask..were you still in knee highs, or were you a part of Lincoln's inauguration?:eek: I was still in short britches at Taff's;) Oh..And do you use the feather or the whole chicken?

Chad, are you and the Mrs. going to enter your boy in "Dancing with the Stars"? That was really cute of him. Glad you introduced me to your wife.

Kudo's to the bands that braved the cool weather for us. (Even though I didn't get to hear all of them play.)

Oh, and less we forget our dear ole Breeder...No Beer this year:eek::eek::eek:

Some good vittles from the vendors on Saturday and the pizza down town sure hit the spot on Friday afternoon.

Jerry, if your reading this, I'll bring more cigars next year for ya;) Since I didn't see you or Jessie or the gang from Minn on Saturday night. Well I had the last one on the way home today.

Rob Lee...Well...It probably would have been a sort of cold wet ride in your roadster..But it would have been worth it....

One final observation, that being, yep there was some grumbling about the vehicles, so what???? I never heard a discouraging word about meeting up with our buds from the H.A.M.B we've met here, swaping lies, locating parts, checking up on other family members. The cars and trucks were only a means for getting us there to congregate and shoot the bull.

For all of you who attended from near and far..It was good to see everyone, because without you..well. just thanks...so I and others could see your stallions.:)

Gary, I'll have that antenna for you when ever I meet up with you again.

So let me sign off, and go get in my jaccuzi. I think it's filled up now, and a soak in the hot water is going to feel good.:p

HellRaiser

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Gary, thanks for all the GREAT photos of alot of the awesome cars that were there. I once again had a blast hanging out with you and Dallas. The Pileup is kinda bittersweet as it's a GREAT event but at the end of the weekend you know that you won't be seeing most of your pals till again springtime.

Yep, I was SHOCKED at the number of HAMB folks that attended the Meet & Greet. It continues to be the largest HAMB Meet & Greet in the country. It was impossible to even say hi to a fraction of the folks that showed up. HUGE thanks to the Ladies of the HAMB, and Lucky77:D, for bringing all the baked goodies. There wasn't a crumb left afterwards everything was so yummy. Also, thanks to the Czars for suppling the name tags. For me, the M&G is one of the main highlighs of the whole weekend. Thanks to all who attended.

20. Yeah, they baked goods were phenominaly good and greatly appreciatted!!!!!!!!!!! There were so many hambers there, I'm suprized that the cops didn't show up to shut down the meet n' greet!!! Yeah, and thanks for the name tags, that made all of the difference....
    By the way, Where does the autographed banner go to??? Good day ya'all....

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It goes back to my house every year and gets brought back every year. I've got one for just about every event and a generic Meet & Greet banner for the others. OldBobSign made them for me many years ago.

22. HotRod33

HotRod33

Great photo's of very nice cars... Thanks

23. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I MISSED THE MEET AND GREET!!!!!!!! I was out in the parking lot getting yelled at, cussed at, flipped off, etc. Other than that we had fun!

24. Thanks for all of the great pics Gary !! Didn't make it to Hunnert but hope to see ya in the spring >>>>.

25. Brandi

Brandi

Gary!! Great seeing you! Love the pics. All my faves from the event.

When I hit the midwest this summer, we'll be sure to go for a spin in my roadster.

26. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks, I think there were a lot more very cool cars, I just ran out of memory space.

Well said Jerrod and was great to see you guys out in the roadster having a good time. Love the 12 volt elec. blanket.

Thanks Rusty, this is a trip you and dad should consider some year. You guys would really like it.

Gotta say heat would be a plus, I should look into fixing the wagons before next year. Snow was pretty much gone by the time I goy home. Good to see you.

Always enjoy talking with you and Rob Lee did get a nice coupe body. Should keep him busy through the winter.
    Gotta tell you how impressed I was to hear you did the bike across Iowa thing. Outstanding !! I got a whole new respect for you.

27. Well selected and nicely done photos, of a great event. Good to see that so many had a fun time no mater the cool weather. Thanks.

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

good seein you guys again! it was so odd leavin at 3 on sat! on the way home i was tellin the kids we would have to bust ass gettin the house clean cause they had school the next day! to which they informed me they have no school on sunday! outwitted by a 10 n 7 yr old! [sounds about right} :)
    still had a great time although it was a rush to get the things done i wanted to!
    dallas, thats the shortest visit weve ever had! :( your like a great grandfather to me, so it made me sad!!!! :) hope you can make it over for the bday bash! ohh , and i hear you jumped into the restaurant for a certain phone number, and didnt even call so i could come up???? shame shame!!!!!
    anywho, hopefully next yr the crops will be out, and i can bring my lovely dd, err,wife, and hangout more!!!!

29. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Denise, Missed not being able to tell you good-bye I'll have to give you 2 hugs next time. I agree the Hunnert is kinda bittersweet as its usually the end of the season. Stay in touch.
    Dallas, Thanks for the commentary. Its always fun hanging out and for some reason I always come away from a weekend hanging out with you feeling smarter. Gary

30. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thanks for sharing...great pictures!