Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cen*cal hamb meet 10 03 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRUGASM, Sep 25, 2009.

1. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

the grill is a charchol grill, i figured i could just get a couple of those big ass bags at costco.

2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

BTW Rick thats a sweet ass avatar you got there,....where did you take that one? and who is that handome, athletic man walkin thru?

3. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

And why is he walking while everyone else is in their cars??:D

4. spook498

spook498

Well, I wont be able to make it. I have duty this weekend, and cant get out of it without a good excuse, like, I lost a limb....:(

But I am going to go to the HAMB drags at Eagle Field.:cool:

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ok...how about a THURSDAY bump for anyone cruisin the boards? Got the EDSEL runnin last night...this will be her big unveiling. Bad distrbutor took about 45min to trouble shoot and replace....I think I am gonna get it chromed and hang it in the garage now. Got the car super cheap coz the PO thought it had broken the timing chain...that little dizzy saved me about 1/2 price on the car.

SO ILL BE THERE IN MY OLD CAR,......WHO ELSE?!?

6. INKed

INKed

Congrats on getting your car running..

7. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

I will be going around 1, My kid has soccer. I wont have a cool ride, I will be in my honda or maybe my 66 f250. I ried to look thru all the posts to see what I should bring but it is so muddy I gave up. Can we make a copy and paste list so I know what I should bring. I will bring more if needed, just want to start it off
    ------------------------------------------------
    Things people are bringing

Chaco-Himself and guacamole, bag of corn chips, 2lbs chicken to Q

8. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Drew -- linguica links, couple o'brewski's, mustard, maybe a tri tip or something to grill up (stopping at richwood on the way out).

9. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

I'm going to bring some Asada, some drinks and was thinking about having the wife bake some brownies.

10. INKed

INKed

I can bring hot dogs and buns, chips , sodas and a cake…

11. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

SlickRick83- bring the Q, some asada, and my mom and dad are bring some potato salad and a pot of spanish rice. oh yeah and im bring some drinks.

12. I added some pics today so those of you that have never been there can get an idea whats available. BTW, the name of the park was changed a couple of years ago to Veterans Park, that is what is on the sign out front so don't think you are in the wrong place. Most of the locals still call it Castle Park and most of us still refer to Castle Airport as "the Base" so bare with us. If you are coming from 99 take the Buhach off ramp and go toward Castle you can't miss it at Bellevue and Buhach. See Ya...

Attached Files:

13. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Looks like Jim is ready....thanks for the pics. I can hardly wait....gotta get a battery for it tonight.

Jim youre bringing the wagon, right?

14. Oppy

Oppy

So I'm out of La Grange, should be able to make it by 1 or so. I will just bring drink's, as will have already ate at my morning mission. See ya there.

15. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

ALRIGHT GUYS.....Ricky doesnt get off work till like 1....so the grill wont be there till 1. Dont rush over at noon and expect the party to be jumping. I think we will all kinda trickle in between 1 and 2. I know Benny works till 2, too.

Battery is in, timing is still off a little bit but its all tuning now.

16. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Nicki and I are going to bring a cake, some burgers and hot links, bread for said protien and some drinks. I'll throw some chairs and our tables in the truck as well as our little EZ-up. I think Mom (aka-Rustybunnie aka-Mrs.Rustygem aka-the hostess with the mostest) was talking about makin' some chili too!

17. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Boy you guys are killing me and the wife on the late start.:(. We will be there around 1 ish but we will not be able to stay very long , Our grandson is racing sprint cars and they have a race in stockton saturday ,, But we are looking forward to meeting up . see ya there

18. F'ing merced guys always screwing with the time...... come on guys get your shit together..

19. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

^ Says the Atwater guy who lives around the corner from the park. You'll have to let the car run in your driveway to let it get up to running temperature you are so close.

Ill be there by noon-ish now. Grandparents stepped up and will be watching baby so I can get a little earlier start.

BUMP for the weekenders...who else will make it?

20. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

It looks like Nicki and I will be there about noon as well and I think a few other guys were talking about heading out around then. So for the outa towners there will be a few of us out at the park about noon, you won't be able to miss Dru's Edsel and my funky old '72 Ford work truck.

21. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Ok I'm going to give this thing one last bump, today at the park guys and girls, be there or um.....don't.

22. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

One more for the morning guys

23. low49

low49
    from 209and408

had a good time

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

today was good....how about some pictures? i know RUSTYGEM and EVIL1 had cameras out there.

25. Thanks to all who made it out to Atwater today...

Attached Files:

26. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Just to name a few,....EVIL1, Stanman, CHACO, INKed, RustyGem, low49, DRUGASM, Used Up Junk, Slickrick83, SapienKustom, VonChivo, Pops29, Oppy (from Coulterville...think thats how you spell it), The Busted Rubbers CC from Merced, Stormin Normin with the Bantam, Bennie Sr, Uncle Mike and the other Sapiens, Jeremy, Jenna and Nikki, Fernandos friend Sherwood (i think that was his name), and anyone else who made it out.

If I forgot you I apologize but I think that was most of the crew. There were wives and girlfriends there too....and all the kids.

Nice turn out. Levi got there early and got us a nice spot by the park for the kids. Also fought off all the BMX-ers from the track. Apparently it was some kind of national race day and the park was packed with BMX riders, their campers, and tents.

Good day....showed up at noon and hung out till at least 630 or 7. For all those who didnt make it you missed out. For those who did thanks.

And if you lost a chair PM Levi...hes got it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  27. sorry i have no extra chair... here's more pic's

Attached Files:

28. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Thanks for putting this together, I had a good time.

29. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I have the lost chair, shoot me a PM and we'll set up the cash drop for the ransom. We had a lot of fun today and met some really great people, thanks to all who came and a big thanks to Rick for dragging the tow behind grill out. Let's do this again sometime guys and gals! Later, Roger

30. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

[​IMG]
    I don't even wanna ask Bennie......