Register now to get rid of these ads!

EAGLE FIELD Drag Race & Car Show Dos Palos CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

2. greeno

greeno
    from Fresno,Ca.

Just like being back in the 50's again, I was glad I got to show my grandsons exactly how it was in the 50's. I've tried to tell them,but this really was a visual experience for them. We need this kind of event more often to show the younger crowd how we had so much fun for so little money. Thanks Rocky and staff for creating such a wonderful experience for my grandsons and myself.
    Gary

3. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

4. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

5. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

6. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

7. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

8. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

Man these pics are great....yesterday was the best....goose-bumpsville when the rails ran down the strip....

9. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Forgot Pepper and his Chappa

[​IMG]

10. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

11. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

12. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cool shot of Dana.......aka Brothershifter

14. Strip T's

Strip T's

Cool shot of how good the "tower" crew had it...not often they can stand in a rarest of the rare amphibious vehicle repair truck that was only used during the D-Day invasion.Only 80 of those trucks were EVER built. My lil Bro is proud of it for sure....it also came from the famous Ponderosa Ranch...good times!

15. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

Thanks for the photo/videos. We had an awesome day!!!

16. Thanks Todd!

I saw the 300Z guys roll in... and wondered how in the hell they made it as far as they did!

Rocky was a class act... told the front gate to refund their money, I think they enetered thinking they were going to race!
    Sam

I g

17. spook498

spook498

Sam,

I have to say that your 55 is a wicked ass car. I was enamoured with it from the get go. I wanted to see more passes, but at 3:30 my 2 year old was getting cranky, so we headed to the car. By the time we got to the hanger, you were making passes again. I told the wife I was kind of bent that I didnt get to see more of it.

Anyways, just a bit a go, I was showing my wife the video of you giving Rocky a ride, and as you pull up to the line, she hears the loping of the engine and commented about how the car must be junk as it sounds like its barely running.:eek:

Please forgive her, she knoweth not from what she speaks! :D

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Man o' man I am kickin' myself in the ass for missing this one. Looks like everyone there had a blast.

Rocky and his team kicked ass! Thanks to the fellas with photos and videos. I recognized a few ugly mugs and their sweet ass rides.

19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

WOW!! What a fun meet. If we could only make one race a year, this would be it.

Rocky, you can be proud of your dream, we know that it took a lot of people to pull it together, but it was your vision that really brought the past to life. Patti and I were glad to offer help setting the K-rail Friday night, sorry we couldn't have helped more.

Saturday was a true time machine and when Old6rodder stuck me in the Barn Job the journey was complete. Coming up to the line and doing the flag start was a total flashback experience. This wasn't "Nostalgia Drag Racing", it was living in the period when it all began.

We have pictures, but nothing to compare with those already posted, but I'll try and get some up in a day or so and make sure you get a full disc to all to your files.

Sign us up for next year.......and the year after just to start.:D

20. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Rocky, Lee, Tamara ....... Well done!
    All the rest of ya, Ditto!

Thanks for the blast to the past, I truly enjoyed it.
    Ya gotta do it again.

And I see Lee managed another "wheels in the air" shot, wotta ham(b). :cool:

21. solid

solid

Super photos...looks like you all had a blast, and thats what its all about.

22. Dr. Dave

Dr. Dave
    Member Emeritus

What a great day! Lucky for me Todd needed a co-pilot! Made many new friends and hooked up with some old ones. I really enjoyed Elmer in his flathead dragster. A very cool 83 year old...indeed.
    Rocky, I did not get to meet you, but congratulations and put me on your list for next time!
    Dr. Dave Modesto, CA
    BRT's Dad ;)

23. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

What a great event, Rocky and crew, i know you guys worked you're butts off but you all did a great job! This was one of the most enjoyable events I've ever been too. The laid back atmosphere was great and watching everyone flog the hell outa thier cars was a blast. Watchin' Sam beat his '55 to death was one of the best parts of the day and it was cool to be there for Norm's first run down a strip in his bad ass little Austin. Thanks again for all the hard work guys I can't wait for next year! Later, Roger

24. jlibert

jlibert
    from fresno

Awesome time, awesome crowd. Everybody was super friendly, and the crew couldn't have been more easy going, and organized. Job well done!

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

26. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

WOW!! What a weekend! THE MOST awesome event I've ever been to. I told Rocky I would take some video but my camera crapped out. Looks like there's some good vids already up. My Pops-in-Law took a bunch of pics. I'll get them posted ASAP.

Thanks again Rocky. Here's to next year!

27. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Thanks to Rocky and the whole crew. It was probably the best event I've been to all year and that says a lot because we had some good times this summer. I really hope this happens again.

28. ThingyM

ThingyM

Thanks for the great day Rocky.. Even got my car down the track a couple of times, New car bugs kinda slowed us down from making more passes..But the last pass was worth the trip..And thanks to who ever got that shot of my car doing a burn out A fun time was had..