Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A build ( First time build)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xmacx, Aug 24, 2009.

1. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Alright this is my first full build done by mostly myself with some help from my father. He told me after we cut it out of about a quarter mile out of the woods that if i got it done and running i would have accomplished something. So piece by piece i have begun to put this next to a barn find back together. I am def learning a lot about what it takes to put a car like this together on this build. I would def like to hear some input and opinions on my build good or bad. here are a few pics from the day my dad and I went to cut out my future car. I will update this as much as i can. Thanks for looking. Oh and these pictures are from my phone so i am sorry if they are a bit blurry i tried to fix them a bit.

-mac

Attached Files:

2. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

WOW Thats going to need a lot of work. Hope you got it cheap:D

3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Congrats on your first project.

It'll be a very cool build. Don't be afraid to ask questions as this board is a vast dictionary of knowledge. -Keep us updated-

4. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Have fun with it - looks like a fun project - there are tons of A parts out there

5. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

better go hit a couple 7-11's for cash flow bro ! ! just kiddin.....have fun with your build. lotts of help here on hamb. look at my album pic for help if you like

6. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

hey thanks and yes trust me i am learning it needs a lot so much is missing from brackets to sub frames. But thats part of the fun right haha.

7. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Here are some pics of the doors. I have had this car since winter and just now getting it up so i have some done. But here are the doors. I also have all new wood installed ( pics soon ). And I made a skeleton of the frame with my dad this weekend. I have started on the rear quarters at the moment. All of my time after i work at the tire store from 8 to 5 goes to this car i want to hope for The Hunnert Car Pileup next year.

Attached Files:

8. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Looks like you are getting a good start and the A Coupes are pretty simple and easy to work on. Good Luck and keep us posted.

9. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Dont be Scared,im not. Nice to see cars coming back to life from great vision and determination.

10. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

looks like you got a good start on it

11. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

thanks again everyone and i will def not give up i have wanted a coupe for years i think thats why i snatched the one i found up. No matter how ruff or whatever its perfect in my eyes. i have plans for channeling 4 inches. Possible chop but i will wait till i can sit in it to know since i am six feet seven inches tall so room is valuable haha. Um air ride on the back and suicide front end. I just want a nice good looking daily driver thats all i want. Thanks again for all the support the HAMB is the best site i have found for anything hot rod/ custom related.

12. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

13. Wow 6'7" and your going with a 30 Model A....you gonna be squeezed in that there car.:p

I'm 6'8" and have decided that there just isn't enough room in the 28-35 cars for me. Plus I want to run a 4 speed so I need the extra room for 3 pedals and my size 14 boots!!

Looks like a great project though...keep up the good work!!

14. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

haha 14 i have 15 and i am running a 4 speed in this car. Pain is beauty haha. I will start doing yoga now to get ready.

15. davidparker

davidparker

<P>Welcome to the madness!&nbsp; </P>

16. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

are you using factory front axle set up when you suicide it?

17. hvychvy

hvychvy

Congrats,keep up the good work.It'll be the funnest car you will ever have.Keep us posted.

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Good luck with the coupe and remember have fun building it! Looks like you will have to mount the pedals on the engine.:p:D A's are kinda tight as was said. Better leave the firewall alone!

19. elrobo818

elrobo818

have fun with that

20. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Good luck, it's gonna be a kool ride, looked like alot of work just to get it out of the woods.

21. bigsam63

bigsam63

Have fun with it,and good luck.

22. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

More updates!!!!!!! Come on man

23. pecker head

pecker head

24. Fenders

Fenders

Sub frames? You don't need no stinkin' sub frames... lookit my avatar.
    Nothing better than a 30 - 31 A coupe ... Go to it !!

25. I'd be mocking that body and frame up and sitting in it before I made the decision to channel, if I were you. My A tudor has a 4" chop and no channel, I'm under 6', and I'm still scrunched up a bit.

26. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Ok sorry its been awhile for the updates money has been a little tight so i am pretty much doing a lot of the little patch panel work that i can make myself. I put in the rear sub rails and trying to get money for the rear sub frame to complete the back half. I put the corner patches in wow what a headache talk about reproduction parts these things didnt line up a bit, but all in all they look fine now after a lot of pie cuts. My dad helped me brace up the doors so it wouldnt want to fall apart like it was doing haha. I am def ready to get this thing on the frame i need reasurance that something is actually getting done haha. Found a new motor also a 70s chevy straight six. got it so i could have the preasureized system for the oil. Um idk to start answering the questions and comments since i have last checked this Flynbrian yes it took longer to cut our way to the car than to actually carry it out not to mention the min we get it in the truck down comes the rain ha. And rockabillybassman i have always wanted a low daily driver my dads 29 sedan isnt channeled and i do still lean over in it but man it looks cool to me and trust me rain or shine this car will get driven daily and hard. I am still on the fence to chop it or not since i bought all new wood i am sure i will end up doing it but i will make it work with some home made seats that wont ride like crap. Thanks again everyone who has checked out my build its the first one on my own and i am having a blast i have already made plans for a completion tattoo of my baby in a half sleeve on my arm when i am done with it. So until next time keep in touch and i will do the same here are some pics of what i have done i will get the rest uploaded soon.

mac

Attached Files:

27. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Ohh one more thing if you wonder where all this is getting done at well here it is my little hole in the wall its the back part of my dads shop. Part storage, part cat hang out, part work area. It does the job for me and i couldnt be happier with what i have. Thanks again guys and or gals.

mac

[​IMG]

28. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

looks good man keep up the good work

29. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

Nice lookin build. Keep the good stuff coming.

30. PoPo

PoPo

I like it man. I have a similar project, it'll be another year or so till i get it out and start patching it together.