Register now to get rid of these ads!

barn find "little monster" (new york guy's help) Pic's update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JustplainJ, Jun 13, 2009.

1. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

Merkonic, cool pic's..... I don't think that is the same car though.
    thanks for posting.

2. [​IMG]

My father started the Valley Stream Pacers Hot Rod Club in 1955 and used to attend the Rod Snapper Car Shows. This photo of The Pacers Club Car was taken at the show on 5-25-1957. Pacers also ran at Westhampton and all the local tracks such as Islip, Roosevelt Raceway, Freedomland, etc. throughout the 50's & 60's. Oddly enough, the Pacers AA/A tribute car is located in AZ as well. If you need any help with details, feel free to contact us [email protected].

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    catdad49 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

Pacers Auto, please show your dad this thread.....
    thanks.

4. I definitely will. He will most likely remember it. You know the Gianinni's are still around too. They are listed on the Islip race slip that you posted. I saw both of them at a reunion last year. I will be with Dennis Quitoni and Billy Lynch tomorrow. Both of them were big drag racers on LI.

Here's another photo of The Pacers Club Coupe: [​IMG]

5. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Damn cool car!! I wouldn't mind having the oval window baja bug either.

6. I showed my dad the thread. He thought it was pretty cool. He didn't remember the car, but he did remember the Rod Snapper shows. The Snizek & Dodge Roadster was also in those shows. -Scott

Here's a shot of it at the show:
    [​IMG]

7. I'm so happy for the Little Monster! That car must be sooooo happy to be breathing and snorting again. Your a good caretaker justplainj!

Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

8. rustyhood

rustyhood

That was an amazing find and story, no matter what you decide to do with that history on wheels...John Breens name will stay alive through that awesome rod he originally built. Awesome!!! thanks for sharing, Please post pics of what you do with this. I would love to see it come back to life.
    Dan

9. Tom.Sweden

Tom.Sweden
    from Sweden

You are a lucky man, to bad your selling it to a collector that probably will restore it, that would be like killing it, too many old hot rods are already restored, just keep it running like it did in the old times....Please update us how it goes so we know what the new owner is going to do with it.
    // Tom

10. Problem with a car like that; there's just too many things that would need corrected (by today's standards) to make it roadworthy. Take the exhaust. I remember that flex crap, it was leaky, did a little better after it rusted. Those old cut-outs like J.C.Whitney sold were leaky too. So what it amounts to is if I had it I'd have to rebuild it and make it mine. So much for history!

P.S.; Didn't mean to offend anyone, it's just that I think it needs to be in a museum or a private collection, driving it is not that practical.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This has been one of the most interesting threads in a long time. To me the beauty is that it fired right up and after minor refurbishing seems to run like a top. This would lead me to believe that it probably didn't have that much actual run/drive time on it. If it had of there would be carbon behind the rings and sludge buildup that tends to freeze everything in place when subjected to a prolonged sitting. I would venture to say that if it were run for awhile with a couple of oil changes with modern oil you could probably tear it down and it would look like new inside.
    I'm amused at how many are still calling it a barn find or any kind of find seeing that it spent most of its life in plain sight with possibly hundreds of people knowing about it. Oh well, if it were any different the drama that the HAMB is so known for would disolve into some kind of drab REALITY. If we find the current owner sells it for 1 million there will be someone come on and tell us it's worth 2/3 times that.:eek::cool::D Very cool car, it doesn't need any artificial enhancement, verbal or printed. When that happens it sounds like a bunch of high school girls speculating on the cock size of the latest rock star.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. this car is awesome!!!

13. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

i read on another thread that this was for sale at gnrs. anyone get a price?

14. Is that a 35 ford pickup grill?

15. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

yes I believe it is 35-36

16. 067chevy

067chevy

Damn thats cool. What a find. I don't care for the 36 ford truck grill on it.

17. I just picked up 10 "little books" at an antique shop for $20 and one of them is the December '61 Speed and Custom with an article on the coupe in it.

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I believe the car is currently in the classifies.......

19. I saw it at gnrs but did not notice any for sale signage. I was pretty blown away by the whole deal though. The car rules.

20. olskool34

olskool34

try 50k, still like it as much?

21. Too rich for my blood, but so is most stuff!

22. METSHAPER

METSHAPER
    from SOCAL

yea as a matter of fact I do! if I had the money I would own this car...
    east coast car with this much history are so rare or for any car of this period
    to have this much documentation it's like winning the lotto!
    to the right person the Little Monster is worth every penny and more.
    Just wish it was me!

23. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

i love that car, love the stance

if i had the money id buy it in a second

24. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Jim,

Did you ever get a Rod Snappers plaque for it .....

[​IMG]

and if the car has been sold, where did it go?

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    catdad49 likes this.
  25. 454navyss

454navyss

cool car, i'd like to know more about it

26. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

no I haven't gotten a plaque yet..... still for sale. are you selling the one in pic?

27. What's the status on the car now... other than it being for sale?

Driven it?

28. that thing isooooo cool. how did i miss this thread?

29. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Just like the original owner's family not suspecting all the treasures that were given with the car just to grossly compound the profits. Sad the original buyer didn't buy it to treasure it like the sellers were led to believe.

30. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

wtf?????