Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hill Country 100 by the Barons.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SandMan, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I hope you guys are having fun today!!!!

Im broke down in the garage.

-Jason

2. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Just got home and, safe to say, the Yay-Hoos had a blast. Weather was perfect and so was the company. Thanks to the Barons for being such great hosts.

Pictures and more stories to come later...

3. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

I tagged along with the Yay Hoos today and had a blast! Thanks to the Barons for the great time.....won't miss it again! Oh, and David Lee Roth kicks on top of a tug bucket can result in tragedy!!

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Oh how I wish that was on video... dumbass! hahahaha

5. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Thanks Barons for the great time Saturday. Long day but well worth it.

6. BLAKE

BLAKE

Damn, that was fun but I'm wore out!

Big thanks to the Barons for puttin' on yet another helluva fun event... still going thru my pics, but here's a few:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BLAKE

BLAKE

...and a few more - good times!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Crease

Crease

You Yay-hoos are an absolute blast! This show would have NEVER been the same with out you guys and gals. You are all are just top notch, class act, folks. We (Barons) have discussed this all many times, but you all just bring a really cool vibe to every show you attend. And I gotta say that the NATBLA Nationals were a blast! We're gonna buy Johnny a big "title belt"!

Always loved your car Mr. Ford! It was really coolin gettin to know ya! Make sure you consult with a certified civil engineer before hangin that best comp award!

As official Baron that heads this thing up every year, Marko will be hoppin on to do the official thank yous and list the award winners, but I do need to say thanks personally to a few folks. I don't know if any of the Lone Star Lords and Ladies are on here, but you guys are just awesome. It's great to have another group of like minded guys and gals in this town. We need to plan some junk yard runs in the future.

Casey, you are my frickin hero! Thank you for being such a huge supporter and more importantly just a really fun and talented guy!

Krupanut, thanks a ton for playin the show. You guys sounded better than ever! I've never actually seen folks gathered in the pavillion to listen to a band!

9. Madeleine

Madeleine

Looks like a great event! When we lived down there, I don't think we ever heard word one of it... pity!! Would've been a blast!!! We lived in San Antonio for 8 years!!

10. Crease

Crease

Buzzard (not in the pic) was teachin the kids how to play "Big Buck" at the bowling alley! :)

Attached Files:

11. Crease

Crease

This one was taken at the "golfing alley" as my son says...

Attached Files:

12. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Casey, you are my frickin hero! Thank you for being such a huge supporter and more importantly just a really fun and talented guy!

wow :cool: thanks Crease you guys are all a blast! I love hanging out with the Barron's
    and this is my favorite car show of the year! I would not miss it.

13. Moe

Moe

I agree with Casey 100% ... This was a good time ....
    The trophys were top-notch ... Very Nice !!!
    You guys that did not make it, ... missed out !!!! ...
    Good job guys !! ....:D

14. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Oh nice rub it in why dont you.:DGlad all yal had a blast

15. moter

moter

any more pics?

16. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I second that, anymore pictures?

17. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Thanks you guys! D.W. and I had an absolute blast as always. We really enjoy hanging out with all of you and hope to see you at DOTD and P&P.

Cheers
    Laura

18. Slonaker

Slonaker

My wife and I had a great time, and met a lot of nice folks. This was my first time taking my (deceased) father's car to a show after getting it back on the road, and the Barons made it a really special day for me. Many thanks to them.

Slonaker

19. johnny boracho

johnny boracho

A very big thanks to all that showed up, it is truely appreciated..jason, sorry we missed you.

Yay-hoos, as Crease mentioned above we always appreciate your participation and i think we will make the tug-o-bucket an official event next year.

Casey....where did you go, last i remember you took that shot of tire cleaner and you stumbled away sluring heavily!!

20. johnny boracho

johnny boracho

thanks, morgan...glad you made it out, it was good talking to you!!

Slonaker, congrats on getting the car back out on the road, it was nice to meet you and your wife!!

Im sure some pics will surface soon, i hope!!

21. Just standing in line behind everyone else here to chime in on the same chord, but it just has to be said again. A BIG THANKS to all the Barons for their efforts and work on putting this event together. Great event once again and looking forward to next year.

22. Thank you all for the kind words and as the guys have been saying it’s y’all that make us want to keep throwing this party on every year.
    Yay-Hoos came out in force and stepped up all levels of competition in the Valve Cover race and with Joyce behind the wheel of the Blindfolded Death race. Most important was how much fun they brought to the show. Thanks for bringing the Tug-O-Bucket event to the show, guna have to do that next year and just wait and see how the trophies will look for that one.
    Lone Star Lords & Ladies were well represented with a gang of cars rolling in together. What a seine to see them all roll in with Oscar being as discrete as he is. Man we love having you guys & gals join in the fun. As Chris said we all need to get together in SA for an outing. Expect a call in the near future as we have been discussing out next pillaging adventure and would love to include you all. Heck it just might be the bike thing you all do in SA. I loved showing up for that with Haven. My son kept asking me when we could do that again. You guys know how to have fun!
    I tried to acknowledge all the thanks at the show but there are so many people that make this show a good time it’s hard to get them all in there. Thanks for my Baron Brothers for chiming in and catching the folks I missed.
    Here are some of the results from what went down;

1) Best Custom- Clint with his 53 Ford.
    2) Best Traditional- Jack Buckman with his 30 Model A.
    3) Best Hot Rod- Gary Carter with his 30 Model A.
    4) Best Competition- Mark Ford with his 31 Model A.
    5) Best Rally car- Slonaker with his 37 Chevy.
    6) Barons Choice- John Spenser with his 51 Merc, look for this one in CK Deluxe soon.
    7) Most Supportive/Inspirational- Louie from RVG Old Cars. YOU ROCK!
    8) Valve Cover Race. 1st Kyra, 2nd Haven, 3rd Laura.
    8) Blindfolded Death Race. 1st Joyce & Blake, 2nd Mark Ford

We should have some great pic’s on the website soon and I will post the site again when they are all organized.
    Can’t say this enough but again Thank You all for making this a kick ass show! We, the Barons, are looking forward to seeing you all at the next event. If you see us stumbling around at a swap meet, show, or a taco shop stick your hand out and say howdy.

Sandman
    Barons
    SO Texas

23. 50Mike

50Mike

Thanks for everyone who came out. Sorry my stay was short lived this year do to some medical issues. Hope everyone had a great time. Means a lot to everyone that could make it out. See yall next year. Cheers!
    -mike

24. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Laura Grable was Mark Ford's copilot in the blindfolded death race. They were good.......but not good enough. :)

25. Nunzy

Nunzy

As a proud newest member of the Barons, I would like to thanks everyone for supporting this show. Seeing all of these comments makes all the hard work worth it. Thanks and see you next year!

26. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Laura rocked as co pilot for sure!

27. triton6972

triton6972

28. Slonaker

Slonaker

29. Backbone11

Backbone11

Ooops posted the wrong link. Try this one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMw9_bjNVHo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMw9_bjNVHo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

30. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Haha Rad! Thanks for capturing the MADNESS!