Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally She's home! ('56 Ford)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stephen67, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Stephen67

Stephen67

Well, after SEVEN months she finally made it home today. When I first bought her she was trapped in snow, then in June when I finally managed to get up to her, it wouldn't fit on the trailer. Thankfully the guy I bought it from was extremely helpful and honest. He let it stay there until I could get it down, he offered to bring it down to me for the price of gas. He also removed the bed and compressor, which weigh about 9,000#s together. It was too much weight to bring down, would have cost me about $1500 if I wanted to keep them, and I'd be taking them off anyways so it worked out.

The first things that need to be done are putting the rear duallies on, getting rid of the oxidation on the paint so it's red and not orange, doing a neat touch to the rear window (I'll make a topic for that, I like the idea a lot... ) I'll have to get a new fuel pump as the original one leaks like a siv (am I right in thinking the 390 FE pumps work on a 272? I thought I read that somewhere)
    Later down the line I think I'll make her a 4x4. I'll either swap the whole chassis or shorten this chassis and swap out the axels.

The jerk who stole my air filter also got the button for the 2-speed rear end. I don't know if I am in low gear or not, I have 5.-- and 8.--... first gear was sooo low I couldn't go more than 4 miles an hour.
    Also hard to turn, might just be because of the size of the truck, but that will be addressed.
    Added bonus', it was serviced before it was sold (it worked in a gold mine for 50 years and was garaged all that time, hence why it has ZERO rust), new bearings and all that jazz ^_^
    So pics!

A lot less intimating without that bed and compressor on the back! Not my F-250 next to it, but gives you an idea. The 600 is taller.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oxidized much?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remember when I said Zero rust? Dirty, paint's pealing, dented, but ZERO rust, ANYWHERE.
    [​IMG]

And no air filter... grrr
    [​IMG]

The chrome is almost flawless
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yep, she should be a lot of fun!
    She'll have a step-side bed (long), and be painted crimson, probably a candy candy apple red over gold, or original red. She will also be modded a bit, I'm planning on doing it a bit like it was a truck that was customized around '66 or so.
    So yep, woohoo! About time!

2. moontanker

moontanker
    from tn.

I love that thing .Drive it man...:cool:

3. Stephen67

Stephen67

lol thanks ^_^

I cleaned the oxidation up a bit and made some of the cracks in the double pane glass look a bit more interesting.

Already had offers and people taking her picture ^_^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]