Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 ford suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadWarrior13, Sep 22, 2009.

1. RoadWarrior13

RoadWarrior13
    from Louisiana

How low can I go using a straight axle in the front without z-ing i
    my chasis Does anyone have a picture with fenders .

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

It depends on what you mean by "straight axle". Do you mean a stock axle, a dropped axle, or a literally straight, gasser-style axle? The limitations are the axle configuration and the front wheel diameter.

I've looked thoroughly at Z'ing a Model A frame in such a way that you can run fenders, because I don't like the look of too-short front wheels.

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

I put a dropped axle and reversed eyes on my 31 coupe
    it was undriveable
    the tires hit the underside of the fenders
    after putting the stock spring eyes back on, its working fine

Where are you in Louisiana?

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I would use a 46" wide 4" drop axle and a mono leaf front spring.That way you can adjust the height by putting spring pack on top or below spring and if that's not low enough,have the leaf spring flattened a bit and I would say you could go as low as you want by adjusting a little at a time.........

5. Low Fat 38

Low Fat 38
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norton,Ma

Manyolcars, I am putting together a 3 1/2 drop front axle with reversed eye 10 leaf spring with reversed eye and plan on 16 inch tires. This is standard stuff. What size tires did you use? How deep was your drop?

6. RoadWarrior13

RoadWarrior13
    from Louisiana

I want to run my fenders but go as low as possible and be able to drive worry free. Drop axle is what I was talking about sorry . I would ultimAtely like to z the frame front and rear and run the fenders . But that's later after viva. I just want to get it driving as low as I can drop axle and four link in rear