Register now to get rid of these ads!

Allan Kimball has passed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onlychevrolets, Oct 4, 2009.

1. cartcoupe36

cartcoupe36
    from Acworth GA

sorry for the loss of a good friend, and god bless the family for there loss.

2. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

So sorry for your loss. Prayin' for all left behind.

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I met you through Alan...remember we hung out and ate hamburgers at the photo shoot in Powder Springs . I still can't believe it, he ALWAYS put his family and friends before himself. I wish I could be more like that. I'm going to miss him , he was the club WILDMAN.

4. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Thought's and prayer's go out to the family , Mr and Mrs. Kimball, Billy and the girls. I've known this family for many years and they have always been a close racing/hot rod family.

I couldn't believe it when I got the call and is still hard to believe. I remebered riding around with Alan at the NSRA deep south mini nationals in Birmingham Ala. in the late 70's in a model A tudor.

I'm glad to have known him , he will be missed by many.

5. cbsales

cbsales

I still can't believe it. Thursday AM Oct. 1st, Alan called and said his transmission was acting funny and he was on Hwy 5 Bill Arp. I picked up his car on my rollback and we took it to his house. As we unloaded it Alan decided to do test runs/ burnouts up and down the road.
    chuck barnett

6. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

here are the details.

Rosehaven at 8640 Rose Ave , Douglasville 770-942-4246. She said visitation will be Wed 3-9pm and funeral service Thurs at 2pm. Alan will be buried at Mozley Memorial Gardens.

7. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Thank's for passing the detail's on.

8. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  9. Ummgawa

Ummgawa

This is my first post and a shame it has to be here. I have known the Kimballs since the 60's. Betty and William (always known as Mr. and Mrs. Kimball to me) are two of the finest people you could ever meet and I do not say that litely. Mr. Kimball is the most original car dude I have ever met and 95% of what I have learned about building cars/suspension/welding/fabricating I learned in the basement over on East Anderson drive. Alan's brother Billy was my best friend through middle and high school,and, I tell ya, that dude can drive a car and build one too. Still can.

At the funeral, Billy did a heck of a job holding it all together. It's what a man does for his parents. Such good people and such a tremendous loss for them all. Alan will be missed by his mother, who treated me like her very own son while I was growing up. His Dad, well, lets say he was proud of Alan's accomplishments automotively and otherwise will miss him greatly.

Billy has lost his brother too. He grieves for his Mom and his Dad. Its what good sons and friends do. Me? I grieve for his folks, kids, and friends. The Kimball's lives are so imprinted on my life so I grieve too.

10. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Prayers from san francisco bay area! I will raise him up at bible study tonight.