Register now to get rid of these ads!

odd ball powerplants.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblock225slant6, Sep 28, 2009.

1. building a rod hauler with a white's multifuel in it i snagged from a wrecked duce.

wondering aobut the rest of you, any of you guys and gals use the
    never used odd powerplants ? example: rambler flathead 6 flathead . lol

2. silversink

silversink

Heck ya I run a 214 International flathead 6

3. i have one, with the oilbath and the stromberg, good simple engine. reliable.

4. I see you found your thread...

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If you tag your threads you will find them easier......instead of getting in an uproar and throwing no respect.

6. pfft, what's the fun in that. what? your all sane calm headed peace loving quite people? don't act like you've never flown off the handle for no read before. .. or for the wrong reason. not evean giving me a chance to apoligise. real big of you.

7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i for one hope you post some pics of this build ive heard of these engines dont think ive seen one , and no i havent looked to hard for one either lol , ive got a home made roadster in an unfinished heap with a factory dual carb and split exhaust manifold buick 263 straight eight in it , if thats weird enough mill

8. squirrel

squirrel

My 1947 IH bulldozer still has it's original oddball powerplant, gasoline/diesel 318 ci 4 cyl, starts on gas, runs on diesel.

I bet there's a lot of veterans out there who can help you get than White running good

9. farna

farna

Just don't run the thing on gas much! They WILL run on gasoline with some adjustment (I forget exactly what, never messed with them much, and we always ran diesel) under the hood. The motorpool folks didn't like them run on gasoline because of accelerated wear. Like a lot of things, just because you can doesn't mean you should! The option was mainly for emergencies when diesel was in short supply. They run good on kerosene and JP-4 though!! But that's little more than "high grade diesel". But don't go putting it in your typical diesel...

10. Gerg

Gerg

I have one of those little oddball rambler motors in ..... guess what .... A RAMBLER! hopefully it will run when we try it in the next couple of weeks.

11. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

12. I have one of those flat head sixes in of all things my Nash, yeah nevermind that doesnt count:rolleyes:

13. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

A little off subject, but odd combo, I got a '94 Jeep YJ with a '91 5.9 cummins, it pulls about 7 seconds in 600 feet at local Mud Boggs here...