Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has been to every Hunnert Cr Pileup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kamp, Sep 19, 2009.

1. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

ive been to them all. love the show

2. magnet

magnet

You win Silent Rick!!

i will buy you a beer at the show.. or some reasonable facsimile thereof.

Yes, Mike Zenor named the show.. It was a stroke of genius. :)

The first postcard for the show.. ended up coming out at the first year we had it at the fairgrounds.. 2004 which was the third pileup. so yeah, it all started in october of 2002.

3. silent rick

silent rick

i usually try to grab a few extra stickers and throw them into the boxes of parts i sell here on the hamb. spread a little pileup to those around the country who might not be able to attend.

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I've been to all of them. I have decals from each show but didn't get shirts from the first 2.

I love the show in its current form, but kinda miss the days of hanging out across the highway next to all of the giant tractors... the looks the regulars in the diner down the street gave the show participants...

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

You should've seen the looks of the locals in Morris when Black Cat Rebellion showed up. :D

Are you kidding?! It already drives you nuts! Every year. But you like it. It turns you on.

Magnet cooked all the hotdogs and burgers at the first Pileup, because his helper who promised to help got sidetracked looking at cars. A different HAMBer, Gregg Z, eventually stepped up to the plate and helped him out and saved Mike's day though! I think we charged $0.25 per hot dog or something silly. 1950s pricing! That ruled.

I have all the shirts and stickers, but the stickers may be all stuck somewhere. I also have all the postcards and all the volunteer Thank You cards... which are a little more exclusive and rare. :D

Here's some more trivia.

Django has designed 7 of the 8 HCPU logos used on the shirts and stickers, but the very first Pileup was different. Who designed the logo used on the first sticker? Who designed the first t-shirt? I actually don't remember who did the shirt design, but I laid out the text on the back... poorly... but I ain't know graphic designer... I just know how to use MS Word. :D

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

the design was the devil chick hugging a sparkplug. I don't remember who designed it, but as soon as you say who it is, I'll go "ahhh...... that's right!"

I do have a complete set of 4 Pileup glasses from 2006 (I think) and a kick ass thermometer from 2 years ago that lets me know how cool my basement workshop is!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I met you for the first time at the second PileUp, 2003.
    You were so shy you wouldn't even give me a hug.:D
    Now you're married with two beautiful girls. Who would have thought.:cool:

8. Plowboy

Plowboy

I have been to them all but the first one. The boss didn't see a "stupid carshow" as a good enough reason to get out of work. I am glad I have more clout at work now.

I think I have had more cars that didn't run at the pileup than those that did run. The project section was always my favorite part. It has kind of been forgotten about in recent years.....

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

You were some strange woman from the internet... you could have been some sort of weirdo... how was I to know!!!!! :D

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:DHey, I resemble that remark :D
    Do you remember, I think it was the following year, you getting so burnt during Speed Week and we ran into each other at the buffet and I offered to rub aloe on you? You turned redder then your burn and said no thanks, you'd be fine! :D Still scared of me then.:D

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

do you see a theme here, stalker????? :D:p

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Everyone needs one:D....I've certainly had my share. :rolleyes:

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

Not forgotten, but very few people offer to bring projects anymore. We only have about 2-3 per year now. I think the peak was about 10 in 2003 or 2004.

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

PROOF!

Magnet and Gregg (in the background at the grill) grillin' and servin' 'em up at Pileup I!

[​IMG]

15. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Magnet cooked hot dogs 'cause BACON kept falling through the slats on the grill!!!

16. magnet

magnet

Whoa that takes me back..

17. yes...now i remember....i had carb issues and was messing with it an was pissed i missed them...

18. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I remember our group pulling off and trying to help you get back on the road one of the years. It was Sunday morning I think. That was sooo long ago!

19. haha...i wish i had a clue who helped that day. drove home find after it got fixed, killed just a little of the fun that weekend., but it was still a blast!

20. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

One thing I've managed to gather over the years was all the stickers. I've got several of the shirts... but not all of them. One thing I haven't done really was meet people and make friends like some of you. I always kinda keep to myself I guess, but always look forward to the meet & greet. And yeah, Marty & Sons was always cool! One of my favorite parts was seeing the bodies & projects tucked into the corners to make room for the bands.

21. Greaseballs

Greaseballs

Isn't this show like Woodstock in '69?? Hell, every hippie back in the day was in Woodstock

I came in kinda mid-stream....2005.....it was cold and windy as hell that year. All the dust blowing made me glad to have a natural suede paint job on the Caddy!! It's been awesome to be involved with the show and watching the attendance of spectators and cool cars grow each year. This year my wife's cousin is getting married the day of this year's show...but guess what....my wife and kids will make the 6 hour drive to the wedding without me, I'll be at HCP having a blast!

22. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Hellfish invited me to the 1st one, and I still haven't been able to go. I really do need to get off my ass and fix the Byooik.....

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Nah, more like Woodstock in '70. Not much happening. :D

Fraz, get that damn car running already!