Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pretty Pin Up Girls with Tools...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Well, yeah, she did, though there were times when the photographer was going for something different than that and she was perfectly capable of roaring into full-throttle trashy when the photo-shoot called for it. Of course her version of "full-throttle trashy" often tended to have a certain elegance to it that was at least an order of magnitude above anything else you'd normally see in that genre.

One has to keep in mind that Bettie Page did several distinct genres of modeling.

• "Cheesecake" pinups in which she was generally clad in bikinis or fairly tame outfits that revealed significantly less than what you could see on pretty much any beach today
    • Lingerie-themed erotica that would be regarded as PG rated by today's standards
    • Topless, Semi-nude and nude erotica that could vary from "girl-next-door" cuteness to fairly naughty
    • Fetish-themed erotica that often went fully into the realms of B&D and S&M
    The last one on that list could range from her unique style of "girl-next-door" cuteness (a rarity in that genre, to say the least) to the sort of trashiness that was far more common to that genre. Oddly enough her outfits in that last category were nearly always no more revealing than the ones she wore in the first category. She was also one of the earliest Playmates of the Month for Playboy magazine (January 1955).

I have a fair-sized collection of Bettie Page images stored on my hard drive, and I suppose I could share some of the more tame stuff here for those who may be interested. Sadly, almost none of them have her posing with tools, unless, of course, a whip counts as a tool.

;)

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

Thats a great idea.

3. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

wow johnney is that veronica? i wanna do a pin up picture. that would be cool.:p

4. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

But to get back on topic ...

Tools, eh?

Shovel?

Lariat?

Jeep? (Well, it's a stretch, but it's an excuse to sneak Groucho into the collection.)

Ice tongs? (Hey, that's Marilyn Monroe!)

Steering Wheel? (Is that from a Packard?)

Ladder?

Cigarette holder? (Hey, if you're Jane Wyman, it's a tool.)

Fishnet? (Singular, fellas.)

Yeah, all tools ... sort of ...

;)

Attached Files:

5. themodernartist

themodernartist

Maybe a little Photoshop would help the "wild woman" I made the head smaller, the waist wider and placed shadows down into her eyes.
    Peace,
    Chaz

Attached Files:

6. Whew, thanks. Yeah, she looks a little more "tame" now.

7. TERPU

TERPU

I didn't know it ever went out of style or was too early?

8. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

check out the PROTO tool catalog from 1952...La. based company must've had a kool designer on staff...maybe he did nose art in ww2...very deco-looking nudie with the x parts not shown - still looks great!...jb

Attached Files:

9. F&J

F&J

I just picked up the 54 edition last Sunday. Same cover.
    I actually read it tonight, Never knew they were also the older Plomb company.

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

And word of mouth ,how many of us will buy a clutch from them now.:rolleyes:

11. autobilly

autobilly

Pretty pinups with tools, that's my wife when she's walkin' with me.:D

12. autobilly

autobilly

My wife again! I'll be thinking of this one at the Vasectomy Clinic next month.

13. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

I definitely wouldn't give her a pipe cutter.

14. Jeff J

Jeff J

Isn't it sad, use to look forward to the new year of snap-on -tool calendars. but thanks to some over the edge women that sued snap on for it hanging it a service area ,it as it was said it degraded her! We had to take down (suppose too!) all our posters in the shop area where female"s could see them ! Even the ones autographed from the models that where clothed!!!

15. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Let's not forget DD (Debbie Dunning):

debbedunning.jpg

16. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

...or her predecessor:

nm_anderson_080710_ssh.jpg

17. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

I just found something I have been digging for since I began reading this thread. It's a 1977 Fiat "Genuine Spare Parts" calendar I was given back in 1976 by a friend who was working as the parts manager at a Fiat-Lancia dealership back in that era.

It's 12 months of women in coveralls (or a great deal less ;)) and working on cars. Okay, the cars are Fiats, but to make up for that the models are absolutely stunningly beautiful and frankly, you really don't even see the cars much.

The shot for December is by far the most memorable one. It shows a gorgeous brunette down in what was until moments ago a spotless, white-tiled grease pit doing an oil change on a car. She is wearing a pair of white, high-waisted short-shorts. And not a damn thing else.

There's a large open end wrench sticking up out of her waistband and she has evidently just finished draining the motor oil from the car above her.

All frickin' over herself.

She's soaked. With used motor oil. From left to right and from head to toe. And she's facing and looking straight into the camera. In a provocative pose.

Did I mention that the only thing she was wearing was those shorts?

God how I wish I had a scanner to share this thing.

Seriously.

:cool:

18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

dady likes

19. rockyj555

rockyj555

they had wonderful pinups at this parts store i always go to, when i asked why no more they said complaints! have to be PC if they wanted to keep the store going. soon we all going to be living in a fish bowl

20. Here are some pics with my car.

oil change.jpg

oil change2.jpg

oil change3.jpg

oil change4.jpg

21. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Sometin' tells me as long as us motor-heads' blood is red, this old thread will NEVER die! LOL

22. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

I met my wife in Shop class. Something about a woman cutting (or joining) steel gets my gears goin'!

Sorry O/T, but do you think if it ever happened again where all the men went off to war, that women of today could support an industrial defense base?

23. x2 :d

24. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

How about these two...
    DD

Attached Files:

25. 303racer

303racer

26. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

No. I know for a fact, there are not enough MEN left in this country to wage a WWIII. They got rid of shop class to make room for all the PC crap that is now required. And these anorexic pop tarts can't drive a car without GPS telling them which way is up. Kids today.

27. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

I think there are plenty of women around that would surprise people and be more than up to the task. Look at a lot of the ones on this site and the welder chicks Jesse James had on Monster Garage.

28. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I'm with BustedLifter. The "pop tarts" are just the noisy, showy ones who get all the TV time & magazine ink. You can't judge the measure (no pun intended!) of ALL women by the pea-brained actions of a few.

29. Mart

Mart

I enjoyed browsing through this thread, made all the better by some of the comments posted. There are some truly witty people here on here. Viva la HAMB!

30. Id gladly volunteer! It would be an honor to pose for HAMB calendar. Plus Ive been told I look pretty decent under a vehicle taking care of business. Whoever decides to throw this together keep me in mind ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.