Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects OT - new (old) metal working tools

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BinderRod, Sep 23, 2009.

1. BinderRod

BinderRod

I bought a few metal working tools over the weekend

A 48" Chicago Box/Pan Brake. 50 years old and it has not lost weight. This sucker is HEAVY.

I also picked up an English Wheel from the same guy. It has a 36" throat and is very sturdy and Large. It is headed to the powder coaters on Friday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan on adding work stations to the wheel stand. Planishing hammer and Shrinker/stretcher

2. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey, Looks like some fun, there!

You may wanna change the mounting of the upper wheel on your E wheel to one you can rotate 360 degrees! As your's is mounted, you can't wheel very long panel without hitting the back of the frame.

The idea of adding "work stations" sounds like a cool idea at first, but I've found those additions to equipment usually wind up getting in the way when you don't need them where they're mounted. Better a dedicated stand for each piece of equipment, with wheels to make them portable.

Good luck with your projects-

Swankey Devils C.C.
    " Humpty Dumpty was pushed!"

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

old tools are bitchn.. built to last. i picked up a 60" brake awhile back and its a tank..built in the 40's i think. had to figure out how to get it off the trailer once i got it home...

4. alleyoop

alleyoop

Nice But clean the rolls on the brake or you might have some paint where you dont want it.

5. collector

collector
    from madera,ca

nice.... love old metal working tools.have fun with them.