Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Anyone ever seen the movie Dueces Wild?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Newbomb Turk, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0231448/

Pretty good movie about 50's street gangs in Brooklyn. Lotsa cool 40's and 50's cars and a pretty good movie to boot IMO. I don't remember it coming out in 2002 though. Critics musta panned it. I just found it on my cable on demand free movies section. Most of the stuff sucks on there but this was good. Great cast too.

2. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I remember it coming out in theaters. I really wanted to see it, but never got the opportunity. I bought it on dvd though. It's a great movie. Most of the "movie critics" on here will prolly cast it off with Grease, and The Wanderers though. It helped that Fairuza Balk was in it. There's something about that woman that just gets me.

3. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Yup, she's hot IMO.

4. yes i have seen that movie with malcom from malcom in the middle, it was a good flick

5. 3onthetree

3onthetree

My buddy and I went to see it in the theater, it was pretty cool. I also have it on DVD, I've watched it about 5 times!

6. it was in and out of the theaters in a few months, not much calling for a greaser/gang movie in the early 2000's...
    good movie nevertheless

7. skunx1964

skunx1964

normaly id agree with you, but i dont think she looked right in the vintage getup. dunno, just didnt do it for me. but i thought the movie was real good

8. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

That movie is on Rotten Tomatoes' 100 Worst Movies of all time list. I think it's number 30, check it out. I disagree, though. A little melodramatic at times, yes, but it's a good cult flick with decent acting and a great cast- Leon, (played by Stephen Dorff,) was a classic greaser tough guy.

9. I just watched it after seeing this post. Same cable system as Mr Turk. Pretty decent acting and storyline. Good movie for a cold rainy evening.

10. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

You're welcome. :D

11. wishihad147

wishihad147
    from delaware

I own it. love movies that take place in the city in the 50s. lots of cool cars in the backround.

12. I'm still waiting for "Deuce of spades" from our own "highboy girl".

13. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

90 minutes of my life i will never get back.

14. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I think I just saw that movie listed on my *On Demand* function through Comcast Cable.........thanks for the reviews...it sounds like it's worth a look!

CB

15. WAAAAAAAY over-acted! Too much drama-for-nothing going on! Wanderers,Lords of Flatbush,American Graffitti,Porkys,Grease! There's better movies out there...Even Streets of Fire,is better than that POS!

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks. ;):D

Malcolm

17. roddinron

roddinron

18. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Sorry. I thought that movie was terrible... Every aspect of it...

19. OLLIN

OLLIN

the fight scene.. LOL

I do have to say the soundtrack was pretty good though, and I dont mind seeing Drea de Matteo in Lingerie either ;)