Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for a MORSE... any out there?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by emtr2, Oct 9, 2009.

1. emtr2

emtr2

I am looking for any Morse Motor cars....
    I work for the Morse family and we are interested to know if there are any left out there... There were only a limited amount made... I can give some information on them because they have an original brochure with all the specs and designs.

2. devotion

devotion
    from idaho

Don't have what you are looking for, but my last name is MORSE! Where is this Morse family from? Any more info on these cars would be great.

3. According to Georgano's book ,there were 2 related Morse auto's made in Mass.. Both steam & gas. 1904-1916

4. Steering by telegraph key?

That's a Morse Code joke, so probably anyone born after 1930 won't get it.

5. emtr2

emtr2

i work for the grandson of alfred morse who invented the morse back in 1890 something.... the first one had a tiller....
    they are from easton, mass... been there for a couple of hundred years...
    the man i work for had a company that made gear boxes...his name is also alfred morse....we are curious if there are any out there that survived... one went up for auction about 10 years ago and sold for 100,000+... his granddaughter went to her wedding in it... the owner graciously brought it here from new jersey....

6. emtr2

emtr2

-.-- ..- -.- -.-- ..- -.- -.-- ..- -.- this is for rustynewyorker.....:)

7. lone wolf

lone wolf

wow! my dads name was alfred morse, but he was from connectcut, born 1883.lived the rest of his life in ny.