Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 years between sunshine...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Oct 4, 2009.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I also want to add that several other people were trying to buy the car after we made our deal and even went back several times to offer more money that we had agreed upon but she stayed true to her word and held the car for me. What a long ride. This all started in May....

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Kick ass Scoob! :D

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Thanks homey. I'm gonna have to stay outside with it for a while cause my smile is too big to get through the door and back into the house.

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Awesome, can't wait to see her broadside.

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Yea, make sure the car is safe and sound before your wife shoots you. We wouldn't want the car to sit outside for years after your dead. Ha. I've hidden a car for a couple months in my 2 car garage attatched to the house, and I have a trailer that I bought last winter in a storage yard that she's never seen. Good luck to ya. Macaroni and Spam aren't all that bad.

6. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

Congrats on the new ride, looks awesome. Can't wait to see some more pics. Hell I can't wait till spring to see it at a show.

I am glad the woman came through for you and held the price agreed upon.

7. Mart

Mart

I stopped reading at this point to breathe a sigh of relief.. Well done scoob.

Carry on.

8. autobilly

autobilly

"...I have a chopped and channeled 1936 Ford hot rod sitting in my driveway."
    Congratulations!

9. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Cool.. Glad to read that you got the Car..

10. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stand up lady. Congratulations.

11. studematt

studematt

Bad ass. Did u get it?

12. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

Congrats on a rare find. Bye the way, How much do you think your wife will want for it after she shoots you???...........LOL

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Read up a few posts.

Congrats, unclescooby! One hell of a cool '36 - can't wait to see more photos...

Malcolm

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

The rain won't seem to stop....

Attached Files:

15. Man that is one cool car!

16. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Congrats ,"You Did Good !"..........Z.

17. S.F.

S.F.

Fuck yeah< thats tits!!!!!!!!!!

18. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Got a little information on it too. Always here in Indy. Used to run around the South Side and hang out a service station at Troy and Meridian streets. Got a few contacts of some of those guys that might have more information. My friend Kenny in Shelbyville said he thinks it was at Metz' shop for the chop too. They worked next door for 30 years or so. Both shops are about 20 minutes from here. Still trying to get more history on it.

19. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

That car is more than cool. Glad it worked out for you

20. Oh man that's cool!

21. wvenfield

wvenfield

Damn, stop your complaining. LOL

22. that is too cool.. Congratulations man.. i'm glad to hear the good woman stuck to her word..

23. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Way to cool. Congrats!

24. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

wow.......

25. volken65

volken65

hey, think about it this way, mother nature is giving it a FREE wash for you.

Congrats on the find.

26. lowlife matt

lowlife matt

That thing is a straight up time capsule! I'm floored! You have to drag it to Hunnert this weekend, I have to see it in person. I got this guy down the road from me. Hes got around 8 to 10 various 50s ford cars and a slue of parts and junk just rotting away in his yard. Calls himself a collector and wont get rid of any of it. Some people have all the luck. Amazing find congrats.

27. 63Compact

63Compact

Awesome find glad it worked out.

28. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I wish I could take it to the Pile-Up but I have to work aaaaaall weekend. In fact, as long as I own this car, I'll be working pretty much all the time! I'd love to see it parked next to Django's coupe for some pictures. That was the first car I thought of when I found this one. Dying to find the history on it. Getting ready to try calling the first name she gave me. Then I have drink beer in the driveway with the neighbors for a while so we can stand around talking about it.

When I had the car loaded up, I asked Donna if she was sure that she wasn't going to miss it. She said "I never really cared for this car actually". I said "WHY NOT???". She answered, "well, the only time I ever rode in it was the time the brakes went out in downtown Indianapolis and he still drove it all the way home with me in it. I thought that car would kill me." Turns out, that's the last time ANYONE ever drove it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  29. Dont ya just dig that feelin' ya get in a situation like this...enjoy the buzz man...an outstanding car :D

30. ...I gotta recount this fable to my mates over here...show em the picks...they are going to shit I tell ya !