Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slow night in the ordinance office

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeremy Shay, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

Don't give the ticket back, the dog ate it. The reason she's coming back to get the other copys is that she's getting in trouble from her higher ups for giving you the wrong copy, and she's covering her ass. If you think you're gonna get good treatment for giving her back her copys think again.

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

There's been more than enough advice of all kinds given on this and I ain't offering more. Just posting so I'll be subscribed to this thread to be able to read what happens.
    Dave

3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

I understand your point four-thirteen but are you obligated to help them fine you? If you gave the copies back to her, then chose to fight it, do you think the judge would take into account the fact that the officer screwed up and you were kind enough to help her out, do the right thing, been honest, and lower the fine? I doubt it. They work within the law. Legaly, they would have you, even though you did the right thing, and still fine the crap out of you. There's no law that says you have to help them screw the crap out of you. In fact, isn't there one that states exactly the opposite? The 5th amendment or something?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  4. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

No you have Constitutional Rights against that,,as was stated earlier.

5. Two things-

Hell hath no fury, like a woman (cop) scorned. She will get you back in spades.

If you put a price on your integrity, would it be $190? Just something to think about.

6. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

I am going to have to agree with HOTROB.............honesty
    is the key and it always works out. That is a "real mans" thing to do.

7. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

have a video camera on you at all times because she will break the law to cover her ass or one of the other cops she is banging

8. Truckedup

Truckedup

I agree with the twp previous posts..........If or when she returns,do try and reason with her if you can. Being she fucked up,your nice attitude ,she might give you a "Get out of Jail Free card" to use on a later date.

9. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Yeah, I stated it also but you would have had to read past the first sentence of my post. If you did read the whole post and didn't catch it, last two sentences were sarcasim. Next time I'll throw a "DUH!" at the end of it as a guide.

10. Jeremy Shay

Jeremy Shay
    from Las Vegas

*RESULT*

No Officer, I just dont know where it is...
    Miffed, Where's the car?
    Not here
    Frustrated, How are you going to take care of this

I'll just go pay it...its on record, right?
    Yeah....wait here.
    15 minutes in the car, *knock*
    "Here's your new ticket, this is what you should have got"
    Thanks!:p

11. RacerRick

RacerRick

What is the new ticket? Unless she cut you a big break, I would fight it.

If she just wrote you out a new ticket on a car that wasn't at that location, and she has no information on...she just broke the law. She will have to go to court and lie about it to cover her ass.

My dad is a retired cop and his response was "She screwed up, and should just admit it and move on."

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

take it to court and let her do the explaining..chances are it will get thrown out..I'd take my chances with the judge,, what do you have to prove? nothin' if hes a stand up guy hes going to throw it out..and if she lies, let her incriminate herself in front of the judge...not a good look for a cop.

and its bullshit to write another ticket post- facto..your car wasnt illegally parked at the moment she came back to write a second ticket..man there aint no second tries at that kinda shit..is there?
    I'd be talking to someone who knows the law..a lawyer friend, or just go see how bad your county needs you 190 bucks and see if the judge is going to stoop so low as to break their own laws..sounds like bullshit to me

I think its aploy to see if you will just lay down and pay it to get her ass out of hot water..i wouldnt give her the glory, its a matter of pricipal with me..you fucked up bitch you dont get a second try..did she give you a chance..a warning? No..

dont roll over for this

13. Damn, didn't see that move coming. Hard not to dislike cops sometimes.

14. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It sounds like she's in trouble and trying her best to make it your problem. Take it to court!......I had a sheriff's deputy issue me a speeding ticket for 50mph in a 50mph zone. When I pointed out to him I hadn't broken the law he scribbled over it to make it a 60 in a 50. Had to go to court twice, he was a no show both times, judge threw it out. Good luck but remember, right isn't always right where black robes are concerned. Sadly, this is only one story of many from a law abiding citizen.

15. I think she is in big trouble now.... Kinda blows the whole theory that she has to account for every ticket number.

What information could she have put on the ticket? Car make, license plate number etc... if it wasn't there?
    Don't wait until it is time to pay the ticket. Go to the Chief of Police, Sheriff or whom ever the top dog of that agency is now and calmly present your case on this last ticket.

16. John B

John B

If you don't fight for your rights, then don't be upset when no one else will either.

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep..Word^

maybe even get your lawyer fees paid for too..go for the throat..they do

im sorry but that cop is a disgrace to the uniform..they are to uphold the law, and protect and serve..not break the law and make it up as they go..more like " to intimidate and extort"

18. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Now I'd fight hard, just out of principle! She give you a duplicate ticket for your "crime", or a new ticket? New ticket for no offense is big-time illegal

19. Jeremy Shay

Jeremy Shay
    from Las Vegas

new ticket...back dated

20. I wonder what would happen if you showed her superiors the original ticket with all the copies and the new one?

21. shock

shock

Hire a Lawyer.....you should be able to find one to take this on for free......sue for whatever you can......call the tv news channel they will love this story.

PS go to the Police station and calmly ask to speak with officer dumbshits sargent,
    I'm quite sure he or she would rather settle this without much fuss.

22. 61TBird

61TBird

Pay for it with a post-dated check....:rolleyes:

Set a court date and contest the citation.

"Back dating" a ticket is wrong on many levels.
    Can you imagine a cop knocking on your door,handing you a ticket and saying "I saw you Speeding/Running a light/Stop sign last week,so here's your ticket.
    And as for the PD being on the "lookout" for you if you win the case...that's called Harrassment.

Go here NOW;
    http://www.freeadvice.com/

23. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Dude, I cant believe what I'm reading.
    The cop is missing a ticket. They are numbered. Now she has a sequential ticket missing, and one back dated? WTF!!
    I'd only go near the cop shop with a COPY of the first ticket.
    Let a lawyer do it even better.
    You just got your rims and a paint job.
    They'res alot of "sea lawyers" here but you got some solid advice here.

24. You really need to find out if the first ticket exists in their records or not. If it does, you're kinda screwed. If it doesn't exist, then yes, fight it. But if the new ticket has all the same vehicle information, etc. on it, then chances are she was able to pull it up on a computer and it is in the system.

25. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

Just don't let the dog crap in the front yard..... cop comes back,,, Ohhhh
    there it is.......

Roach

26. Truckedup

Truckedup

Yes,isn't that how a "traffic camera ticket" works?,you get a ticket at a later date?
    Seems pretty unfair,the cop was sloppy. But the car was originally parked illegal,the first ticket got messsed up,new one issued.Most traffic tickets are violations,not criminal,whole different set of rules.But I'm just another Jail house lawyer like the rest of you!:D

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this whole thing is wrong in so many ways..all of it L.E.O.'s problem..lawyer up, and make um squirm..criminal or violation it doesnt matter, its the pricipals of her game ,and they are all wrong..we do have rights , and rules..they gotta follow them too..but they wont if you dont push for your rights..
    what she has done is unaceptable, and for those officers who uphold the law and take their oath seriously she is making a mockery of the badge..a good lawyer and a "real" judge will not put up with this type of "make it up as you go along " game.

post dated violation to make up for a blatent loss of a ticket all of it under her doing?..nahhh i dont think so...Fail!, bad idea bitch..way to cover up shit and hope for the best..i know other people who play life like this..tell em to bite yer ass

dont be shy..get the news involved..embarass the shit out of them..publicity on wrong doings is one way to keep them in check..always been told..question authority
    you never know you(or the local news) might end up digging up other fuckups the department has done, or she has done too...

that there my friend is a blatent abuse of power, so she doesnt have to face the music of her mistakes in life or job..I dont think so..welcome to reality honey

28. Yeah, a lawyer would know if you're screwed or not right away. Every time I've had to use one it saved me about half what it would have cost to pay the ticket, so it's probably worth the money.

29. So when a cop makes a clerical error, it makes up for you breaking the law? Don't you guys call for blood when a drug dealer gets off in court when a cop miss-files a report or makes a similar mistake?

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yes..but thats how it works..and if they fuck up on something like that..thats how it goes..no it doesnt make the wrong doing correct, but we are supposed to have rights,and those are the rules . shows they need to work on their job skills a bit too dont it?
    I cant keep fucking up at my job and expect to keep it..yet they do so very often. lately its been the "criminal justice system" where they only GAF about your rights when you have broken the law..kinda backwards, but you have to fight for the right.

I had a ticket thrown out..for the wrong location on the ticket..and you know what the judge said?..the cop should have done a better job!..dissssssmissed!

they take an oath to uphold our laws and know our rights..too bad they forget the second one so easily these days, and the only thing that keeps em in check is those of us who wont get pushed around because of fear tactics

i refuse to be intimidated by someone who is working for me. especially if it was their fuck up that has them in hot water..yeah maybe he parked wrong and deserved a ticket, but if she cant do her job right are we supposed to spoon feed her until she gets it right? ..no, its a learning experiance and thats what the judge should tell her(do a better job next time)..too many people get the "Do-Over" card way too often..it breeds contempt..and lazyness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.