Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pigeon forge, tn **shades weekend!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 390Merc, Sep 16, 2009.

1. JamesG

JamesG

Were there any traditional non-traditional car's there?

Thank you for the pictures.

2. moter

moter

x2!

3. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Roger that, my ride is in poor condition, but at least I didn't make it that way on purpose!
    Good body and shiney paint is in my future!

4. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

....... "or" you could spend YOUR gas, YOUR time, YOUR camera, and take YOUR ass to the show and come back and post what you want to see in YOUR own thread instead of acting like YOU got out there and did any of it, own any of it, or have any say in it. ;)

390Merc, THANK YOU for posting everything you aimed your camera at. I missed the show, but feel like I got to be there for just a few seconds by seeing these pics. :) I would have been gravely disappointed if you'd posted top shelf cars and made me think this event was without shitboxes and I made plans to go next year based solely on your photo's portraying this event as "no slack allowed" and got there only to see half that junk up there if I wasn't expecting it. :) Now if I go next year I know what to expect, the whole event. :)

5. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

6. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

I've been reading this thread, and maby I'm confused, but I'd like some of your opinions...would my car not be considered a traditional custom? It's a 1950 Cadillac, but it does have Air Ride, and a TBI 350 Chevy/700R4 powerplant, and vintage heat and air.

Attached Files:

7. I agree, thanks for posting, as there were some real jewels there it looked like.
    Also seems like there are an over abundance of ugly cars there too, weird, we see em here too, just not as many percentage wise at the shows as it seems it was there with his photos. I wonder if its something in the local water.

8. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

top three pictures are of Ricky Bobby's stuff.

9. waynus

waynus

Different strokes for different folks! To each his own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Just leave eveyone do their own thing. It's about the people and the hobby, not some category we place on it.

10. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

wrong! post what you want to...if these minds are so narrow they can't look pasted something they don't like, to freeking bad. I see guys cars on here everyday that i don't care for..but I don't piss and moan like this guy about it. " Like what I like or I'm going to bash your ideas".. get real Mr 128 post and your Fairlane 500.

11. fuck you..................please

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  12. kruzr

kruzr

Thanks for sharing the pics...all of 'em good ,bad and ugly.:D
    If I'm at a show and dont like a car, I wont waste my time to look at it.
    Same here if I dont like pic ,wont click on it....
    Is there a full moon out or something.

13. rick finch

rick finch

You belong to the HAMB Chapel and THAT is your response to someone that says PLEASE??? Nice...........:rolleyes:

14. HAMBers: please read this post with an open mind, and try not to get defenisve, that is not my point.

The reason that we LOVE the HAMB, and the reason it's grown to be what it is, is because of Ryan's vision to be singularly focused on TRADITIONAL Rods and Customs. We all appreciate this until we get flamed for posting something that doesn't fit. I have been reemed a time or two, and I didn't like it either, but I understand why it happened.

The key word is SINGULARLY focused. There are plenty of sites that are about any types of cars, but Ryan wanted to do something different, and it worked. I personally like many types of car that do not fit the HAMB, but I don't post them here, and that's the way it is. It's Ryan's place, he sets the rules because he pays for the bandwidth.

If you get nothing out of this post, at least take this with you... my entire point is that the HAMB is great because content is strictly monitored. Does that make sense??

I for one do not want to come into someone else's house and tell him how to define what Traditional is. This is Ryan's house.

15. Chainshot

Chainshot

You can call me a noob to this site. But I have been involved in old cars for 30 years. My taste have changed from muscle cars, rat rods and traditional. I have been involved with computers for 25 years. Way before the internet and home computers became public. I ran an frequented BBS boards back in the day. Also news groups and compuserve. Constructive criticism for the HAMB board. It could be better organized. I look through at least 9 pages of post each day when I first open it up. Subjects ranging from tires, a-models, 50's cars, flat heads, paint...you name it. I believe the HAMB would grow as a site. IF categories were created and moderated. A category for a-models, one for paint/body, one for engines, etc...AND...a category for rat rod only, one for off topic, events in the southeast, northeast, midwest, midatlantic, west coast. Etc...you don't like rat rods. Don't go into that section. Some people don't want to visit a hundred different websites. Our tool boxes aren't this un-organized. Our garages aren't this un-organized. Create some categories, get some volunteer moderators to keep everything in its place. This would prevent the arguments over rat rods, etc...

16. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Chainshot ~~~ You're mIssing the whole point "NOOB" (and most everybody else for that matter).... why list this as EVENT COVERAGE????

THIS IS PICTURES TAKEN BY A GUY WHO DIDN'T BOTHER TO GO TO THE SHOW....
    OF CARS THAT AREN'T EVEN IN THE SHOW!!!

I mean... this says it all:

"Probably one of the best car events to go to.... BUT
    Didn't bother going out to the show itself"

Sooooooooooo...... it's not event coverage

That's not being the police it;'s called COMMEN SENSE.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  17. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

The best show was not at "The Show" if you were there, you know it.

For the most part, all that was in the show... Was stuff the Trad Police would have REALLY freaked out over. Billet, radials, fiberglass, MII suspension, and SBC in 85% of everything. So "Event Coverage" would have been worse, trust me!

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

18. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I agree with Denise

19. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey guys- there is room to like all sorts of stuff- but this is a forum for traditional rods- keep it at that. Go to the rat rod forum and post those there- if we are there too we will see them then.

As for young guys and rats- not me. But mine is speedster so i dont know where I fall anyway. HAMB has offed THE MOST information on EVERYTHING I have needed so I say my views line up with this site.

20. Chainshot

Chainshot

I agree and the same for the Grand run.

21. Chainshot

Chainshot

Just saying...I'm a huge WW2 airplane buff. I see pics on here of planes and WW2 and other things. We could have ALL of it on here in specific categories. Instead of site jumping and members attacking each other. I think it would solve problems and make the site grow in membership.

22. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

This my point:

Taken AT THE SHOW!!!! (and I DO mean the green truck and not the yellow street rod)

[​IMG]

Taken at the USED CAR LOT "Malibu Motors" where this piece of crap came from:

[​IMG]

Any questions????:rolleyes:

23. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Forget about rat rods, Im inventing a new term...TRASH RODS! Some of those cars make rat rods look good!!! WTF, OVER?

24. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

I haven't had time to work on many of my pictures (converting from RAW to Jpeg)

these are pretty sweet,though...... i'm just saying....;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Chainshot

Chainshot

If you look at the flyer - it says rods, customs and classics through 1972. If the mod/owner of HAMB didn't want it on here. He should delete the entire thread. Instead of a few people on here thumping their chest, claiming they ARE the law and what should be allowed and not. Oh my gawd ! He cost me a mouse click !!! I want it back ! Someone give me my click back, wah.

26. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

like these two cars... not my style, I don't care for them, they are nice but I'd walk pasted them WITHOUT calling them names of saying anything bad about them. To each his own .

27. sota

sota

Thanks Haywood I built the Mutt Special and my friend Chris built the other modified.

28. Jackbolt

Jackbolt

I'm kinda hanging out here waiting for an answer to Caddy's question from the educated experts.???????????????????????????

No matter the answer. I LIKE IT.

29. Ebert

Ebert

I don't give a shit about the "definitions", but I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!
    E

30. I studied these two cars most of the day friday,,,we will agree to disagree:rolleyes:,,

They stopped me in my tracks,,but I like traditional style hot rods. HRP