Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

2. SundayNiaga- do you remember seeing the '57 Jr. Stocker "In-Bomber"? ...or did you take any pictures? Always trying to track down photos of the car from the '68/'69 NHRA events.
    -Dean

3. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

4. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

That one doesn't ring a bell, but ya never know what I might remember once the rust clears.

5. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Please excuse me, if this issue has been covered, as I am jumping around this thread. Manarina Olds was driven by Jim Proefrock. Don Ranks also ran an Olds, but not this car.

Mark

6. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Again, please excuse me if this issue has been covered, but last I heard a few years ago, Pete Magel-aka-"The Maggot" still has his Stude. At the time I spoke with him, he was living in Clarence NY.
    Mark

7. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

I'll have to look and see if I have a shot of that car. You could try adding 716 to those phone numbers and see what you get. AFAK, he hasn't moved.

Mark

8. Bob Rice

Bob Rice

I don't think I've posted these before.

Attached Files:

9. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

Congrats to Bobby Warren on the induction.... He's done a lot of racing and a bunch of winning for a very long time, a very deserving man.

Attached Files:

10. Anyone know what happened to the "Top Cat" black '57 210 hardtop?
    -Dean

11. Bob Rice

Bob Rice

Mr. Bobby sold it to Bud Rowe who also had a '57 sedan delivery at the time. Bud then sold it to Mickey McLawhorn who painted it a pale green and renamed it the "Boozer". Don't know what happened to it after that.
    Bob Rice

12. Has anyone ever heard of a 57 Chevy drag car called "Bourkes Law"? It was dark blue with Cragars and I'm pretty sure it had a white top. Since I stumbled on this thread I've been looking for the one picture I have that I took of it at an indoor car show when I was a kid in the late 60's / early 70's. I think the show was at the Asbury Park building on the boardwalk in NJ but could have been at Atlantic City. All I remember is lots of white angel hair around all the cars. I always wondered what became of that car.

13. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

Just for the record. The "Jolly Green Giant" was a '57 4 dr. wagon owned by the Gunning Bros. (Jack & Ken). I drove the McMaster & Nelson red 4 dr. hardtop the last half of the '68 season after we sold our wagon and won the Div. 1 stock eliminator title in that car. In '69 that car became the McMaster & Gunning car that I repainted blue, white & orange till it was retired in "71.
    Ken

14. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

And a great-looking car it was.

[​IMG]

In the pits @ Englishtown, Spring 71

15. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

I saw the error. Just didn't get a chance to correct it.

Mark

16. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

Oh, what memories! More to come in July. Darwin Doll

17. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Last I heard, Ted Hartman is alive and well and still living in Salamanca NY.

Mark

18. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

19. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

Darwin, Methinks this would be the perr-fect avatar for you to use on this thread ...

Attached Files:

20. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

I really like it, but it is not the original NED logo. I will find one and we will get it posted. Thanks for the suggestion. Best to everyone.

21. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

I'll second that motion. Gotta have an original!

Mark

22. Head NED

Head NED
    from York, PA

How about this group of stellar Junior Stockers? The Gunning Brothers, Bennett &
    Sirianni, Jack Worrell, George Cureton, Alex Jarrell, Nate Cohen, Frank Iaconio,
    Joe Delorenzo, John Archambault, Joe Dougherty, Jerry Fowler, Krutz & Calderhead,
    Wayne Jesel, Wheatley Brothers, Lou Cuviello, Ed & Jim Franks, Terry Clark, Bill
    Izykowski, Larry Lombardo, George Supinski, Norm Fryer, Loyed Woodland, Ann
    Toews, Tony Pizzi, and we could go on. Pretty impressive group, some have left
    us too early. If we missed anyone, it certainly wasn't intentional, just a few off
    the top of the old lid!

23. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

I wonder if the board Admin could make this thread a sticky?

24. Bob Rice

Bob Rice

Please excuse me if I have posted any of these before. Is that a Stude in the 2nd picture?

Attached Files:

25. Jim.Biron

Jim.Biron

Anyone have any info on the "Turner Bros.", Division 1. I seem to remember they hung it up when they "outlawed" 4 speeds in 57 Chevys? What year was that again????

26. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

4 speeds were outlawed in 1970.

27. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

Didn't MOPAR have something to do with that?

28. Best get permission from the soap salesman in Glendora first or face some sort of legal threat.

29. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

yes sir.

30. The Patrick Bros. and Tension team stopped racing when the ban on 4spd's came. I think "Good-In-Tension" was initially tried out with a 3spd but couldn't keep up. The "In-Bomber" is coming back to our shop within the next few days, where I will start on lettering and finishing the interior. Pics to follow soon...
    -Dean