Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are you bringing to the drags???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Aug 28, 2009.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Whaddaya mean "might". You better bring it!

Bitchin' wheelie, by the way.:D

2. The Shocker

The Shocker

Damn Dennis ,that thing is up in the air good.Whats it running nowdays? Last i heard it was in the mid 9's or so all motor.It always amazes me how fast that thing and its still all there ,interior ,steel bumpers ,etc...

3. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Now that is priceless Dennis. Don't let D W see that it will just get his jucies flowing.:D

4. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Fuck yeah dude! THATS what I'm talkin about! Bring that shit!

5. Awww, just come on out and do the "visit" thing.....you can let some of these guys how to get thier cars to go faster(if they wanted the voice of a real racer:cool:). I know that it would be "strange" for you to be at a drag strip and not driving a car:rolleyes:, but......
    And a great big Congrats on "buying a farm"(the "good way"...haha)
    See ya soon,
    Skot

6. Wesley

Wesley

If at all possible I will be there. I will be cutting it close and this rain is not helping me working on the outside of the house, it is however, filling the stock tank of the new place.

7. daddio

daddio

Pacemaker- Glad there'll be another Hudson there. I'll be bringing my 52 Hornet daily driver to thrill (me) and honk at the pretty ladies.
    Daddio

8. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I'm dying here knowing I will never make it to DOTD with my car...uuuuugggggggggh. Next year I will be there with my T without question.

9. Are you having any problems getting it down the track straight? That frame is SERIOUSLY tweaked!

10. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

pretty much done with pop's 57 all the front suspension has been rebuilt, ladder bars finished, exhaust, and ordered $500 worth of slicks today.all we have left is to put in some seat belts. i need to make a few runs in it though before the drags. last time i drove it with loose and 50 year old suspension components plus street tires it was pretty scary. well see if it goes straight and hopefully run in the mid to bottom 12's.

11. The Shocker

The Shocker

You still gunna make a few laps in the Dodge for me Ray? I dont mean to talk you out of it but the slicks are breaking loose in the middle of the track right before i shift and i wanted to let you know that before hand.I moved the battery to the trunk since Mokan and it should help sum i hope ,if not fix it for now (its costing me ET not staying hooked).Its not a death trap ,but it will get your attention when it breaks loose and gets out of the groove if your not expecting it .The main reason im wanting someone else to make a few runs in it is so that i can get a little video footage of whats happening with the suspension in the 1st half ,so i will know what to fix over the winter.You've been running close to the same ET's with your 53 ,and i have seen you do sum crazy burnouts and figure 8's , so you more than qaulify IMO if you have the time during the drags and dont mind...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  12. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

no prob. hows it act when you let out when it breaks loose. what about shifting a few 100 rpm sooner? may be better than breaking loose.

13. OCIE

OCIE
    from TRINITY,TX

Bringing this, hopefully it brings me back, i've never ran it with slicks before.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  14. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thats the thing , i dont let out.I just ease it back in the groove and it always drives through it and straightens out without lifting.I am affraid if i lift it would be worse .I have tried shifting it a bit lower like 5500 ,but it slows down.5800 seems to be the magic # as it lost ET shifting at 6000 -6100 also because the cam is out of wind at 5700 -5800.It starts breaking loose about 5000 i'd say .Im not talking about smoking tires ,but you can feel it moving around when its spinning at about 70 mph.It started this when i took all the seats ,heater ,front bumper ,and stuff off ,but the weight of the battery and box right over the pass. rear tire should help ,plus i will top the fuel cell off before each run.I think its just over powering the slicks ,because the car it too lite in the rear ,and because the leaf springs are getting unloaded at that point in the run.It sticks well off the line though usually.See you in Temple Ray and thanks...

15. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

That's a trruck lookin for a race, bad ass. Look us up at the river.

16. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

sounds a bit like what mine feels like. gets a little lite around 1/2 track

17. crazypainter

crazypainter

Come on Lux... forget the moredoor commet, let's see the tuder toot!

18. JPR

JPR
    from SA,TX.

Well I don't want to spill all the beans right now but here's a little info. Build will start in Jan 2010 and we will completely document the build here and on our website. (New logos and website is in the works and will debut in Jan)
    mid 60's, Straight axle, slight AWB, ladder bars, 4spd, Blower/Alky/Nitro, door car, wheelies, fire from the zoomies, and 1/8th mile burnouts. Hopefully running mid 8's.
    Our shop is super busy and making time to work on it will be tough so please say a prayer and cross your fingers and hope we can pull it all together by next year.

19. stewscoupe1929

stewscoupe1929

Driving eight hours..never been to it so i hope its a blast.. if i can make a low 12 sec pass i will be happy!:D

Attached Files:

20. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

HOT ROD BILL - You running slicks or street tires? I got a set of slicks for the truck, but will probably show up with the white walls on the truck to see if they stick.

21. OCIE

OCIE
    from TRINITY,TX

You wont regret coming, its an awsome time. I look foward to this event every year.

22. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

DOTD's is a must. Lot's of cool rides and lots of cool people.

23. lost rodder

lost rodder

ill be there....she will ethier blow or go! :p

24. The Shocker

The Shocker

I wouldnt have thought your 53 would feel lite with the ART MORRISON set up and the extra weight in the rear over my car.Im sure that 383 Chevy is putting out more balls than my 408 Dodge is based on the superior AFR heads ,way more cam ,and higher compression ratio.Hell ,running almost the same ET with 500-600 more lbs of weight and 3.73 gears it has to be.Imagine what that 383 would do in a lite car like mine ,yikes? Proly be a 10 second ride...

25. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I have both, my street tire worked good last year. For some reason I could hookup good at Little River but not in Denton, maybe the cold. I have some Hurst cheater slicks I'm going to try, you can try them to if you want. I'm pumped and counting the days, too much fun.

26. stewscoupe1929

stewscoupe1929

Andi'm also bringing my lovely 2 girls!!;).. Who i caught my one, wife, putting my new mooneyes tach on!! She got there before i did! Is there many front engine rails there and whats the culture like at the strip? I went to loanstar round up last year and loved everything about that show! Is like that just at a strip?:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

27. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

i dont think its so much as the tires breaking loose but it gets alot of air under it and hard to manage when you start getting around 90 mph.

28. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

even better. in my opinion if i had to pick one event to attend it would deffinately be the drags hands down.

29. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Went to my buddy's house yesterday to watch the nuts and bolts flying on his 36 drag truck. Everyone called for a burnout when I left, so I stage up in front of his house and light em up. When the smoke clears I see a car has come around the corner behind me, a SHERIFF. So he's sitting there with rubber pellets all over his hood wondering WTF. I've got about 1/8 mile on him but the road doesn't really go anywhere. I drive slow down the road and turn into another bud's house and he passes on by and waves, pretty cool. Sometimes us old farts can get away with shit, maybe he thought I got the brake and gas mixed up, yea that's what happened officer. Day Of The Drags is next week, right?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  30. Gonna have to rename you "Lucky Bill":cool:......hahaha
    I'll have to agree with you that "some" of the Sheriffs are "OK" around here.
    Skot