Register now to get rid of these ads!

The black art of channeling a car properly...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Lee, Oct 26, 2004.

1. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Jobcorp... do you have any pics of the build process. I'd like to see the frame, too.

2. james

james

Fatcat--more pics?!

3. fastcat

fastcat

heres a pic of the body mounts. I simply spaced the mount bracket 1/2" away from the cross braces that run from rocker to rocker and welded them in place on the inside of the frame. I will then use 1/2" thick rubber as body mounts.

Attached Files:

4. fastcat

fastcat

side shot.

Attached Files:

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

6. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

i know channelling is awesome and can really lower the stande of a car, but it just seems like z'ing the frame would be more practical in most cases. maybe not with a full bodied car, but for older a's and t's and bodies of the like, it seems like you could just z it front and rear like said above and it would retain the same interior space, not have the step inside the door, and still be as low as wanted.

pros and cons?

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

I think anything more than a four inch channel needs a frame Z. Z'ing the same amount front and back makes the most sense for the kit I'm working on. I could modify the design for a rear only setup. What do you'all think. Should the Z be the same front to back? What about Z'ing only the rear? I suppose tire sizes and front axle drops make a hell of a difference.

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Fastcat,just wanted to say how cool your chopped and channeled ride is! The pro streeted goldchainer versions that were around in the 90's made me think you could never make one look good ,but man have you nailed it,even cooler is the fact its a more door! Call me wierd but there is something different about a chopped more door that I love.Got any pics of it up on wheels yet?

koolkemp

Sergeant82d likes this.