Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sons First Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowchevypickup, Oct 8, 2009.

1. lowchevypickup

lowchevypickup
    from central IL

Well im pleased to say that ill be taking my 4 month old son to his first car show this weekend. Of course it will be the Pile-up. He spent way to much time in the hospital this summer and we missed alot of shows waiting for him. But after a month and a half in the hospital and three surgeries, he is healthy and growing like a weed. Now i just need to bust ass and get his new stroller primed for the pile-up.

i guess this thread is alittle off-topic but im just proud and excited for this weekend. and want to say good luck to all that are traveling to the show. and cant wait to meet up w/ some of you guys there.

2. cool! gotta keep the tradition going! have fun

3. willymakeit

willymakeit

My son is 23 and we are still going to shows together. It only gets better.

4. lowchevypickup

lowchevypickup
    from central IL

i would say thats the best part is that my dad is going w/ us as well. me and him went last year, and thought we would bring the next generation this year.

5. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Good to hear your son is doing well
    What better therapy than Hot Rods

6. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

We're thrilled to hear that you, and your son, will be making it in for the Pileup. Looking forward to seeing you both there.

JR

7. Crease

Crease

That just kicks butt!

8. scottrich411

scottrich411

what, no pics of the stroller?? if you need to paint it, we need to see it

9. charkol

charkol

very cool kids at car shows are half the fun ... keep him warm its suppost to be a cool one

10. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i crissened my boy the other day didn't look at the cars too much but then again he just turned a month:rolleyes: hopefully he will like old tin like me, buy my luck he's gonna want a classic 09 civic with exhaust!!

Attached Files:

11. John Denich

John Denich

I am 36 and still go to car shows with my Dad and we have been for 35.5 years...and I still enjoy every minute with him...it made him my best buddy!!!

12. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Good stuff man my boy is three now and wont wake up for nothin in the morning,couple weeks back the morning of billetproof i woke him up at five am,he was out of bed faster than shit shouting we get to go to the carshow today!!!!!it friggin rad to take your boy to shows everyone gets to be more fun as he grows and learns more about the cars!have fun man.

13. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

been going to car shows since i can remember, im 19 now, still go with my dad except now we both drive cars, nothing could be better, except maybe breakfast with him and his buddies at a diner after the early morning swapmeets. keep him going

i pulled my first engine out of a 57 chevy convertable when i was 2. i think it was 1/12 scale diecast :) he wasnt too happy. never could find that engine...

14. lowchevypickup

lowchevypickup
    from central IL

ill post some pics this evening of the stroller. hopefully it will be in primer, it will have to be in primer for the pileup because i havent ordered the paint yet. thanks for all the encouragement cant wait till tomorrow

15. gotmark73

gotmark73

Im 36 and my dad is 68 we will be at Hunnert

16. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

GOOD FOR YOU MAN.

Kids are the best car accessory ever. I think you could get them from JC Whitney back in the day.

17. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

The grow quick! I remember taking my kids to shows in strollers, now my oldest just got his licence, the happiest day of being a parent so far!!
    Have fun!

18. No car shows with my dad way back then but we made many a dog show over the years.
    I took my son to his first car show when he was about 4 years. There he is standing by the front fender of a chopped and slammed Merc. I got a photo of it too. He was about as high as the fender at that point. Musta been the right thing to do - he is 22 now and about to grad. from college. He loves cars, built a motor for his Chebby pickup and then built an auto tranny for it! He has a '62 Nova basket case project that is waiting. He helps with our roadster project - become quite a good welder too.
    The best is yet to come. Your son is lucky to have you as a dad...

19. Big Tony

Big Tony

WOW...sounds like the littlle man has had it ruff so far, glad he is doing well now. Remember a family that plays together...stays together.

Oh yea I wanna see pics of the primed stroller also..maybe get it pinstriped this weekend. Have fun

20. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

That's great! Glad to hear the little one is doing well.

This past February I took our little man to his first show at 15 months and he loved it. I went back to the show the next day with my old man. I waited 36 years for a weekend like that, and it was 100% awesome.

21. My kid's day care is having a car show this afternoon and she wants me to take her in the hot rod. :) She's 3.5.

22. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

That is so awesome. Keep him going. I took my 5 year old son to his first show, all chevy's, this summer. He likes El Caminos, the car that thinks it's a truck, he calls them. He likes looking in the trunks for Nitrous bottles. I'm thinking a career in tech inspections.

23. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Looks like hes oohing and ahwing the old rods.:D

24. BobK49

BobK49

Here's a pic I took at the Goodguys Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk this year. It kinda fits the thread I think.

[​IMG]

25. lowchevypickup

lowchevypickup
    from central IL

thanks for the encouragement fellas but like many others me and the boy where turned away from the pile-up. very dissapointing day for everybody.