Register now to get rid of these ads!

History cool mountain find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barslazyr, Sep 29, 2009.

1. barslazyr

barslazyr

I found this 32 chev 4 door this weekend when I was up getting my coupe.
    I an trying to find out the local history behind it. It was used by two brothers.

2. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Man thats a cool find you gonna drag that one out too?

3. barslazyr

barslazyr

Yes i hope to but I cant get a trailer up to where it is. Need to find enough friends to help load it into the back of our pick up

4. lorodz

lorodz

nice find...good luck carrying it out of the woods...lol

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow that's cool. clean that thing up and display it. really cool.

6. barslazyr

barslazyr

Thinking of trading for parts for the coupe. If nothing else the doors are coming home for sure.

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

Grab it all. There is a bunch of chevy guys that could use those parts, right here on the hamb...John

8. barslazyr

barslazyr

If I can get it loaded it will all come home, but it will have to be lifted with strong backs and weak minds lol.

9. bigs merc

bigs merc

Sweet find. The remaining paint looks coll too. Hard to believe that it was new at one point in time.

10. shit, shame it's so far, i'd help. oh be smart about it. get some 2x4s or 2x6s and place it on them then have your friends lift the front up and back the truck up , if done right with 2-3 people behind the car all you have to do is back up and the car will almost load it's self, might only take 4 people including you to to this.
    i've done it with 3 (including me) , so far it's worked for 3 bodys and 2 frames with my long bed dodge1500. oh and make sure it's strait on and level when you do it , don't want it just falling over, lol and watch out how far and fast you back up, don't want it just fallon on the roof or comming down on yours, just takes common sence and friends with brains enough to guide you as you back up.

11. barslazyr

barslazyr

Thanks for the 2x advice never thought of going it that way, the friends that i will take want to save the old iron so they use there heads most of the time I will keep you posted on the save and hopefully get some history on it to post as well

12. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

13. Ghost28

Ghost28

With all the wood rotted, It will prolly come out in pieces anyway. Just be careful And you can get it all...John

14. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Can't weigh too much. If only two of you can make it, take the doors off to lighten the load.
    Shit, if I came upon that and it were mine for the taking, I'd figure a way to get it in the truck bed myself(!!!), even if I had to spend 2 hours cribbing it with blocks until it was high enough to slide into the truck!

15. roddinron

roddinron

I don't usually feel this way, but that's one "patina" I wouldn't mess with.

16. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

thats what my truck started life as.

17. mink

mink
    from CT

Take a dolly and change the wheels to rubber air filled one an place underthe cowl. and pick it up in the rear . Should be very light. I pushed My 32 4 door body of my silverados bed and was able to manuever it very easily

I love to get some pictures of the inside if you get the chance

18. zzford

zzford

The weak minds won't be hard to find, they're EVERYWHERE!!!

19. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Could you take an atv and thread some 2x4's thru the body windows and set it on the four-wheeler and "hot rod" it out of the wilderness?
    It'd look funny as hell,but would save your back?

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I bet it crumbles into pieces once out of the dirt, since it's a chevy. Pretty bitchin though!!

21. thendrix

thendrix

How hard would it be to take the doors off and carry them seperate? Should shed a little weight that way. Just a thought.

22. tbucket34

tbucket34

So cool! You gotta keep the old paint its soo sweet!

23. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Gosh, yeah, it should be saved (especially if you get it free). But, my back has been out a solid month (today) from struggling with my '38 Plymouth. Bummer missing a MONTH of warm weather!

If you can't get at least one or two other guys to lend a hand, I'd go for the recip-saw and still get it, man. All I'm saying is its a good ifnd, but it's not worth winding up semi-disabled over.

24. Hello, I agree. Be careful. When I brought my 32 home, the body just about folded in half when we lifted it off the chassis. Cool find.

25. barslazyr

barslazyr

thanks for all the advice on getting this one out. if I cant get it out in one piece it will get taken apart. as far as rust that isn't a big concern the coupe that i brought home sat next to the creek and all that's rusted through is the gas tank. here is a few more pics of the car.