Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Lady from Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by The Huntress, Sep 27, 2009.

1. The Huntress

The Huntress

My husband is a custom car builder. Our first date was to Sears in his 1960 Sunliner to look for carpet for a car show. After we were married, we built several cars. My husband & own Eddies Rods and Customs. Together with my husband, I helped build my 1966 Chevy Caprice (The Huntress). I helped with alot of the tear down and re-assembly, interior and wiring. This car is now owned by Tony Stewart. My husband got on this site and really enjoys it. He mentioned many lady hodrodders are on it as well so I thought I'd join. One of my biggest pet peaves is when people think women don't know cars. I have nice nails and it bugs me when people think I don't work on the cars with my husband. When I have time, I help whenever I can.

2. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois!

3. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

Huntress - Sounds like we have a lot in common. If you're ever in KS, look us up!

4. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Welcome to the hamb.

5. 33Master_Eagle

33Master_Eagle

It is nice to have another woman on here that has the bug and passion of cars, we just move to Va. from Fountain, Co (miss it there terribly) will be back there in two years. But I know what you mean most people don't understand that some women actually love cars and know what there talking about. Come join the social group call Ladies of HAMB, you will meet many like minded women that are great.:D Welcome!!

Steph

6. Marcia

Marcia

Welcome at the HAMB board, from Maine.

7. Wolf J. Flywheel

Wolf J. Flywheel

Welcome to the HAMB, from the Great Lake State.

8. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Welcome. The HAMB is a family affair, but I got to warn you, it's addicting too !

9. Ghost28

Ghost28

Welcome from east aurora coloRODo. Your gonna like it here...John

10. The Huntress

The Huntress

Fountain Co itself is getting so crowded. More and more military coming in. You missed the first snow on the Peak though. Very pretty. Thank you for your welcome message.

11. The Huntress

The Huntress

Well, my husband just informed me that we'll be in Salina next year for the Leadslead Spectacular. We were there a couple of years ago-I am so not used to that humidity. Maybe we'll get to meet!

12. LeDevil

LeDevil

Your car was in Lowrider a bit ago wasn't it? Welcome aboard from another newb :cool:

13. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

That would be great! Salina should be an incredible show next year. It's always a fun one. We'll have to compare notes and go get our nails done.;) No matter how hard you are working in the shop, you should always look like a lady.

14. nwaringa

nwaringa

Hard to find a better back drop for car shots than Colorado. Welcome from another Colorado newbie.

15. 5756r

5756r

Right on Steph!! We here in Norfolk have s een some of the Lady Rodders.....A huge welcome to The Huntress! Post some pics in your album, poke fun at those who "don't gett it" and for Pete's sake, keep on Hamb'n!!!!

16. The Huntress

The Huntress

You have a good memory. Yes, the Caprice was in Lowrider in 2003. The same year the car was the cover car on Custom Rodder.

17. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

nice to have another lady on here!! do you still have the '60 starliner... i LOVE those beauties!! welcome!!
    ~Baby

18. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Welcome from SoCal!

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Always liked that '66...but then again, most of Eddie's cars are killer...can I assume you helped on all of them...

Good to have you here...were you with Eddie at Ron's party over the weekend...???

R-

20. Bob Nebraska

Bob Nebraska
    from Nebraska

Hmmmm....So you work on cars, and help with rebuilds....I might have heard about your husband....Does he go by the nick-name of "Lucky" ? Welcome aboard

21. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

All my friends call me lucky cause I got the best girl out there,She's put up with me for 24 years !!!

22. The Huntress

The Huntress

Sorry to say we do not have the Starliner anymore. We got rid of that right after we got married 24 years ago. I do, however, have a 1961 Sunliner that will be built for me sometime in the future (near, I hope).

Love the tattoo, by the way! I have three, going for four!

Take care.

Alisa

23. The Huntress

The Huntress

No, he just feels "lucky" to have had me for 24 years! Since I work outside of the home, I do not get to help him like I used to. I do not mind getting greasy and have even fallen asleep under a car while he was working on it.

Take care!

24. The Huntress

The Huntress

Hi, there. Yes I had a hand in helping with all of Eddie's cars. Don't get much time to do that anymore since my job keeps me extremely busy. I was with Eddie at Ron's party. It was a very nice turnout. It was our first time invited and hopefully won't be our last.

Nice talking to you.

Alisa

25. chopdtop

chopdtop

I know your husband!
    Didn't he have a real A**hole working for him a long time ago who drove a little chopped truck? I think that A**hole is on here.. goes by the name of.. chopdtop.:rolleyes:

I try and avoid this chopdtop character as much as I can, but he goes everywhere I go.:p

26. Deu55

Deu55

Hey welcome from Aussie...Rod

27. lugnut48

lugnut48
    from Colorado

Welcome, it's nice to see some more of the colorado folks getin out there and havin fun with the vintage tin... :cool:

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What the hell you talkin' 'bout, Shane...??? We're all out here havin' fun with cars...'ceptin' YOU...you sure ain't been around much this summer...!!!

R-

29. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from the Springs