Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identifying this cowl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by richiepan, Sep 25, 2009.

1. richiepan

richiepan
    from jackson nj

Im trading some tattoo work for this cowl just cant tell what it is (excuse my stupidity) a little help please. I know it didnt come off a panhead!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Looks like early 30's chevy. Does it have wood framing?
    Mat

3. moses

moses

dont know but it looks to be at a tatoo shop or some one that sollects sailor jerry stuff...jeffrey

4. richiepan

richiepan
    from jackson nj

yes it is in my tattoo shop and no it has no wood framing

5. i dont know what it is but thought id let you know we got a tattooist group here on the hamb for professoinals. check it out.

6. olskool34

olskool34

Looks like a gm, chevy comes to mind, has the same dash as my step-dad's 31 chevy and the indent in the firewall for a straight six.

7. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

It looks like a 29,30,31, chevy.

8. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Chevy truck cowl.
    [​IMG]

9. richiepan

richiepan
    from jackson nj

its leaning towards a 31 chevy 1/2 ton . could it be right??? the guy that gave it to me said it was a ford. (me being a chevy fan) and told me i couldnt build it with a small block chevy motor... hahaha looks like its working out my way thanks for the help

10. LowFat48

LowFat48

those year chevy truck cowls are hard to pin down , my `31 chevy 1/2 ton doesn`t have a cowl vent , might be a `32

11. If it's a Chevy, it should have a tag on the upper firewall with model year and serial number, or at least evidence that a tag was there before someone removed it. I remember the remains of a '24 Chevy touring car at Arthur Richmond's place near Dalton GA that was readily identifiable by the firewall tag although not much was left of the car other than a cowl and frame and running gear that had been exposed to the weather for many decades. Some years back I looked at the remains of a '25 Chevy fire truck that also had the identifiying tag on the firewall.

12. It's definitely a chevy truck.....I'm going with '33 -'35.......

13. BullyDog

BullyDog
    from Atlanta GA

It is Chevy, my 32 Chevrolet cowl looks just like that. The same drain for the vent and the concave piece in the center for the hood hinge

14. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I have a 33 Chevrolet and the cowl looks just like that , only my windshield frame is not the same as this one. But the cowl is the same. yeah lowcab..my dash has a wider raised upper with two dropdowns.

15. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Not a Chevy passenger model. The arch over the gauges goes farther to each side on Chevy. Pickup I cant say.

32 Chevy truck cowl has a curved reveal at the bottom edge of the cowl also. 31 maybe.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  16. richiepan

richiepan
    from jackson nj

ok so i think weve narrowed it down to a 33 1/2 ton. next question are body parts basically (interchangable) the same from 33 to 35.... thanks for the help here!!!!

17. LowFat48

LowFat48

get ahold of PBRmeASAP on here , he knows as much about these trucks as anybody on the board