Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage alter boys show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimv, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Pete

Pete

JimV is the burn out king! You guys rule and certainly bring another level of excitement to the show.

Also....The Sin Alley Saints...those guys are a great bunch and really build some neat rides! The show wouldn't be the same without them.

We had a great turn out this year with perfect weather all day. We tried a different approach to the parking layout this year and got mixed results. We really do try and keep the real hot rods together. It's not that we hate billet or radials we just really like traditional hot rods. We basically want to park similar style cars together and this year we relaxed a bit to try the new arrangement....but next year.......we will have our hawk eyes on again.

What great time! All of the vendors did well and the pig roast kicked ass.

Pete-

2. Church Key

Church Key

[​IMG] Thanks to all the guys in the Alter Boys Club for putting on a great show. We brought our Fiat altered and Brad Studley brought his new dragster, plus a bare frame. We met a few guys from Maine out in parking lot, they had a T bodied altered and a dragster. They joined us for a nice display of vintage drag cars. We had such a great time and were treated so well, we will be back next year. Word is... there are going to be more drag cars there next year. Thanks again guys.

3. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

I liked the new parking arrangement. From the perspective of taking pictures I liked it too. I also thought it was a good ideal to scatter the vendors along the entire area.

Rebecca

4. flatoz

flatoz

Thanks all for posting , I always look forward to seeing pictures from this event. looks like a few nailhead powered cars there.

5. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

This was a grate show. Can't waite till next year ,You guys do a good job.

6. Jimv

Jimv

I hate to say it but i have to back off on the burn outs!! I think that was my last.I keep ripping the batwind for my hairpin off the rear end.Got home & saw a small puddle of oil on the floor, I'll have to reweld it again.
    JimV
    PS well maybe one more next year!!lol

7. Pete

Pete

Rebbecca,
    I spoke to most of the vendors from last year, took the feedback and changed the layout. I spoke to most of them yesterday again and they were much happier.

Church....

Love those rails and all the noise they made driving in, thanks for bringing them for everyone to see. I am seriously thinking of buying a frame from Brad and building a rail.....

Pete-

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

HAha, I had my red flannel on later too!

9. Pete

Pete

Had Don Fearon do some lettering on the coupe. He spent most of the day doing it.......I dig it!

Pete-

Attached Files:

10. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Yup, it looks really good on there!

11. Sanders

Sanders

lol, he looks like a character. Great show and nice cars!

12. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

that 55 in the first post of this thread has got to be my favorite car of all time. awesome attention to detail everywhere you look at that car.

13. geage

geage

I am so pissed .Ive been searching for bigfoot for years in the woods around where I live , Im always just a little to late, and here he is at the meet and greet. while I'm locked in the damn porta potty, [ go figure]

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I haven't stopped laughing at this pic.

Jim looks like that 80 year old guy that came out of the Amvets Post...

"you frikin kids with those Hot Rods...you wonna piece of this...it's a good thing I got my grandson with me, to hold me back!!":D

15. pompadour

pompadour

I put some picts up on my website and in a couple days I will have a write up of the show.. www.piecrustmagazine.com

16. Jimv

Jimv

Next year i'll be the one Tom is poking with the stick!!lol
    jimV

17. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

hahaha...I'm there for you gramps!:D

18. Jimv

Jimv

Everyone knows thats italian this is the typical pose for "What" , but to a whop NY its "what the fucks your problem" pose!!
    Jimv
    PS don';t flatter yourself, be happy with trying to pass yourself off as my SON, grandson, don't think so!! You have more grayhair.lolololol

19. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

"Blue, Youre my boy, Blue!!"

[​IMG]

20. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

WOW , Jim Is that you next year ? Keith you just never change. Will we see you at the next bass pro ? I like to watch you eat the chilli dogs

21. 51box

51box
    from MA

ChurchKey your car is so bitchen, I look forward to seeing it slamin gears at epping every nostalgia day. Whats the story on those rails that are being built? What are they certified for?

22. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

hey, Jim I love your new look.

23. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Hey! That's my noggin stickin' up over the roof of that coupe. Under the tent, peddling my wares. Thanks to everyone that bought somethin' & screw the rest of ya! :p

24. Outstanding pictures.. Thanks again Alter Boys for damn good show!! Never a let down waiting a whole year for the day to come.. .. and thanks Pete for the kind words.. We should have a couple more builds done for next year too.. For some reason We all get hit with the drunk bat anywhere between 8 and 9pm... I think I owe Hampton Inn a new coffee maker, maybe a new chair..

25. A totally excellent show folks.
    Had a great time,hated to leave early but I had the baby sitting drill to do.
    Thank you Alter Boys (and girls) for a great time.

Disgustin

26. adam401

adam401

I think I owe Hampton Inn a new parking lot. My car leaked so much gas oil and 600W gear oil I'm just waitin for fuckin Green Peace to start a picket line in front of my house:D

27. Oh my God that's hilarious!
    Where'd my coffee go?
    I've never been in a HAMB group photo without a coffee.

28. Pete

Pete

There was some funky shit happnin' in the Hampton Inn lot.....freaks come out at night!

What the hell was the story with "hit me in the balls" game at the bar?????

Pete-

29. Jimv

Jimv

thanks for swapping the red lites for me!!
    JimV

30. Very cool. So many great looking traditional hot rods all in one place. Thanks for sharing!