61_Poncho_Ventura

Sold
    Mike V.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  2. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

HEY MIKEY....BIGwelcome. bet u havent been called that in a while. o. k. ill never do it again. gees i said never.ha! i got nothing. just call me pop.

3. 61_Poncho_Ventura

61_Poncho_Ventura

Everybody calls me Mikey pop lol, I'm use to it. Thanks for the big welcome!

4. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Welcome! I'm a fan of '61 Pontiacs as you can tell from my avatar. :)

5. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

Welcome! We have a 60 Ventura, you have excellent taste!

6. 61_Poncho_Ventura

61_Poncho_Ventura

Thanks again for the big welcome everybody! This Ventura was my fathers car since new and sat in my grandparents garage since 71 due to the bearings going out of the 3spd manual. One of my dads best friends took the transmission home with him to rebuild it and that was the last we seen of it. Years went by and I just turned 16 and told my dad I wanted the Pontiac. Dad told me I could have the car if I did not molest it and drove it with respect. Well.....I lost interest in the car after awhile because a good friend got me into going to car auctions with him and thus...I turned into a dealer for awhile and just never had time to mess with the Ventura. After owning almost every car I ever dreamed of....I knew I had to get the Ventura back on the road. My father is 68 years old and he just recently had a heart attack with 5 bypasses. I promised my dad if he recovered well, I would get the Ventura restored and back on the road for him to enjoy the rest of his remaining life. I'm sure you all heard of father & son projects, but this project is more important for me to finish than any project I have restored in the past. I am glad to meet you all on here and hopefully you all can be a part of my restoration destination.

Mike

7. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

8. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

Good luck on the project. Can't wait to see the progress.

9. My 2nd car was a '62 Catalina - Welcome!

10. 61_Poncho_Ventura

61_Poncho_Ventura

Well guys....It's been awhile since I have been on this forum and I am happy to announce I finally got my 61 Ventura home from the vault! I will take more pics as I have time, I will be doing a full documentation on this car.

11. 61_Poncho_Ventura

61_Poncho_Ventura