Register now to get rid of these ads!

Banger motor Guys, What are you using for Pedals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn Yard Chevy, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Barn Yard Chevy

Barn Yard Chevy

I'm getting close to decision time on the Johnny Hangover special ('30 Model A Truck) for the power plant. I'm weighing my options and still on the fence about Running the Banger motor. Now, my question is:
    If I have the stock drivetrain in the car (4 cyl & stock transmission) & I run Juice brakes... What do I do for master cylinder mounting? I'm prepared to make anything I need, I'm just wondering if theres a good way to do it and see how some of you have accomplished this....

Thank you BYC

Attached Files:

2. Road Toad

Road Toad

BYC
    You could use the same set up I used on my chevy.

RT

3. Barn Yard Chevy

Barn Yard Chevy

Real Hot Rods have 3 pedals Toad! [​IMG]

I'm just kidding....
    I checked out what you have quite closly and I like it, I'm just trying to figure out how to keep the clutch mechanism there & still be able to stuff a master cylinder in there some where...

BYC

4. Try these guys for a kit. http://www.clingsaftermarket.com/index.asp
    This kit will bolt into an A frame without even having to drill a single hole!!
    I think most people just use a V8 master cylinder bolted to the crossmember, with a bracket welded to the bottom of the original pedal to line the plunger up with the pedal.
    I'm not to sure as i'm still running the original mechcanicals!
    Post a message on here www.ahooga.com. You should get a good reply there.

5. I've seen homemade bracketry to mount A pedals on a B-gearbox and I know specialty ford parts used to sell a variety of brackets for converting from mechanical to juice brakes. I USED to have a catalog but can't get ahold of anyone when I call the #...

6. TV

TV

The Early V8 shop in Covena, has all the stuff to do the job right. The brakets are cool and neat and all looks like a stock setup.--TV [​IMG]

7. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

What happened to that Stude motor that abelugo had? Did he decide to keep it???