Register now to get rid of these ads!

EAGLE FIELD Drag Race & Car Show Dos Palos CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I'm going to try and make it. I was all excited about this thing then my girlfriend drops the bomb that a family friend of her's is getting married that day, so if you see a dude walking around in a dress shirt with a look of panic on his face at about 1:30 that would be me realising that I have to hightail it back to Merced for the wedding lol..... All that said, I know I'm going to miss almost all of the track action but I still want to be there to support this event and all the hard work that went into it!
    Later, Roger

2. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Oh and be sure to bring some Black T-Shirts Strip T's I love the art work but I'll ruin a white shirt in about three seconds lol...

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I will see you there.

4. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

I havent even takin the car out of the trailer from the Chuy's Fuel Altered at Bakersfield, so its ready to pinstripe Eagle Fields runway.

The car had gobs of power at Chuy's, just couldnt get the front end to stay down so I had to peddle it 6 or 7 times to keep it off the gaurd rail.

Were gonna try an old trick Dave Hough of NANOOK fame use to do to get the tires really smoking, (like thats a problem with this car) lets just say it involves Joy dishwashing soap.

I hope there will not be any fuel checks (dont ask)

Were going to sacrifice some "Mickeys" to the tire gods as there old & should go out in style.........Blazing !

We'll be leaving way early to get there & find some real-estate to camp on for the day.

See Ya soon
    StOrMy.....Roadster's Rule!

5. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Rocky, we will have about 3 to four cars in our group showing up to show only. We are expecting about 20 people including us as spectators. We are not pre-registered, plan on paying at the gate.

Thanks for all your hard work getting this going. When you see us there if there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

6. casper

casper

I am still planning on going (bought my tickets already) I will have my wife and two daughters with me. We are looking forward to it. Kenny.

7. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Im there and sounds like three drivers with family in tow. Total 3 Hotrods racing for fun and 9 people.

8. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

We should be about 10-12 strong. We'll be camping out with our trailer. My wife is stocking up on bottled water.

9. I can't wait...I have had a few different folks up here tell me about the event...can't wait...might even swindle the wifey into coming down...

Toymaker, I emailed my registration form to you for the tickets...

I am really excited about this...and meeting some of you folks!

Todd

10. Shoprag

Shoprag

me and maybe four others!!!

11. Lancer

Lancer

I will be there with camera in hand and I may be draggin my brother along too.

12. I'm planning on coming with a few friends. I want to bring the '55 out, and maybe the BFD (it hasn't run in years).

Sam

13. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Myself and my friend are going, plus a group of about 5 from Tulare

14. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

We had our volunteer meeting tonight and looks like things are in order. The response and offers of help are second to none and I want to thank Ryan and the HAMB for helping us get the word out about our little event. Also there may be some confusion about the Raffle tickets for the $500 grand prize. If you have one of these tickets that cost you $10 each you can use it to get in, it is your admittance ticket, 1 ticket gets 1 person in. Thanks again to everyone and I can't wait until the 10th! Rocky
    "O" YA! 14 more days:D

15. whitch four?

16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Check out the PM I got from ThingyM.............

COOL!

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Due to the condition of the edge of the airfield we will only have 18' wide lanes (2 lanes 18' each). Because of this Open Wheel (Roadsters) and others may be required to make single (1 car at a time) runs, please pass this info along to everyone you may know who is attending. HAMB Dragsters WILL run side by side. If the possibility of only making single passes is an issue please contact me for a refund on pre-registered payments. PLEASE keep in mind that this event is FOR FUN and we are trying to move forward with all proceeds going to making improvements at Eagle Field that include 1000' of NEW pavement at the south end, can you say new Drag Strip? Thank you, Rocky

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

FYI......... The area I outlined is an area that Eagle Field wants to PAVE to accomodate large aircraft (like the B-25's) for their airshows. This is one reason I'm so excited about Eagle Field. Rocky
    [​IMG]

19. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

Rocky

I'll run with Rick side by side in ONE 18' lane if need be.

I just got through working on the extra set of tires I'm bringing to pinstrip Eagle Field.

Ellen will have an all new secret "Back-Up-Girl" outfit ( dont tell em yet) for the event, it will be a hit, Guaranteed !

I hope someone is going to video tape this deal, you can sell em on line,on HAMB, on Headerflames etc.
    Eagle Field Hot Rod Happening & Smokefest.

I'm having a preacher come over later & give the last rights to the "Mickeys" I'm bringing to fry.RIP.

StOrMy & ElLeN
    Revelation B/ Fuel Modified Roadster

20. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

Laying the tires sideways and smokin'
    StOrMy

Attached Files:

21. Strip T's

Strip T's

It's looking like Mack pinstripe brushes hall of fame stripper Craig Judd might be attending this event. I'm trying to get him locked in.IF he does come out you guys are in for a treat.He's done work for Muscle Machines including painting Steve Mentz(owner of MM)wildpro-street Stude The Panic Parrot.Craig has old skool down to a T.
    http://www.maderatribune.com/news/newsview.asp?c=188844

22. MoParFish

MoParFish
    from Clovis Ca

This sounds great!!! Just heard about it from a buddy. Should have the 64 Dodge done enough by then to make some passes. We'll be there! Too late to preregister??? If so just pay at the gate? Early drags closer to home. Way Cool!!!:D

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

"If you build it they will come"

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

'Fish, You can pay at the gate no problem!
    SEE YA THERE IN 10 DAYS!

Ron, I hope Craig attends, he would help TOP OFF the event:cool:

25. tommy v

tommy v

i wanta go, i'll try to drag a few freinds out

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

GREAT Tommy! See you the 10th. Rocky

27. spook498

spook498

Well, hopefully between my family and the in laws, that will be 14 people. :D

28. Strip T's

Strip T's

OK...It's confirmed...Craig Judd will be at this event. Craig is a good friend of the families and said he's thrilled to do it. His wife says he's gonna bring lots of Kool things!

29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

That is COOL, the Hot Rod Gathering is looking to exceed all my expectations!
    ONLY 8 MORE DAYS

30. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Great spook' we'll see ya the 10th. Rocky