Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs THE Official "Show Your DeSoto" Thread...Cars, Not Just Grilles In Your Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

thinkin about putting a 50 merc grille in it...

Attached Files:

2. vendetta

vendetta

this started as a 31?sedan and was cut into a tow truck for a local garage.i saw the back of it poking out from behind a shed for a few years then one day dropped it to ask about it and ended up owning it.

Attached Files:

3. fifty8

fifty8

4. rusty55desoto

rusty55desoto
    from west oz

heres my ole girl waiting at longbeach for the trip to OZ, I photochopped the front roughly to lower it, the rear was way down with all the parts in the trunk, she's now in a zillion bits waiting for me to get my act together and finish the bodywork
    [​IMG]

5. disorderlysaint

disorderlysaint

Heres my 1960 Desoto. No teeth and no hemi. Go figure. Primer is temporary til its painted burnt orange and pearl white. A few minor mods including split rear bumpers and removed the dividing bars in the grille and lowered it. A couple other minor changes and thats all it needs i think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Vorhese

Vorhese

Just got a new exhaust for my Desoto
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPFkzOHmjF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPFkzOHmjF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I love your damn DeSoto, Vorhese! You hear me????

BloodyKnuckles

8. Rog Van

Rog Van

Here's a very nice 39 DeSoto that I street rodded. It has a 56 DeSoto 330 ci Hemi engine & an A-518 o/d tranny. It has all the bells & whistles also. I finished it in 2006. I have driven it about 10,00 mi so far. Dare to be different...................
    rt frt view.JPG

rt rear view.JPG

rt side view.JPG

dash complete 1.JPG

Motor frt view II.jpg

9. Vorhese

Vorhese

My wife and I made this fun video yesterday during one of the rare nice weather days here

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0m_hW3EVOb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0m_hW3EVOb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  10. Rare, nice days, huh?? Jerk!

Cool vid and song.

Keep the DeSotos alive!

BloodyKnuckles

11. Vorhese

Vorhese

One more for the road
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rr4GiV5Gzyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rr4GiV5Gzyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

12. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

My helper and the 48' DeSoto...

Attached Files:

13. Vorhese

Vorhese

14. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

I've falling head over heels for DeSotos and brought two lately.
    A 49 Coupe and 52 Sedan. 52 is a Diplomat made for NZ, Oz and other RHD countries. So that's why there's only 7 teeth in the grille.
    I brought these over the net and can't touch them for at least a year as I'm living overseas. Strange, I know but I couldn't help myself.

Attached Files:

15. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

bump for a great thread.

Im looking at a '53 now, need some inspiration.

16. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

what? nobody else???

17. MACH4

MACH4
    from east iowa

By chance do you know the people in the picture? It looks like my mom and my uncle. My uncle use to sell DeSoto. Please let me know if you do. Thanks!

18. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

First off what picture are you talking about?
    Next were did your Uncle work?

I started a list of all known Desoto Dealerships years ago and have lots of dealership photos from old dealership magazines.

Here is the list http://www.roadkillontheweb.com/dedealer.html it is broken down by state. Every so often I go on Google earth and Google street view and look up the old addresses to see if the buildings are still there.

19. Phinney

Phinney

My '59 Firedome 4door sedan. I know, it isn't worth anything but since I am a woman that is determined to learn welding, fabricating, etc. I thought it would work out. Hey, at least it runs and the kids love it!

Attached Files:

20. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I recognized your car. My friend Margo did most the body work on your car.(she was workin with Moldy at the time) I think she has some build pix if your interested

21. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Well i bought it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after photoshop
    [​IMG]

22. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

I like it Hillbilly! BIG.
    Not sure about the Buick Port holes and tail lights tho. Your tail lights look new as!

23. Brad Donahue

Brad Donahue

24. Brad Donahue

Brad Donahue

25. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

seeing all these desotos reminds me that my brother has a working neon light from a old dealer about 3ft wide & 2ft tall that hung in the window of a desoto dealer for years. anybody know what its worth ? it works perfect .

26. Here's a couple of my '50, currently getting some drivetrain and suspension upgrades to get 'er back on the road after a too long hiatus. Don't worry I do have caps for her.

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3970.JPG

27. moparjack44

moparjack44

I'm thinking about $10, but I will give him $20, and I will pay shipping and handling;):).

Jack

28. Here u have pics of my 1950 Desoto i bought in August 2010.

Have had some pinstriping on it an have also (with help from Ford51) reworked the rear fenders and put Pontiac 1950 taillights on it where the backlights use to be. Think it looks ok myself!! Will be some more modifications under this summer and also some more heavy things during next winter.

ENJOY!!!!!!! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. I just bought this '55 Fireflite a week ago! Runs/drives but will need some body work.

Attached Files:

30. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

Here`s mine,i just love it

Attached Files: