Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saw this at lunch today......Is it worth $16,000....?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love it or hate it, if you add up every nut & bolt plus the time it takes to build it, you can't build it for that kind of money. Just the way it is...

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

I don't care what anyone says, you can not duplicate that car for less than 16 g's.Not glass, and definitely not steel.

3. Fenders

Fenders

Plastic Model A's never look like the real thing.
    Sure it has $16K in in it.
    So what?

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's probably not worth 16K in today's market at the tail end of roadster season.

If you can get it for a right price you can drive it and not be afraid to drive it for a couple of years and probably get most of your money or more back if the economy recovers. I checked the adds in the Seattle paper a minute ago 16K today buys a Fusion that would loose better than 1/4 of it's purchase price as soon as all four tires hit the street.

I checked hotrod Hotline and 16K won't get you much in the world of Model A's at least the ones they have listed http://www.hotrodhotline.com/classifieds/classifieds.php?a=5&b=173&page=2 There are a few nice ones on there for under 30k though.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. I'd say no, I don't do fiberglass. Maybe you could get it cheap and CHUCK the body and bolt on a real one.

6. smarg

smarg

That guy needs to step away from the bong cause that thing ain't worth that.

7. alexelchingon

alexelchingon

im not into fiberglass but if i think about it, im building a 27 roadster and ive added up how much dough ive got into it(real steel holyfield body, deuce rails,olds 324 eng w/nicson dual quad, wilco trans adapter, saginaw 4 speed, dropped i beam etc, etc etc)...ive got about 10k into it that ive spent over the years and it is still far from running..so 16k doesnt sound that bad if you really like it...

8. F&J

F&J

Nice recipe :)...VERY nice

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I wouldn't pay that much for it, but it's a fair price.

10. Travis

Travis

When you go there and actually look at some of the cars up close that are going for big bucks, there's bondo/lead cracks. Some cars are real wavy or doors don't fit whatsoever.
    Those are not necessarily the cars shown on ESPN.

11. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

12. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Yep go for it and paint it later if it still bugs the shit out of you.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Frankly, this car isn't even relevant to this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.