Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from spain

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by theraspa, Sep 30, 2009.

1. theraspa

theraspa
    from Spain

Hello.

Well, first... sorry for my English.

I am a 29 year old Spanish, love full of hot rods, unfortunately in my country in 1936 broke out civil war, the postwar years until the late 60s, so the golden age of the automobile step length, and there just cars of the 30 to 60.

Last month found a post in this forum, (Tech: Build your own 32 frame rails) I decided to finally realize my dream from 0, do not have any piece of any car of that time, the few cars that are the years 30 did not have anything to do with the Americans, are smaller and less powerful.

In my country there is another problem, is illegal to drive a homemade car, homologated for the road is impossible unless you give a car builder's license, which is expensive and very complicated.

For these reasons it will be complicated to manufacture, while I believe that with your help will get it

Bye

bye

Hola.
    Bueno lo primero pedir perdon por mi ingles.
    Soy un español de 29 años enamorado por completo de los hot rods, lamentablemente en mi pais en 1936 estallo una guera civil que duro varios años, la postguerra duro muchos años hasta finales de los años 60, por lo que la edad de oro del automobil paso de largo, y no hay apenas coches de los años 30 hasta los 60.
    Gracias a un post de este foro (Tech: Build your own 32 frame rails) me he decidido por fin a realizar mi sueño desde 0, no dispongo de ninguna pieza de ningun coche de esa epoca, aparte los pocos coches que hay de los años 30 no tienen nada que ver con los americanos, son mas pequeños y poco potentes, no hay ni un V8 como mucho hay 6 cilindros en linea.
    En mi pais hay otro problema, y es que es ilegal conducir un coche fabricado en casa, es imposible homologarlo para carretera a no ser que te den una licencia de constructor de vehiculos, lo cual es caro y muy complicado.
    Por todo esto va a ser dificil el matrializar mi sueño, espero que con vuestra ayuda lo consiga.
    bye

2. oz40

oz40

Hola.
    Great to see you here.
    Love the Spanish and Mexican cultures.
    You will have many friends shortly in the hotrodding culture.
    There is the European Street Rod Association and many smaller groups and clubs in Europe, so check out their sites.
    oz40

3. 440shawn

440shawn

Hola! Welcome from Illinois!!

4. H.A.M.B. Bienvenidos Usted!

5. theraspa

theraspa
    from Spain

Hola a todos.

I will begin documenting the manufacture of the car, now I'm with the plans of the real size chassis.

6. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

¡Hola! ¡Dé la bienvenida de TEJAS, EEUU!

7. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

Hola! y bienvenidos a la Hamb! Estoy seguro de que va a hacer muchos amigos aquí, como estás determinación es alto.

8. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

Welcome from Colorado!

9. Welcome to the HAMB from Hank in Pennsylvania USA

10. theraspa

theraspa
    from Spain

11. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hello from Scotland.
    Are you allowed to import pre built hot rods into Spain from the U.S. or other parts of Europe?I know U.K. built rods are sometimes exported to other parts of Europe to get around laws like this.

12. 5756r

5756r

Hello from Norfolk, Virginia!!! I'm with Mark H. A friend of mine bought almost all of the parts he needed, built his hot rod, then a buddy of mine "sent him" a car with a title. It worked out great, because, it was a crate full of imported car parts that the guy in Italy could sell! Ahhhhh yes, we Hot Rodders are always thinking around the law!!!! Keep us informed and never, ever, for any reason...give up on a dream!! I assure you, no one here will give up on you. You can also call Scott at Beach Hot Rods in Virginia, his phone number is (757) 802-9205 and he can steer you into the right, original parts at less than eBay prices!

13. Señor X

Señor X
    from Spain

14. hookandbook

hookandbook

Hey all you Spaniards!

I just got back from spending 3 weeks in Spain and didn't see one hot Rod while I was there. I missed that show in Barcelona by a week. If I could move away and leave my life I would end up in Spain.

Good luck with your project. post some pictures.

15. Chocolate George

Chocolate George
    from So.Sx, UK

Welcome from England! Spain has some cool cars & clubs - Templars, Razzlers, Atomics. We're gonna head on down to the Riverside show next May to check out the Spanish scene. Choco G - Roaches CC

16. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal