Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harvey's Broiler Razed Illegally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

these are from Adriene...power is on and one photo from last saturday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

The lights look dreamy.

3. Effin Wise Guy

Effin Wise Guy
    from TX

i got chlils when i saw the pics...too bad i live in tx would love to be there....hope whomever attends has a blast!

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Jim gave Adriene & I the heads up that the lights were on, Adriene was there when they were testing out the interior lights on Monday. We didn't know that these were on till Monday eve when Jim called to tell us. I couldn't drive down, but I'd have loved to! I haven't seen those lights on in nearly 9yrs! It was great to even see one of the neon letters out, just like the Johnie's days!
    Guys The Broiler is back and she's better than ever! The power of the HAMB strikes again! Only a couple more weeks to go and I'll be eating burgers with you guys under the car hop canopy.
    The Wednesday cruise will start the following wednesday after the doors open. Grand Opening TBA. Stay Tuned!

Great Pix John & Adriene, and a Big Thank You to Mazooma-Doug for posting!

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Tables are in, booths are locked down,gas is on, next water and final electrical,then fire inspection and training begins!:D
    Still have to put that Bob's Disc up though;)

Bad Bob, Ck back following the 3rd week of this month, we're working on that time frame

We're almost @ 100k in views!
    CK

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Any pics to post Kevin? I'm dying to see the progress on this ikon of US social history.

When I bring my family back to LA for a visit, this place will be a must to see, especially on a cruise-night night.

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I haven't had the chance to take any. Adriene took the LIGHTS ON! shot. What a trooper! I'll try to make on down again Fri-Sat. Very hard to do when I'm waiting for Quickies to get done being CNC'd :).

9. Gaters

Gaters

I graduated in 82 out of Downey High School. We used to hang out after the football games at the old McDonald's (which is another historical spot that almost lost out to "progress") off Florence. Johnnie's was open back then but wasn't the cool spot for teenagers. The Broiler was kinda greasy from what I can recall. I am glad to see it back in its glory. Maybe the "Bob's" Broiler will change the new generations minds and keep that place in business for future generations to enjoy. I know the HAMBers will keep it on the places to cruise.

Can't wait to see er all done.

Hey! did anyone think of a HAMB time capsule?? Hurry before they poor the driveway!!!! Would Ryan stamp out a Broilers HAMB plaque to commemorate the event and bury one of them.

Gaters -

10. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

more photos from Adriene......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

13. 64sled

64sled

Thanks guy's nice pictures

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The Blasters, wow, I got my ass beaten during one of their shows, they just kept playing, probably one of hundreds of rumbles they've seen over the years.

15. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Pictures look great. Thanks for posting them Doug.
    Here is me and Denise rollin in on the cruise from George's

[​IMG]

I went to the Bob's in Orange last night. The place was packed and we had to wait 15 min. to get a seat, at 6:00 on a Thursday night. They opened on August 9th and are always busy. I've been told that the wait is as much as 1 hour on Friday and Saturday nights.

I don't think Jim has too much to worry about whether this place will be busy or not. :D

16. 55oldsrocket

55oldsrocket
    from Santa Ana

a little update.

Our company is scheduled to start work on the parking lot, we are demo-ing the existing lot tomorrow, and paving on tuesday, so next time you see it will have new asphalt!!

thanks to kevin for putting me in contact w the correct people, i was able to bother the general contractor until they gave me the job. As a car guy this job means alot.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It doesn't get any better then HAMB Networking! Congrats bud. I'm looking forward to doing a burnout in Big Olds on that asphalt next summer.:D

18. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thanks for posting the pictures...can't wait for this to open....party!

19. Adriene

Adriene

All the event photos are from John. (I'm just the messenger who converted them, thanks for posting all those, Doug.)

Our webmaster Adrian at JohniesBroiler.net will be posting his event pix soon:

http://www.johniesbroiler.net/gallery_6/pages/f08.htm

Spent the morning at the Broiler, the dining booths have all been installed -- it looks great! Landscaping's in progress. Gee...it won't be long now!

20. shit like this makes me murderious.

21. oh wow, posted to quick , didn't see the last posts, wow, some times things do work out.

22. ChrisDP

ChrisDP

That was a good show, aside from the fact that you almost lost an ear Mike Tyson style.

23. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

24. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

You're welcome,
    You guys are kicking Assetts! They have the lot all smoothed out and ready to go. Next, some new asphalt! They even left some areas that were there from the start. Great job so far:D

Hope to see you park on the surface that you laid cruising in with that Olds when were up and serving.

25. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]
    Miss A's N Dave.

The above is in OCT 2K2 We've come a long way![​IMG]
    <TABLE class=tborder id=post4401104 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4401104 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid">

[​IMG]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Now I feel Old! & 7 yrs later.

Mazooma, It's easy to copy and paste, I just can't attach ;).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

You posted a photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

27. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

This is my favorite shot of the Car Hop area. New ones on its way!

[​IMG]