Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage #19 Sneak Peek!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Aug 13, 2009.

1. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

o.k jesse you are now doubt THE MAN, cool cars, cool bikes, cool tools and now a cool mag. how do i become you or your new son?

2. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Well...I can't get the mag in Canada (that's Canada, not Canadia), so I went to So Cal to pick a copy up. It probably cost me about 3 grand to get it...Ok, it was a family holiday. We took a plane for a week's holidays to So Cal to lots of tourist traps. Disneyland and San Deigo zoo were OK, Seaworld in SD sucked... I hate seeing animals made to do tricks for humans. Mission Beach and Huntington Beach rocked! Was gonna get to WWC and Cisco burgers but did not make it. I'm suprised I did not see many Hot Rods, customs, lowriders, on the roads in So Cal. Maybe on my next hoildays there I will get to some car type places.
    Anyways the new issue of Garage is great! ...even if it did cost me about 3 grand!

3. lolife

lolife

Heh, that's funny. How would you become Larry, Moe, or Curly? You can't. Be someone original. People will like you, even if you don't use pomade, and wear a hat sideways.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  4. Save-On Foods will bring it in for you, seeing as Jimmy Pattison, also owns Great Pacific News, the magazine wholesale distributor in BC ;)

5. Yes, I would be Don, formerly of "Hell Racing", damn I miss working on those T/F HD's.

6. I flew from Dubai, U.A.E. to Nor Cal a couple weeks ago to pick up Garage I think I beat you.

7. #19 rocked. Loved the 55 Chevy and those chicks are unbelievable. Tryin to laminate a copy for the shower if ya know what I mean. I think Jessie's bikes, rods and customs are some of the best around. They are clean, old school and original ideas....not copy cats of everyone else. And that shop is fuckin badass!!! I got the privledge of seeing the facility in Long Beach a few years ago. I'm hoping to get to Austin some day...

8. iluvcarparts

iluvcarparts
    from socal

Megan,your time has come! Lord have mercy!;)

9. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

2 months ago and the issue still hasn't hit shelves in Vermont...

10. mikeyfrombc

mikeyfrombc

what save-on are you getting them at Donny ?? 207th or 227th ??

11. They probably screwed up the distribution there too. I still can't get any copies, 'cos my distributor got skipped over.

12. Jeff J

Jeff J

looking Good Megan !!!

13. marcoman

marcoman

Wow, so who was the guy that took them pretty pictures? So familiar....lol! Thanks again for the gig Jesse.
    ~M~
    :D

14. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Yea You took some Rad pic's! except I took this pic fucker! You can see me laying down in the reflection in the door...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  15. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Just got to read the whole mag... it's Fantastic!!!

the 55 looks Rad too!!

16. robotKing

robotKing

Spent a cold, rainy morning searching for an issue of Garage Magazine. So bummed that I couldn't find it, I bought a subscription.

Austin Speed Shop should have its own TV show. I'd zombie out to that. Maybe online so there's no corporate filtering. The work that comes out of that place... sheesh. I gotta see how its done.

17. BLAKE

BLAKE

I was blown away by how awesomely cool the people in the 'The Family' section were... just incredible!

18. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Jesse, I am in Costa Mesa and cant find the mag anywhere. Who do ya have to be to get ahold of an issue???

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  19. PSB

PSB

Killer photos Thanks

20. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

The store at West Coast Choppers has the New issue. Also has back issues for sale....

[​IMG]

21. Number 19 raised the bar...awesome issue

22. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Cool, I suppose I will have to ride out to get a mag and a buger while I am there.

23. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Garage Gals Do what?

<object width="1220" height="691">

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=7106083&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00ADEF&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="1220" height="691"></object>

24. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I would like to get this one I will have to see where they are on this coast. I don't get out much but does anyone know if they carry this at Barnes & Nobles ?

25. Albertson's on Collins & Tustin in Orange has it.

26. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I fell ass backwards into my first issue at a 7-11. Glad I bought it...subscribed and am lovin' every issue.

27. mofles

mofles
    from Long Beach

Great video

I have one question
    Is that the skate park in san pedro? Looks familiar

28. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Yep Channel St. Pedro...

[​IMG]

29. Now this I gotta see fineshed I love Econolines and A-100's they are pure bad ass.

30. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Went down to the shop this past sat, picked up my issue, got a burger and then stopped by Roscoe's for some chicken and waffles...mmmmm

P.S. Who the hell owns all those cars lined up outside !?!?!?!!? Call me!