Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 ford. gasser, custom, or both

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ghost28, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Ghost28

Ghost28

Remember the model cars that gave you choices on your build style. I have pretty much decided on the direction for my 51 shoebox club coupe. It will be a tail dragging custom with a 1/4 mile attitude attached Just to satisfy both of my needs.

But on most of the models back then, there was a third choice of an all out race car. So I am curious and also looking for gasser pics of 49 through 51 fords. Anyone have any, I searched most of the gasser threads and could not find any maybe there is a reason for not finding any.

Your opinion do 49 through 51 ford gassers look cool or not...John

Attached Files:

2. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

they look good, but since i LOVE coupes, i wanna see that just a lil bit of a taildragger with a nice built motor...

bass' is the SHIT

3. Here's one..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

Not bad. That looks really good, still trying to visualize a coupe done the same way...John

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I think the root of the problem is that you need to buy another shoebox and have a gasser and a custom

6. Carfanatic

Carfanatic

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

Thanks guys. Any others?

8. shorty54

shorty54
    from Arvada

My wife and I did a late 60's inspired drag car out of a '51. You have probably seen it around. Has the green primer for now with the BB Mopar in it and fenderwell headers. I personaly think they make cool drag cars but not neccessarily with a straight axle under it. But then again this is my opinion and you know the saying.

9. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

I'd go with the gasser route but that's just me as I love the look. I have 2 1952 Ford F-1 pickups, one was my grandfathers and is relatively stock the other one is going to be a 60's style gasser. So I sort of have the best of both worlds.

10. Ghost28

Ghost28

I have a line on a 49 2 door sedan That some kids took the top off of it. Or tried to chop it. WITH A CHAIN SAW :eek: but for $400.00 there is a lot of parts. Just don't know where to store it for a year or so???? John

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

Not sure I have seen it, but would like to. As you know as soon as you get one you see them everywhere. most likely mine will be a custom with a drag car attitude. I can see it sitting low in the back on the quarter mile, then launching with a pro stock attitude. Maybe just a dream for now, but hopefully I got time for this build also. Thanks...John

P.S. What events do you hang out at???