Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage MN (and surrounding): 3rd Annual Bull Bash - Sat. Oct 3rd!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bull, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Bull

Bull

It's my birthday on October 3rd and close to the end of the car season here in the frozen north, so its time for the 3rd annual Bull Bash. We did this a couple years ago to celebrate my 30th birthday and it's become an annual get together at our place. So come on over for good eats, nice cars and a bonfire.

Where: 9840 42nd St. NE, St. Michael, MN 55376 (PM me for directions if you need 'em)
    Date: Saturday, October 3rd
    Time: 2:00 PM - ?
    What we will provide: Our famous chili, pulled pork, corn bread and any other assorted goodness we whip up. We'll also have some soft drinks hand.
    What to bring: Side dish to share (not required but appreciated), your adult beverage of choice, a lawn chair and your ride (if you haven't put 'em away for the season yet!).

Hope some of you can make it! It's a blast and a good way to get fired up for the Hunnert Car Pile-up the following Saturday!

[​IMG]

2. Bull

Bull

Less than 3 weeks away! We've sent out about 100 personal invites through Facebook and Evite and will be posting it on another local message board. Good response so far. Hopefully we'll have a good crew and lots of cars here. Can't wait!

3. Bull

Bull

Two weeks from today!

4. all though i wont be there in person,i will be wearing my bull bash t shirt on the 3rd :)

5. Bull

Bull

:cool: I've been getting lots of requests for more shirts this year. While it's just not in the cards this year, maybe I'll have a new design and more shirts next year. Maybe a design incorporating both of my Model A . . . as I'm hoping they'll both be finished next year!

6. Bull

Bull

This just in . . . we now have a great reason to celebrate! I finally landed a job with a company I've been going after for awhile now. I'll be joining Wizards Products (www.wizardsproducts.com) on October 12th helping them with inside sales and heading up their marketing efforts. I'm really stoked! :)

7. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'll be there even though I never got a Bull Bash shirt :( .... does someone have one I can wear .......

Doug

8. I seen your Car today Bull. Looks pretty bitchin

9. Bull

Bull

The party is coming up this Saturday. We're going out today to buy all the ingredients for the chili. So who's coming out? :)

10. sinks88

sinks88

Im a bit new to this and the Bull Bash, Where or what kind of location is this event located on? Fields, Streets, someones home?

11. Bull

Bull

It's a gathering of people at my home. Usually quite a few people there. Lots of car people. Some non-car people. Everyone is welcome. Usually a few nice cars . . . and hopefully lots more. Titus has been throwing a party like this for years that attracts quite a few people here in MN. I've been throwing mine for only a couple years now. And it grows every year.

Hope to see you there!

12. sinks88

sinks88

sounds like it could be some fun!

13. Bull

Bull

Could be fun? Definitely will be fun! ;)

14. Bull

Bull

More good news . . . I was able to score 7 cases of Leinenkugel's beer for the party!

15. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Mrs Jalopy and I will be there latter in the day.

We are having a pre race get together at noon for our oldest daughter from Fort Bragg NC who is running the Twin City Marathon along with my brother and his wife.

16. Have a Happy Birthday! Gotta pull the OT shift, Homecoming at the college.

17. I sure wish I could make it butI get to go to a country wedding in Westconsin. :rolleyes: Oh boy!!! Much more fun than a Bull Bash!!:(

18. Bull

Bull

Two days away!

General directions for those who have not been to our house:
    From 94 take the St. Michael exit
    Head toward St. Michael on MN-241 West
    Go through town passing by the Corner Bar and the church at Co. Rd. 19
    Once you've crossed Co. Rd. 19 take your 2nd right onto Co. Rd. 119 - just past the elementary school
    Once on Co. Rd. 119 take your 3rd left onto Jansen Ave.
    We're the first house on the left.
    Its a tan house that backs up to the pond and stream on the corner of 42nd St. and Jansen Ave.

19. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Will the beer be cold or 'hot' ?????

I'll be there with something older than '64 (other than my wife) later in the evening. Can't wait !!

Doug

20. Motoboy

Motoboy

We will be there! Beer will be cold and teh fire will be warm. Should be enough wood for a fire all day.

21. Bull

Bull

LOL . . . I serve a guy warm beer one time and he never lets it go! I assure you, the beer will be frosty cold!

Tomorrow is the day! We're about to start prepping the chili soon. MMMMMM . . . chili! :)

22. Bull

Bull

Yee haw . . . the day is here! And despite what the weatherman says, Bull Bash is still on! Lots of hot chili and cold beer to be had. We'll just build a bigger bonfire!

23. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

I got my Bull Bash shirt on, out here on the West Coast. Happy Birthday! I will have a beer for you with my lunch. Enjoy your day.

24. Bull

Bull

:)

Bull Bash Burner chili is hot and ready, beer is on ice and the bonfire is lit!

25. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

wow you start the fires early back there, I thought that was more of a night time thing? have a good time!

26. Bull

Bull

It was in the 40's for highs today. The fire was out of necessity! I started it at 1 PM and was still sitting by it with the last of the party people at 2 AM. :)

27. Bull

Bull

What a great party! The cool weather and drizzle didn't seem to dampen the spirits at all. By my count we had 60 people here throughout the day. We served 5 gallons of chili and 12 lbs of pulled pork among the other goodies that folks brought. Definitely another fun Bull Bash. Can't wait till next year!

28. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Bull, it was a great time ! Thanks again !!

29. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Mrs Jalopy and I had a great time. Looking forward to next year. And hopefully the 54 will be there also ( if life does not get in the way )