Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Wishbones....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie Hot Rod, Oct 5, 2009.

1. 067chevy

067chevy

Agreed. I don't know where your going to find them for 40 bucks, maybe 60 or 80

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I have a pair of these on the way to me now, i hope to report back next week on them.

I had a pair of the 97 carbs recently that got slated on here, They worked fine straight out of the box.

3. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Knowing what we know about Speedway, where would you expect them to be made? We manufacture stuff , and wholesale it for .55 of retail. If someone can make them here, to wholesale for $165 or so, good for them. It's not a shitty thread when you have no work to pay for your hotrod, because of "offshore" phoney ass, idea stealing, manufacturers.

4. Anderson

Anderson

Swap meets...Decatur to be exact, in February. All over the place and cheap, I took 3 home that day and didn't pay more than $50 for any of them. 2 model A, one '40.

I could possibly consider them being worth the extra $$ if they were going to be chrome plated, not a single pit to worry about and very little polishing work. They are actually cheaper than a set of Pete & Jakes hairpins or 4-bars.

5. bobscogin

bobscogin

You guys talk like the hot rod industry is a major player in the GNP. If *everything* Speedway sold was made in the USA, it wouldn't amount to a blip on the radar screen of the unemployment rate and the economy. If you wanna save jobs, bitch about foreign made products like your computer, your television, your clothes, your shoes, your cell phone, cars, machine tools, manufacturing process equipment, your audio gear, your furniture, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, etc. etc. --. If you don't want Chinese parts from Speedway, don't buy them, but also don't bother waiting for any of those parts to be made in the USA at an affordable price point. Some of you will never be happy with any part that wasn't on the Ford factory floor when Henry was still alive. Sooner or later, the supply of useable OEM Ford parts will dwindle, and I for one am glad that a company like Speedway steps up to the plate with viable alternatives at reasonable prices. It's the best of the free enterprise system at work. Like it or not, it's still the best system in the world.

Bob

6. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

...and I'm tired of shitty responses like this. You don't like the thread, move on.

I just thought I'd post this up for other guys to see. I've always liked wishbones cause I think that they look better, but a part of me thinks that I also like them better cause somewhere in the back of my mind I know that they're original parts and you can't beat cleaning up original parts and putting them back into service.

7. Matts right on this one. Speedys modus operandi is to get a product in their system before repopping them offshore. As noted these have been offered by two other suppliers currently. My bet is that for now, Speedway is buying the US ones with the Mongolian ones soon to follow when they get production up (provided sales warrant it;))

8. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

some of you need to open the link before you reply. the plain ones are $299.99 the drilled ones are $329.99 and they fit a 2 1/4" boss.

-danny

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I fully understand the stigma associated with Speedway because of various things that have gone on under their name, and for that matter tend to look very closely at what I'm buying from them. A FACT about Speedway, though: Not everything they sell is made in China. They carry several brands/manufacturer's that are made right in the USA. Posies springs is the perfect example. In fact, I think if you really go through their inventory of parts and manufacturers,you will find that there is a lot of stuff in their catalog that is sorced in the US.

As for these "split bones"... maybe they are made in China, maybe they aren't. Either way, thanks to Zombie Hot Rod for letting us know. I think it's good to know there are options if you find yourself in a pinch and need some right away and/or need some that are not pitted or are questionable in strength... I think feedback from the users will be key with these.

In the mean time, bones from swaps will be okay for me. I would like to hear the feedback on these either way. Just for my own personal reference.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  10. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Speedway is teh new CCI catalog,,,soon the whole damn thing will be like Garanimals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garanimals

but hey ,,all those who like em please buy them up,,leaves more used parts for me

11. adam401

adam401

The more repops sell, the more origional parts for me. Thats how it works, right?

12. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

You do know that PSI made new split bones in the 60s? They quit because they didn't sell.

13. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I'll stick to the real deal...

14. lorodz

lorodz

nice ...wheres the pictures of your car ..

15. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Of course I meant that. Amazingly I can type faster than I think. That sucks considering I type with 2 fingers like a typical yahoo. And I've been doing alignments for 20 years now!:eek:

16. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

I have been on the tour of speedway and they have quite the manufacturing plant in house. Just gotta know what your buying from any place. Some people buy, some people build.....

17. thehardway

thehardway
    from Missouri

I have been to speedway and toured their plant, They do alot of in house, They also offer and sell most US made counter parts to the china parts they sell...It is just cheap ass people don't want to spend the money on the US made stuff...So before you keep bitching about a company that has been in business over 50 years. maybe you should stop and think about where you shop.....I'll bet it is the same place everyone shops...Walmart!!!.......everything they sell comes from over seas, from your toilet paper to your big screen!!!.....So soak on that for awhile. And think about how stupid you sound trying to run down the worlds oldest and biggest speed shop...If I buy somthing from speedway and am not happy with it. I send it back and go spend more money on the better stuff.....You get what you pay for.....this whole free country bullshit is just that. Bullshit!!!.....everything I have, I payed for...none of it was free...
    just my 2 cents......goodluck!!